Sign in to follow this  
bosflo

big problem but can't show it.

So I have a big problem that has not gone away no matter what I try.

I have major stutters which is ruining my experience. These are stutters that seem to "shake" the whole screen, that's how bad they are. It doesn't happen all the time and not always in the same place. I have tried moving all my sliders to the left, uninstalled my ai, uninstalled active sky, orbx, envtek, and various add on airports and I still get the stutters. I'm actually not sure as I can classify them as stutters because they are much much more than that.

I would love to find a way to record a video of it to post here but I am not sure if that is possible or if I can do it. There is a way to record in the game, but it saves it as a strange file extension that I can't do anything with.

My old version of P3D was v2 and everything worked really well, it's now that I have switched to v3 that this problem started.

would appreciate any help at all, thanks.

Tell us more about your system. If you run a video benchmark like furmark, does it "stutter" or is it confined to P3D. have you tried renaming the dll.xml and p3d.cfg file and letting p3d build new ones? Not enough info.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

ok, don't get mad but i have zero computer knowledge so I don't know what most of that means. I have deleted the cfg file to rebuild a new one but it didnt do anything. The computer is an asus laptop 16GB ram, nvidia Geforce GTX 770M Intel core I7 cpu 2.4 ghz if that is any kind of help.

Nvidia has own recording tool inside of Geforce Experience, called ShadowPlay. if I am not mistaken, you can set it up so, that you can press a key.AFTER something happened, and it will save the file.

The card is basically permanently recording if I understand it well, and you can I think set the amount of time that will be recorded backwards.

i suggest you look into that.

1 hour ago, bosflo said:

I would love to find a way to record a video of it to post here but I am not sure if that is possible or if I can do it

Do you have a smartphone, or a camera that records video? Sometimes simple is better.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I recorded a short video on the phone but I don't know how to insert it to this post. Like I said I am not computer savy and only use the forums to read and post things.

23 minutes ago, bosflo said:

I recorded a short video on the phone but I don't know how to insert it to this post. Like I said I am not computer savy and only use the forums to read and post things.

It's a bit of a palaver, but make a YouTube channel, upload it and then post the link here.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

That's even more complicated. How come I am not able to attach a video? Thanks anyway.

20 minutes ago, bosflo said:

That's even more complicated. How come I am not able to attach a video? Thanks anyway.

Videos are generally extremely large files and web sites won't let you attach big files because it costs them space. Videos hosted on internet sites are also generally streamed, which is to say they play while downloading, which is different to other types of files (pictures, documents), again because of the size limitation. I would guess streaming video is not a feature offered by basic forum software such as this one uses.

So yes, it's 'complicated' in the sense that you have to do a few more steps.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

You can make video public, unlisted or private. Make it unlisted.

2 hours ago, bosflo said:

https://youtu.be/I4t9xen0Ano

alright lets try this and see if it works. I don't really know what I am doing. I really don't want to broadcast this to you tube, I just want you guys to view it.

You did it right, I see the problem. Sorry but I have not ideas about the cause.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Sounds like OP has "shaky" EZDOC or ChasePlane settings.  The best way to investigate this "crime" is to rename your P3D.cfg, both of your dll.xml's (one in the same folder as P3D.cfg and one in same folder as Scenery.cfg), and rename your scenery.cfg.  Does it still stutter?

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I don't own those two products. I have deleted the config file but it didn't do anything.

Upload a copy of your dll.xml file and your prepar3d.cfg file - perhaps there's a clue in there.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors