martin-w

1080Ti OFFICIAL LAUNCH - 35% FASTER!

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Been waiting for this, now i can upgrade my GTX 780.
I had the impulse to buy a 1080 last month, thank god i didn't!:biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was thinking in buying a new card, I'm know close to do it.

Cheers, Ed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Titan owners everywhere are crying in their Wheaties this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will this card really give a 35% increase in performance (FPS) over an existing GTX1080.

Does it really work like that in P3Dv3...  (of course assuming CPU is not limiting)

 

Those that get it, can you post a report here ASAP...  thanks

 

PS -  I have a 980ti at moment and wondering if an upgrade would be worth it...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, GTX 1080 drops in price by $100 and GTX 1070 by $30. So if you were on the fence about getting one of those cards, now might be a good time to upgrade (or rather, 1-2 weeks from now when the new prices have come into effect). The actual retail prices might drop even more, especially for the 1070 which would otherwise be a bit too close to the 1080 in price.

I was going to wait for Vega, but with the Pascal price drops already here and not a peep about Vega prices or launch dates, I might pull the trigger and replace my venerable GTX 970.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, aerostar said:

Will this card really give a 35% increase in performance (FPS) over an existing GTX1080.

Does it really work like that in P3Dv3...  (of course assuming CPU is not limiting)

 

Those that get it, can you post a report here ASAP...  thanks

 

PS -  I have a 980ti at moment and wondering if an upgrade would be worth it...

 

have the 980ti as well, but i left p3d for xp11. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 1080, and have been thinking doing 1080 SLI. With the price drop, I probably will pull the trigger in a week or two. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have the prices been announced? Nothing in the UK yet re this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The potential 1080ti buyers used 1080's are starting to show up on Craig's list - one near me for $490.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, warbirds said:

The potential 1080ti buyers used 1080's are starting to show up on Craig's list - one near me for $490.

That's far too high.  The "new" retail 1080 price will be $499.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, martin-w said:

Have the prices been announced? Nothing in the UK yet re this.

£699 inc VAT + free shipping for the Founders Edition direct from Nvidia.

Though the website appears to be down at the moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GrayP said:

£699 inc VAT + free shipping for the Founders Edition direct from Nvidia.

Though the website appears to be down at the moment

 

Oh great stuff, thanks Graham. Pretty expensive. I may pass my 980Ti on to my daughter, as I'm building her a Mini ITX system. Be a while though, so by that time the 1080 Ti may have dropped in price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never really realized a major fps improvement when updating video cards, maybe a few fps more but not much. If you go from a 5 year old card to a new one then there should be some gain but from one release to another it has always been very little. 

I expect the same going from my 1080 to a Ti.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess everyone saying that the Ti was going to be $800 + was quite wrong. Wish I would have waited another month , oh well. I'm CPU limited at this point anyways. Need a new mobo/processor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you guys think 980ti to a 1080 ti upgrade is worth it? Im running xp11 mainly, will go back to p3d if it goes 64bit. I have a 6600k @ 4.7ghz. The 980ti struggles to push 4k in xp11 and maintain 30fps. The GPU runs 90% plus in 4k and the memory is maxed out around 5.9gb used so I was hoping that the 1080ti would allow me to run 4k at 30fps. To me a cpu upgrade wont get me anyhting right now so might as well go the GPU route and wait a year till the new intels and amds come out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely worth it. I am going from a 1080 to a 1080ti as soon as release day comes around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, martin-w said:

 

Oh great stuff, thanks Graham. Pretty expensive. I may pass my 980Ti on to my daughter, as I'm building her a Mini ITX system. Be a while though, so by that time the 1080 Ti may have dropped in price. 

 

If you're building her a "mini itx" system, good luck fitting that huge card in there...

 

also in general prices do not drop until a new generation is launched, so this won't be for another year or two (not sure what "be a while" means to you). My 980Ti up to when the 1080 came out and even after, was still pretty close to what I paid for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Raven9000 said:

 

If you're building her a "mini itx" system, good luck fitting that huge card in there...

 

also in general prices do not drop until a new generation is launched, so this won't be for another year or two (not sure what "be a while" means to you). My 980Ti up to when the 1080 came out and even after, was still pretty close to what I paid for it. 

 

:biggrin: Ha, I know, but the Lian Li case I have already bought for her does indeed accommodate the 980 Ti. 

Always a challenge cooling Mini ITX but perfectly doable with common sense.

Lovely cases Lian Li, I have a Lian Li super expensive PC-X510 mega case. Utterly fantastic. 

 

Re price drop, it will be many months before I can build for her, so we will see what the situation is then re prices and 1080 Ti.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking to upgrade to the 1080ti from a 970. This will be the first time I get a truly top of the line card close to release. I feel like a big boy now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I'm looking to upgrade to the 1080ti from a 970. This will be the first time I get a truly top of the line card close to release. I feel like a big boy now!

I'm doing the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I'm looking to upgrade to the 1080ti from a 970. This will be the first time I get a truly top of the line card close to release. I feel like a big boy now!

What will you be using it for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vortex681 said:

What will you be using it for?

Graphics! what else??? I'm kidding I'm kidding. Looking at that spreadsheet that Rob A. put together for using p3d in 4k, ill be using it for p3d. right now, clouds kill kill kill my performance in 4k. I'm pretty darn certain the new card will help. Rob A. spreadsheet said it would.

I'm also looking to play other games as well and I know thst this new beast of a card will help with that when playing in 4k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now