Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

1080Ti OFFICIAL LAUNCH - 35% FASTER!

On 3/6/2017 at 6:01 PM, martin-w said:

Rumour circulating that AIB's are very angry. Nvidia have apparently given them very little time to develop their versions of 1080 Ti. 

Thus, forcing purchasers to go with founders edition if they want a card now.

And unsurprisingly, NVidia has done the usual and kept supply low on launch so that within hours all the standard versions have sold out and some are being resold already for $900 US!

I need to get the 1080Ti before the end of April before I move overseas and I'm hoping to get an EVGA version, the ICX FTW - have a bad feeling that it's either a) not going to be ready on time or b) will be sold out until the summer anyway. It's great to create a buzz for a launch but it's always like this with a new GPU launch. Hope the AIB's can work their magic quickly, sure they will.

18 minutes ago, gizmosellsbunnys said:

Scalpers edition 1080ti just think those 1080 look enticing to buy at $500. 

Well it certainly could beg the question of whether 2 1080's in SLI would be worth it for around the same price as an in demand/low supply 1080Ti! Prices on the 1080 when it was released remained excessively high for a long time after launch. It will probably be the same for the 1080Ti. If I had time to wait I would be holding for the price drop - however that could happen around the same time as a certain AMD card launch so then all bets may be off!

In July last year 1080 were selling over $1200 on eBay and Amazon. The 1080ti is sure beast of card and Titan owners feel sad there $1200 investment is outdone by $700 1080ti.  Hope AMD cards are comparable almost like AMD gave up on high end of the market and conceded it to Nivida. 

AMD have Vega on the way of course, but don't forget Nvidia have their new 12nm Volta in the pipeline! 

On 3/1/2017 at 3:43 PM, FlyCathay said:

I have a 1080, and have been thinking doing 1080 SLI. With the price drop, I probably will pull the trigger in a week or two. :D

I take that back, bought another 1080 and tried SLI. Yes, the FPS with heavy cloud was better but it also introduced mirco stutter. 

Danny F