Recommended Posts

Where can I find documentation on the new interfaces with GSX for fueling, particularly in relation to the Aerosoft Airbus X family? 

I have seen on videos that one can request fuel from the ramp agent and the FO then advises the amount and GSX then handles the 'real time' fueling. However I'm not sure what the process is. 

Does one still have to initially use the AS Airbus Fuel Planner first? 

Does one still initiate Fueling start using the RSKey on the FO's MCDU? 

If some familiar with the AS Airbus X, MCE and GSX could advise the best sequence / procedure to adopt it would be much appreciated, or point me to where I can find the appropriate documentation. 

Many thanks, 

Stuart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

42 minutes ago, STUART_H said:

Where can I find documentation on the new interfaces with GSX for fueling, particularly in relation to the Aerosoft Airbus X family? 

I have seen on videos that one can request fuel from the ramp agent and the FO then advises the amount and GSX then handles the 'real time' fueling. However I'm not sure what the process is. 

Does one still have to initially use the AS Airbus Fuel Planner first? 

Does one still initiate Fueling start using the RSKey on the FO's MCDU? 

If some familiar with the AS Airbus X, MCE and GSX could advise the best sequence / procedure to adopt it would be much appreciated, or point me to where I can find the appropriate documentation. 

Many thanks, 

Stuart

Hi Stuart, I havn't re fuelled the Bus since 17th January. Watch the first 4 minutes of this video. Should still be the same?

 

Regards

David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks David that's great, I knew I'd seen that video somewhere, might have guessed it was one of yours. 😀

Just one question, I noticed that you asked for required fuel in "tons". I normally use kilograms. Can one request say 9.4 kilos or does GSX only understand tonnes or % of tank? 

Thanks again for your prompt response, as usual always on the case! 😀

Stuart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STUART_H said:

9.4 kilos or does GSX only understand tonnes or % of tank? 

9.4 kilos won't even get you through the push.:tongue:

Here is where things stand now.

As soon as the fuel truck arrives, MCE mechanic will prompt you for the fuel figure.

You can give it in tons, pounds or percentage.

Mechanic will speak the figure you've given him.

If FO sees it as an incorrect figure, he'll ask you to consider, and expect mechanic to request it again.

Once the mechanic prompts to make sure he's got the correct figure, it's important you confirm with "yes", "affirmative" or whatever other verbiage.

If you don't confirm, nothing happens.

Once agreed, and depending on aircraft, MCE will automatically do what is required to get the aircraft refueled, including converting tons to pounds, and handling CDU refueling process.

Currently refueling via CDU is only possible with PMDG 737, 777, 747 QOTS II, as well as FsLabs A320 and Aerosoft Airbus A3X series. For other aircraft consider giving it as a percentage so GSX can dial the correct amount in.

Will try to extend the feature to other aircraft, but this isn't a priority right now. Would rather do it on request. There is nothing worse than spending time on a feature that people aren't even aware is there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, FS++ said:

9.4 kilos won't even get you through the push.:tongue:

Here is where things stand now.

As soon as the fuel truck arrives, MCE mechanic will prompt you for the fuel figure.

You can give it in tons, pounds or percentage.

Mechanic will speak the figure you've given him.

If FO sees it as an incorrect figure, he'll ask you to consider, and expect mechanic to request it again.

Once the mechanic prompts to make sure he's got the correct figure, it's important you confirm with "yes", "affirmative" or whatever other verbiage.

If you don't confirm, nothing happens.

Once agreed, and depending on aircraft, MCE will automatically do what is required to get the aircraft refueled, including converting tons to pounds, and handling CDU refueling process.

Currently refueling via CDU is only possible with PMDG 737, 777, 747 QOTS II, as well as FsLabs A320 and Aerosoft Airbus A3X series. For other aircraft consider giving it as a percentage so GSX can dial the correct amount in.

Will try to extend the feature to other aircraft, but this isn't a priority right now. Would rather do it on request. There is nothing worse than spending time on a feature that people aren't even aware is there.

 

Spot on!

There is a new super fuel tanker for the Bus and the NGX. Refueller chap actually connects the line to the refuel point under the wing and the tanker has a digital read out of the juice going in...Very nice!!:biggrin:

I just tested it in the A2A Connie and percentage works there! Only problem is, the super fuel tanker is replaced with a naff looking "blacked out truck", that looks like a graphics glitch! Is there a way to have the Bus/NGX tanker in use for other aircraft? Or is that a Couatl issue?

 

Best regards

David

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FSS++, 

I stated 9400 kg as 9.4 kg which I believe is what one would actually key into the Airbus MCDU FUEL page as Block Fuel. 

9400 kg = 20723 LBS or 10.36 tonnes

So, since my Simbrief and Airbus is set to use KG, what actual volume should I request in KG, or must I convert it each time or of course change Simbrief to show lbs? 

Also, should I deduct fuel already onboard from previous flight (if saved) or simply request total figure? 

