Sign in to follow this  
BLACKCLIP

Xtreme prototypes GLJ25

25 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Don't get hung up on this optimize parts thing, just simply install the FSX version into P3Dv4. The only difference I have found so far is that with the FSX version you will not have the balance control on the 8 track tape player. 

They are working on a solution with LM for this so buy it, fly it, and soon you will be able to run the full version with optimize parts on with the P3Dv4 version. It seems LM will be adding more animation parts slots to the cockpit in the near future so this can happen. 

This plane ranks right up there with PMDG, Real Air and A2A so letting this small temporary problem stop you is just keeping you from the best small jet in any flightsim to date. 

Thanks Paul.

I've already installed P3d's version into v4. So far performance is not an issue, but I don't see the gtn 750/650 in the panel.

I put the info into the vc3 section and added gtn file into main L25 folder, but so far no GTN units.

I can't wait to fly this beast.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

DJJose - You'll need to hit this button to cycle to the GTN?

"Users can cycle between two different optional panels and the default GPS/radar pan-el by clicking the icon marked "OPT PANEL" above the upper right corner of the GPS."

Cheers

Martin

On 8/26/2017 at 4:12 PM, Xtreme67 said:

Turning on the landing /taxi lights at night should not illuminate the cabin. The only exterior light effect that will illuminate the cabin is the “wing inspection light” (the switch is on the center pedestal). Actually, this aircraft is not equipped with a wing inspection light. The reason we’ve programmed the switch this way is to illuminate the belly at night, which produces a nice lighting effect. This type of effect has had a known issue for years: their light passes through walls and illuminates the cabin. Fortunately, we’ve been able to correct this for the rotating beacon lights in v2.1. This is fully documented in the manual and we recommend turning on the “wing inspection light” only when snapping screenshots in the exterior view.

Also, please note that Prepar3D® v4 has a new lighting option called “Dynamic Lighting” that enables or disables illumination for lights. Checking this option will cause the same unwanted effect from multiple light sources: light will pass through walls and illuminate the cockpit (we noticed this issue with a few vehicles, unless the lights are located in front of the cabin/cockpit). This seems to be a sim issue and we recommend unchecking this option until we can find a fix to circle around it.

Ok, wing inspection light should be off to stop lighting up the cockpit.

But the “Dynamic Lighting” OFF ... will that mean no taxi / landing lights ... ?

"Checking this option will cause the same unwanted effect from multiple light sources: light will pass through walls and illuminate the cockpit "

"This seems to be a sim issue and we recommend unchecking this option until we can find a fix to circle around it."

What are the multiple sources where light will pass into the cockpit?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

2 hours ago, warbirds said:

This plane ranks right up there with PMDG, Real Air and A2A so letting this small temporary problem stop you is just keeping you from the best small jet in any flightsim to date. 

I second that statement.  This aircraft immediately became my favorite.  :biggrin:

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Purchased the Xtreme prototypes GLJ25 a couple of days ago so in the early learning stages and just managed to do first flight, from default airport up to KMDW, at fl200, went thro' and followed the manual, so it took a little while, On TO and setting the power to 100% RPM I had difficulty restricting the climb out to 15deg. in fact the pressure on the control was so much I just about kept it between 20-25, the vs was way past the 4000fpm.

During the flight the oxygen and hydraulic pressure were up at the high end of the green arc, including the emergency air. couldn't find away to reduce the values.

Did the climb and decent using the vs fpm knob, tried  to use the command pitch wheel on the autopilot but it didn't appear to work.

so any ideas where I'm going wrong.

bob

43 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Ok, wing inspection light should be off to stop lighting up the cockpit.

But the “Dynamic Lighting” OFF ... will that mean no taxi / landing lights ... ?

"Checking this option will cause the same unwanted effect from multiple light sources: light will pass through walls and illuminate the cockpit "

"This seems to be a sim issue and we recommend unchecking this option until we can find a fix to circle around it."

What are the multiple sources where light will pass into the cockpit?

Of course not. This will not affect the landing/taxi lights. They will behave exactly like in previous versions of Prepar3D® or FSX. But they will not project their light on other objects (if "Dynamic Lighting" is OFF), such as the belly of the aircraft or the nose gear. However, you will still see the lighting effect of those lights on the runway (the V-shaped cones of light on the ground).

When a light effect is treated as a light source, it has the unfortunate tendency to pass through walls in the sim (this is an old known issue). For example, the original beacon lights in v2.0 were reflected inside the cabin and cockpit which was not realistic (light does not pass through opaque walls). If a light effect is treated as a light source and the scale (size) of some of the effect particles is large enough and the light source is located near the cabin or cockpit, light will pass through the aircraft fuselage and reflect inside the cockpit. This should not happen. It is more noticeable on smaller aircraft like the Learjet, where the cabin/cockpit is closer to the light sources, and if the light sources are located behind the cockpit (so their light will be projected on the panel). Some stock aircraft in P3Dv4 have their landing lights located at the front and these lights won't reflect in the cockpit. If the lights are located behind the cockpit (and close enough), the panel will be illuminated.

I guess that this is something that will be fixed in future versions of Prepar3D®. On our side, we just go around these issues when we have no control over them. This is what we did to solve the rotating beacon light issue in v2.1, They no longer reflect in the cabin/cockpit.

