ScotFlieger

Note to all VRi MCP1 Users

I have recently answered several queries from owners of the original VRInsight MCP1 panel. They report that LINDA is not working with their MCP1 with advanced aircraft like the PMDG 737NGX and Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321.

The reason is twofold. First, the config-mcp.lua file has been generated from the default aircraft configuration for SPD/HDG/ALT and these are not suitable for more complicated aircraft like PDMG and Aerosoft products. You need to go through the specific module menu and assign functions specifically written for your aircraft. Second, because your MCP panel is no longer sold, neither I nor Guenselli, have this panel to create a specific config-lua.default file for MCP1 users.

However, I have been working on this problem. Using 2.9.x there is now a method of copying the MCP2 configuration to work with your MCP1 panel.

The procedure is as follows:

• Open LINDA and manually select PDMG737NGX or other aircraft from the dropdown.
  • Go to Setup MCP.
  • Select MCP2(Boeing) and save.
  • Select the Combo MCP page.
  • Click twice on the EFIS Mode 3 tick box at bottom (or make any other change) to highlight save button.
  • Hold down CTRL key and click on SAVE. You will see a confirm message that MCP1 config-hid.lua file has been created.
  • Go to Setup MCP and change back to MCP1 panel and save.
  • Start your flight sim and load the above aircraft.
  • Select FSXSync ON (orange box).
  • You should now have functioning SPD/HDG/ALT knobs and buttons.

Please note that not all LINDA aircraft modules will have a config-mcp2.default file. The default aircraft supplied with your flt sim (eg. Beechcraft 58) will work with the default functions included in the default template  and the library LIB-FSX Default.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

can you ex[lane  the line " Select FSXSync ON (orange box)."

i don't understand what is the orange box ?

thanks

For LINDA to connect to the Flt Sim, the user must click on FSX-Sync at top of window. Connection is indicated by an orange box around the aircraft dropdown box.

FSXSync-2.JPG

Hello together

I've installed WIN7, P3DV3.4,  LINDA 3.0.1, Aerosoft Airbus 318-321, VRInsight MCP2 panel.

MCP2 Panel is connected with COM3 and it is working.

When i need the Airbus, the panel isn't working correct. Many switches and knobs dosen't work.

Can you tell me, what is wrong?

Many thanks for the reply Peter

10 hours ago, hapiair54 said:

Hello together

I've installed WIN7, P3DV3.4,  LINDA 3.0.1, Aerosoft Airbus 318-321, VRInsight MCP2 panel.

MCP2 Panel is connected with COM3 and it is working.

When i need the Airbus, the panel isn't working correct. Many switches and knobs dosen't work.

Can you tell me, what is wrong?

Many thanks for the reply Peter

Hi Peter

Welcome to LINDA and the forum.

I believe the problem you are having is that you have the wrong config-mcp2.lua configuration for the MCP2. You can check this by opening the MCP Combo page and selecting the MCP (centre sub-panel). The SPD/HDG/ALT/VVS knob function should all have the AB_ prefix.

I recommend you ensure you have the latest Aerosoft Airbus 4.4 v3 module which contains a config-mcp2.default file in /linda-cfg/aircrafts/aerosoft airbus/ folder. If it exists, delete the current config-mcp2.lau file and restart LINDA. This should copy the default configuration to your current installation.

You may need to make your own assignments for various buttons and switches as when I created the default MCP configurations I did not have a MCP2 to work with. 

Edited by ScotFlieger
Additional advise added.

Hi,

I recently purchased a used MCP Combo 1 and this was the trick to getting it to work with my  PMDG 737NGX. Thanks for figuring out a workaround and posting it. Can you tell me if this will also enable me to use other modules like for the PMDG 747 or 777?

Thanks again.

Chad

Mister ScotFlieger,

Thanks for the explanation about MCP1. Unfortunately it did not work for me.

Its okay with all planes except my favorite PMDG B737-800/900. The confirm message is in my case: "Config saved as VRi MCP Combo (original) version" and a second one for the Airbus version. This in stead of "MCP1 config-hid.lua".

In FSX no problems, but in my Prepar3d V4.2 I am not able to get the MCP working. I use FSUIPC 5.124 payware and Linde 3.0.5. I think I followed your installation instruction to the letter.

I hope I am doing something wrong and you can tell me what! ;-)

With kind regards,

Harmen Weistra,

www.hweistra.nl

Hi Harman

Sorry to hear of your problems. There should be no “MCP1 config-hid.lua” file. In the /Linda-cfg/aircrafts/PMDG 737NGX folder you should have:

• config-hid.lua (your Joystick config)
  • config-MCP.default
  • config-MCP2.default
  • config-MCP2a.lua
  • config-MCP.lua (if you have saved your MCP configuration)

If your MCP is not working, delete the config-MCP.lua file and restart LINDA and P3Dv4. If the .default files are missing, please download and install the latest version of the module.

As you say that everything was working with FSX then you can copy your old config-MCP.lua file to the above folder.

Make sure you have the correct MCP type and Com port set.