Thanks again, 

Stuart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STUART_H said:

FSS++, 

I stated 9400 kg as 9.4 kg which I believe is what one would actually key into the Airbus MCDU FUEL page as Block Fuel. 

9400 kg = 20723 LBS or 10.36 tonnes

So, since my Simbrief and Airbus is set to use KG, what actual volume should I request in KG, or must I convert it each time or of course change Simbrief to show lbs? 

Also, should I deduct fuel already onboard from previous flight (if saved) or simply request total figure? 

Thanks again, 

Stuart

No need to deduct anything.

If Simbrief states you'd need say 8456 Kgs for the trip, when Mechanic prompts for fuel, just say "8 decimal 4 tons" or "8 point 5 tons"

Mechanic prompts "confirm 8 decimal 5 tons of fuel". You say "Yes" and that value is automatically entered into CDU with realistic refueling key pressed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Gerald, gotcha. 

Afraid my grey cells aren't what they used to be. Also when I looked up kg to tons (uk) it wasn't a 1:1 conversion, hence my confusion.! 😵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just looking at this, there are two tonnes, imperial and metric. Metric looks like a 1:1 ratio. 

8.4 metric tonnes = 8400kg

i didn't work out the imperial tonnes.

 

rob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Aerosoft Airbus definitely uses metric tons in its RMCDU.

1 ton = 1000 kg.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:54 PM, STUART_H said:

Where can I find documentation on the new interfaces with GSX for fueling, particularly in relation to the Aerosoft Airbus X family? 

I have seen on videos that one can request fuel from the ramp agent and the FO then advises the amount and GSX then handles the 'real time' fueling. However I'm not sure what the process is. 

Does one still have to initially use the AS Airbus Fuel Planner first? 

Does one still initiate Fueling start using the RSKey on the FO's MCDU? 

If some familiar with the AS Airbus X, MCE and GSX could advise the best sequence / procedure to adopt it would be much appreciated, or point me to where I can find the appropriate documentation. 

Many thanks, 

Stuart

Here is a current one. This uses the latest GSX models which are super!

Happy Easter!

David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David, 

Had this large tanker at Gatwick this afternoon. I guess GSX doesn't have any dispensers. Tankers are rarely used on Gatwick stands as they have a full hydrant system. Still can't have everything! 

Did you need to press the key adjacent "Fuel" on the CP MCDU.?  I requested fueling. The fuel truck arrived and connected, but was not asked for fuel quantity. I had entered Block Fuel into the MCDU, beforehand, but had to press the Fuel key to get fuel flowing.  Guess I haven't quite got the sequence right yet! 

Thanks for the video, 

Have a happy Easter too, 

Cheers,

Stuart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, STUART_H said:

David, 

Had this large tanker at Gatwick this afternoon. I guess GSX doesn't have any dispensers. Tankers are rarely used on Gatwick stands as they have a full hydrant system. Still can't have everything! 

Did you need to press the key adjacent "Fuel" on the CP MCDU.?  I requested fueling. The fuel truck arrived and connected, but was not asked for fuel quantity. I had entered Block Fuel into the MCDU, beforehand, but had to press the Fuel key to get fuel flowing.  Guess I haven't quite got the sequence right yet! 

Thanks for the video, 

Have a happy Easter too, 

Cheers,

Stuart

Make sure you don't disable the GSX green bar information.

MCE relies on it as feedback regarding what's going on.

And make sure you've established contact with Mechanic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, 

I'll give it a try next time. As far as I recall, I didn't disable the GSX green bar, but requested fueling through the GSX ctrl-12 menu rather than through the MCE mechanic. 

Stuart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, STUART_H said:

David, 

Had this large tanker at Gatwick this afternoon. I guess GSX doesn't have any dispensers. Tankers are rarely used on Gatwick stands as they have a full hydrant system. Still can't have everything! 

Did you need to press the key adjacent "Fuel" on the CP MCDU.?  I requested fueling. The fuel truck arrived and connected, but was not asked for fuel quantity. I had entered Block Fuel into the MCDU, beforehand, but had to press the Fuel key to get fuel flowing.  Guess I haven't quite got the sequence right yet! 

Thanks for the video, 

Have a happy Easter too, 

Cheers,

Stuart

Hello Stuart. 

No input required into the Bus MCDU. I don't enter anything.

Sequence is exactly as per video.

Upon first load of sim/MCE/GSX.....Open MCDU but don't enter anything and don't use the Aerosoft load manager either.

From MCE either in a flow "Request refueling"=((MCE flow) Simon request refueling.)

Or verbally," Simon request refueling".

Everything is then automatic! As per the three examples in the movie.

I recommend downloading the  latest MCE and GSX plus the download manger. They added new vehicles and fixed bugs in Couatle. 

The Bus does it perfectly as per requested quantity, right down to decimal tonnes or pounds. The NGX I am not certain about. Appears to load the default 1/3,2/3,4/4 load? Also the tanker doesn't display the digital quantity correctly. 

The A2A Connie obviously hasn't got a specific animation code to load the wing tanks, that would be nice....but can't have everything😁

Best regards

David

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now