Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Alfred Hitchcock's 'The Birds'....

Hi Folks,

I must have been less than 10 when I first saw that movie and it scared the bejesus out of me... Nice screenshot !

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Nice screenshot !

What effect are you using to get all the birds in your scenery ?

Regards,

Francois

Francois Mavel

Please tell us which AI-birds traffic program are you using: WoAIBirds?, MyBirds v.6?, UltimateBirds v2? Are you using SuperTrafficBirdBoard too?

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

Please tell us which AI-birds traffic program are you using: WoAIBirds?, MyBirds v.6?, UltimateBirds v2? Are you using SuperTrafficBirdBoard too?

Cheers, Ed

"Nope, none of those, the program is called; SoonScullyOnTheHudson v1.0" :biggrin:

2 hours ago, altack said:

Nice screenshot !

What effect are you using to get all the birds in your scenery ?

Regards,

Francois

XP11 All elements and effects sliders at Max.

The bird flock is part of XP11, and just after this screen grab was snapped, the entire flock took off, north-east bound....was amazing animation!

3 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

I must have been less than 10 when I first saw that movie and it scared the bejesus out of me... Nice screenshot !

Regards,
Scott

Same here...about 10 or 11,  the shot of the teacher, looking out at all the Ravens, sitting on the school yard play equipment...and knowing she and the children will have to make a run for it....one of the best non-gore horror films ever made.

19 hours ago, altack said:

Great, I'm looking forward for same effects within FSX/P3D

You do know, that I was just kidding about that program name, right? ;)

The birds (a stock animation feature of XP11) cause havoc on approach, or upon rotation, if you are not situationally aware in both operations.  It is VERY realistic...the bird strikes, (and you will have some!) will cripple or crash your ride....

There have been times aplenty, where I was forced to crank 50/60 degrees wing down, to avoid the flock as they flew across the end of the runway upon rotation.

20 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

"Nope, none of those, the program is called; SoonScullyOnTheHudson v1.0" :biggrin:

Bad joke man, bad joke.

For those who don't care to have this sort of distraction present, there is a Lua script that allows users to tweak their settings in an advanced fashion, meaning that you can turn the birds off and on, if you so desire.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

1 hour ago, Jimm said:

Bad joke man, bad joke.

For those who don't care to have this sort of distraction present, there is a Lua script that allows users to tweak their settings in an advanced fashion, meaning that you can turn the birds off and on, if you so desire.

I don't think so. Gallows Humor in play.  Then of course, a person has to know what Gallows Humor is....;)  What the term means....

I like the birds...a great challenge and feature. FSX/P3D should have this.

• Upvote 1