Sign in to follow this  
alex98

747-200/300 visual

Dear PMDG team,

I remember that the original QOTS had a nice little feature that allowed the simmer to remove the winglets to "offer" a 747-200/300 visuals.

Was it considered during the QOTSII developement process? If yes, was there at that time any reason to choose not to include this option? I think that would be sweet... ITOH, if there was a reason not to, it could mean that a true 747-200/300 simulation is not ruled out in the future...:ph34r::biggrin:

Thanks for any insight,

Cheers

Alex

PS: Did not find anything using the search function...

Edited by alex98

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 hours ago, alex98 said:

Was it considered during the QOTSII developement process?

No.

2 hours ago, alex98 said:

If yes, was there at that time any reason to choose not to include this option?

Because it's a 747-400, and not a 200/300.

4 hours ago, alex98 said:

I remember that the original QOTS had a nice little feature that allowed the simmer to remove the winglets to "offer" a 747-200/300 visuals.

While it's true that the 747-300 and 747-200 with Streched Upper Deck mod were visually similar to the 747-400 minus winglets, the option on the old QoS was not to offer "747-200/300 visuals", it was to offer 747-400D (Domestic, for Japanese market) visuals.

This option is not offered on QoTSII because 747-400D is offered as a separate model. Complete with no winglets.

Also consider the fact that the Boeing 747-200 has a shorter upper deck compared to the Boeing 747-300 or the Boeing 747-400.