Nyxx

Your servers Down Sunday Morning?

I cannot fly because I get a time out all the time from chase plane. 

Your web site is down also https://fsfxpackages.com/en/ChasePlane/

STOP making it that we have to be online for chase plane to work.

You are grounding use because of your problem. I stoped using TrackIR for this programe and I simple cannot do anything now without chase plane working.

Its not good. It really is not good at all

Sort it out.

Change it so it works offline.

This simple is not good enough. 

Not happy at all with you.

• Upvote 9

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Same here, chaseplane cant start due to servers being down

I absolutely understand that you want to protect intellectual property and prevent your software from being pirated, but Chaseplane needs an emergency offline mode, dont make paying customers suffer....

• Upvote 5

Yes me too. I didnt realise that if we lost connection to the server then we wouldnt be able to use P3D. Bad taste this...Back to Ezdok then..

• Upvote 3

They have to stop making this online only and this is why.

Yeah I'm afraid I agree with this, I didn't realise that if the connection was lost then VFX Central wouldn't load and consequently all my cameras etc within the simulation wouldn't work properly.. There needs to be some kind of fail safe built into this to prevent this being an issue.. 

• Upvote 3

Me too, chase plane cant start due to your servers being down, this is why we need offline mode.

• Upvote 2

Same here cannot even disable CP so I can use P3D without it. Stupid to use while online only :angry:

Daniel Lai Lam

• Upvote 2

I am very disappointed, cannot fly!

Would like response from support team.

My advice is to inform your users immediate in case of this kind of problems. This the only way to keep your customers happy

• Upvote 2

Guys all go sign this

It should be a sticky.

Its not just about "us" being connected its also about them being offline and taking is all down with them.

This has had 120 views I wonder why! I wonder how many world wide are grounded because the people seeing this will be a very small number of the grand total.

• Upvote 2

I am totally with you on that! There should be an offline mode. It can't be true, that the whole camera system doesn't work at all if there are any problems with the internet connection. It already happened several times for me (due to problems on my end, my provider). 

omfg chaseplane ,  ???   , im not happy at all , get out off you bed , do the servers work again  , whe all like to fly on sunday 

• Upvote 4

As if our hobby isnt sometimes frustrating enough with all the sim crashes, oom's and other addons suddenly deciding to stop playing nice...i really dont need another layer of frustration caused by "external" issues that arent our fault at all.

If you have only limited simulator time per week due to other tasks and duties this is just unbelievably frustrating

And when I buy a software that requires permanent server access in order to work, i expect a server infrastructure that is monitored and maintained 24/7, including immediate customer updates

You better fix this quickly, i'm still eligible for an EZDok v2 upgrade discount....

• Upvote 6

It's the only program that needs to ping their servers, even AS16 (Having tested it) can run without pinging HIFI Servers albeit it wont be able to have live or weather downloads for obvious reasons then but you can setup manual weather in it.

I get that the camera config files are stored on the cloud but redundancy means they should be stored locally too when you install the prog then if it starts and cant connect to server then it should run in an offline mode with a warning message or something about cant save cameras to cloud and then next time you run it online it uploads them... 

Steam & Origin both have offline modes.

• Upvote 5

Though it is bad that there is an online requirement that is not even the main issue I'm having with this.

What I find way more important is that some people can't use P3D because of this issue. A 3rd party app should never *ever* block you out of another program, especially ChasePlane. This is a very bad development architecture.

For the people wanting to fix this issue right now, manually editing the EXE.xml in %appdata% and setting ChasePlane to Disabled: true will at least allow you to use your simulator.

1.PNG

• Upvote 2

Yeah, it's really a bad joke, that your sim won't start anymore, and that you can't deactivate CP, once the internet connection fails (for whatever reason). Sure, one can change the exe.xml, and yes, CP is still Alpha, but the offline feature, and the ability to deactivate CP if the internet connection fails, should be part of the next update!

Agreed, needs to be able to run offline even if it comes with a warning that any changes to cameras will not be saved, for example.

I was left scratching my head this morning as I'm about to embark on another leg of my around the world trip, but ChasePlane refuses to work. Quick trip to the forums and I find the reason in this thread. Not good! It's probably the only bad thing I've found with CP so far, but it is quite a big one.

Edit: To make matters worse, even TrackIR is not working in FSX now... not sure if that is the result of CP being offline due to the new TIR integration. So indeed it looks like I am grounded for now :angry:

Martyn

• Upvote 1

The  dev  himself  already  stated  he is  working  on  a offline  mode  give  him time

1 minute ago, Mustang-242 said:

It's probably the only bad thing I've found with CP so far, but it is quite a big one.

Exactly this, i absolutely love chaseplane, even in its alpha state, but this is a serious showstopper, and server issues cant be excused with alpha status

Its now more than an hour since first reports, FSFX are based in european timezone as far as i know, and no server failover or  any status update from the devs. Thats a slap on the wrist for the devs and a clear warning for any potential future buyers

• Upvote 2

Don't want to pile on you guys but maybe you need to listen to this. I can't use FSX because the mouse is locked.

Blame Trump and the Russians.

Thank You.

19 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

The  dev  himself  already  stated  he is  working  on  a offline  mode  give  him time

TBH, i never really had the impression that this is on their priority list. Its a great and simple way to prevent piracy, but there's nothing worse than making paying customers life difficult with anti piracy measures that prevent to use the software. 

I commend Aerosoft for their approach: they always stated that, even though their software gets pirated a lot, they wont plaque their customers with over complicated protection measures or always online requirements 

• Upvote 2