Sign in to follow this  
flyforever

Need help with no AA in full screen mode

Until I changed drivers, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, FSX was running great with Inspector in full windows mode. No jaggies.

Now, no matter what I do, and tweaks I make in inspector, I cannot get rid of those jaggies in full screen mode. In windowed mode( win 7) , the jaggies disappear.

Clearly, I broke something in the graphics area and can't think of anything else.

Google searches have provided few clues, but the result is the same.

Does anyone have a magic bullet?  I tried running with and without nvidia inspector.  As a fairly experienced simmer and pc tinkerer, I think I've tried everything in the book.

Things I have not done:

1. delete fsx.cfg

2. reinstall fsx

3. give up simming on a nice, sunny day

thanks

tony

Did you set your FSX resolution to match your Windows display resolution?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yes, I checked both display res and fsx res, and they are the same. What goes through my mind is the "global display settings" in Windows interfering with fsx requirements. I reset them, so they should not be an issue.

tony

If you setup your settings in the NI, then that will change the display settings.  It's one or the other but not both.  The FSX Config Guide provides my settings and I have absolutely no jaggies on wing view for the PMDG 777 or 737.  I have found the settings are the best I have found.  There is no solution to the complete removal of jaggies in FSX unless you toggle FXAA in the NI settings to on.  That will eliminate the jaggies but your textures will appear a bit blurry.  It is the best you can do though.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

When you re-install you sometimes have to re-link the fsx.exe to the NI profile.  Willing to bet that may be the issue here.

Ilya

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

What I discovered was a nvidia generic profile listed under Microsoft flight simulator 10. I removed it, and created a brand new one. That did the trick.

thanks for the help.

tony

1 hour ago, flyforever said:

What I discovered was a nvidia generic profile listed under Microsoft flight simulator 10. I removed it, and created a brand new one. That did the trick.

thanks for the help.

tony

and that is why I don't use the latest NI.

strange, but I started a long flight with no jaggies, and in the middle of the flight , I noticed them again.

tony

21 hours ago, Capt Speirs said:

and that is why I don't use the latest NI.

Just make sure that you export the "Microsoft Flight Simulator 10" profile when you've got it set the way you want it. Any problems and you can just re-import it.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

On 4/11/2017 at 9:32 AM, vortex681 said:

Just make sure that you export the "Microsoft Flight Simulator 10" profile when you've got it set the way you want it. Any problems and you can just re-import it.

thanks for the heads up. I would have to export  quite a few profiles since it does effect other games I have also.