Alain Rouleau

Producer - X-Series
Xtreme Prototypes, Inc.
Montreal (Canada)

1 hour ago, onebob said:

Purchased the Xtreme prototypes GLJ25 a couple of days ago so in the early learning stages and just managed to do first flight, from default airport up to KMDW, at fl200, went thro' and followed the manual, so it took a little while, On TO and setting the power to 100% RPM I had difficulty restricting the climb out to 15deg. in fact the pressure on the control was so much I just about kept it between 20-25, the vs was way past the 4000fpm.

During the flight the oxygen and hydraulic pressure were up at the high end of the green arc, including the emergency air. couldn't find away to reduce the values.

Did the climb and decent using the vs fpm knob, tried  to use the command pitch wheel on the autopilot but it didn't appear to work.

so any ideas where I'm going wrong.

bob

Hi Bob,

What you are describing is perfectly normal.

The Learjet 25 is a very performant aircraft and the climb rate right after takeoff could easily get out of control. It's not a rocket, but... We recognize that the takeoff sequence happens quite fast and requires an efficient drill in order to observe and maintain altitude, speed and climb rate.

You will need to be trimmed properly before takeoff and during your climb in order not to exceed a 15-20-degree climb. Before takeoff, check that the Pitch Trim Indicator is about one needle thickness below center (not more than that). Make sure the Takeoff Trim Alert Annunciator is OFF. During climb, adjust your trim to maintain the proper rate of climb.

From the manual, section 5, page 2: "Your addon should be controlled with only constant and light movements of the joystick/yoke. The controls should never be pushed hard and should be properly trimmed at all times. Remember: Trims are there to help you but they are not primary flight controls. As a qualified pilot, you should hold the desired attitude with the controls and trim until the effort is gone. Do not let go of the controls and use trim to get the required attitude. This is sloppy flying and can lead to loss of control."

The oxygen pressure will remain constant and in the green unless there is an emergency such as a sudden depressurization of the cabin (then, in this addon, oxygen will be fed to the pilots and the passengers and the needle will move). Oxygen is used only when needed for the pilots or the passengers. You can check the oxygen system by opening the valves on the left side of the cockpit. The O2 tank is filled by default to about 1,500 psi when the aircraft is loaded (you can fill it manually by clicking the gauge). Refer to fig. 4-37 and 4-47 in the manual for more information about the oxygen system.

Same with the hydraulic pressure. Unless the engine/generators and the electric auxiliary hydraulic pump fail at the same time, hydraulic pressure should be constant and in the green. Refer to fig. 4-37 and to page 3, section 5 of your manual.

The Vertical Speed Selector Knob on the VSI and the A/P Pitch Command Wheel work only when the autopilot is engaged. Please refer to section 5, page 15 in the manual for a complete discussion about the AFCS installed on this aircraft.

Hope this helps.

Alain Rouleau

Producer - X-Series
Xtreme Prototypes, Inc.
Montreal (Canada)

10 minutes ago, Xtreme67 said:

including the emergency air. couldn't find away to reduce the values.

I forgot about this one... Emergency air will only be depleted in case of... an emergency! For example, in case of a hydraulic or electrical system failure when the landing gear needs to be lowered by using the Emergency Gear Extension Lever (see fig. 4-37 and 5, fig. 4-41 in the manual). The bottle is filled by default when the addon is loaded and it can be refilled manually by clicking the gauge. During normal operation, the needle should remain in the green.

Alain Rouleau

Producer - X-Series
Xtreme Prototypes, Inc.
Montreal (Canada)

Outstanding aircraft and outstanding service from Alain in this thread. I bought this aircraft for P3Dv3 and was disappointed by the "Optimize_Parts" issue; I experienced significant FPS issue when trying to run the aircraft as required in P3Dv3.

However, I'm running it in P3Dv4 now, which is launched on my rig by SIMstarter NG. I set up a SIMstarter profile that launches P3Dv4 with OPTIMIZE_PARTS=0 in the Prepar3D.cfg file. The result? A smooth experience with a terrific aircraft.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I'm going to lock this one down now. We REALLY appreciate that Alain has devoted time here on this great product but he has his own support structure. If you need technical support - please visit https://xtremeprototypes.com/en/shopcustcontactsupport.asp

I can speak from experience that they are quick to answer any issues.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

My apologies to Alain - through a misunderstanding on my part of certain guidelines I erred in locking this very informative thread. Considering the XTP Lear is my favorite a/c to fly I'm glad it is reopened. 

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks Vic, having a public thread is a great place for folks to share their experiences with this awesome aircraft!

Cheers

Martin

• Upvote 1

It's this thread that pointed me to this aircraft and I'm very thankful it did. I think it's great!

- Aaron

I'm having some issues with the gyros. They tend precess pretty badly and the AP in HDG mode usually errs 10 degrees from the bug.

When you initiate a manual or automated turn, the gyro will instantly turn about 30 degrees initially. It's very difficult to perform a normal coordinated turn that way. I wonder if I'm the only one experiencing this.

P3D4 with the FSX model.

Santiago de Larminat

11 hours ago, Guevorkyan said:

I'm having some issues with the gyros. They tend precess pretty badly and the AP in HDG mode usually errs 10 degrees from the bug.

When you initiate a manual or automated turn, the gyro will instantly turn about 30 degrees initially. It's very difficult to perform a normal coordinated turn that way. I wonder if I'm the only one experiencing this.

P3D4 with the FSX model.

Just to verify the gauge or gauges with the problem?

Do you see this in a default P3D aircraft?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW