Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

Anyone Got PIC 737?

Guest Peter Sidoli

Am interested in this one but only if its really good? and not a frame rate killer.Any thoughts much appreciated :-)Peter

It is really good. They just released a new service pack, which has fixed most of the issues. I can only recommend it. If you're looking for a quality add-on, you cannot go wrong with anything from FeelThere.Pat

Guest Peter Sidoli

Pat Would you put it at the same level as the Level D 767 or PMDG offerings or close to those?I would also like to know whether the aircraft is frame rate friendly?ThanksPeter

As far as I am concerned it is definitely on the level of a PMDG and LevelD and I get the exact framerates as with the PMDG 737 series. Sure, the were some bugs in the inital release, but they all seemed to have been fixed with the latest service pack. I flew the PIC737 yesterday and had a blast.Pat

Guest mikealpha

I have approx. 10% more fps than in the Level D 767, but that stands only for the 2D panel. I don't use VCs.Autopilot does a very good job, logic is correct and it's quite smooth. Also it deals well with real weather (ASV + FSUIPC smoothing options). 2D panel comes with no sideviews, so I even had to temporarily install the old DF737 to copy their sideviews. Bit annoying tendency more and more developers forget sideviews.Mike

I would not put this release anywhere on par with LDS or PMDG, maybe not even PSS.Frame wise they have improved it from the initial release. Raw frame rates are better than the LDS for me in 2d, a little lower in the VC. To me, the 737 is just not as smooth, however. (I am running an FX-57 with a GTX7800)My other dislikes (may not matter to you):- Cockpit night lighting is a step or two behind contemporary releases - either off or flood lights only (but the the overhead is not flood lit -?).- Quality of VC textures is a generation behind in a lot of areas. The overhead for instance is not 3d at all, numerous cockpit textures are crude and blurry.-Systems are hit or miss. Yes the IRS and align times are modeled, but items such as marker lights, mrks hi/low, fuel qty test are not modeled. There are others that are quite well done.-Navigation data situation is poor in my opinion. Most modern day products are pretty wide in scope and can be found with NavData support - not readily the case here. I like to fly in Brazil, for instance, and procedures are woefully in adequate.-No load editor - again most every other major sim release has had one - LDS, PSS, ATR, Super-80, PMDG, etc.- WILCO has horrendously poor download speeds - it can take hours to download the package even with a broadband connection.Now, all that being said, I am flying it. If the night lighting weren't so behind the time I could easily ignore the rest. But I still feel it is not a "top level" release at all.Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

I think you need to decide on which 737 variant series you want. The PIC are the pre-NG series with minimal glass panels and the PMDG are the current Boeing NG production models.The 200 - 500s are flying with low cost regionals (and a few majors scheduled for retirement) as repurchased used or wet lease but the NG 600 - 900s are being acquired now as replacements for these in some fleets.Take a look at the cockpit screenies and look at the differences.In my case I bought the Aerosoft CD packaged PMDG 600/700 and 800/900, which updated 600/700 cockpit plus a small CD edition service pack from Aerosoft's site. I like them very much.

Guest JIMJAM

Yeah Im not impressed at all. After only a few days it is slowly finding its way to the back of my hanger.Dont get me wrong, its not BAD. But its not great either. Its just, aahh, OK. There is just not enough there visually or otherwise that makes it standout or make me want to fly it. If I didnt pay so much for it I probably wouldnt be.

Can anyone comment on the smoothness of the gauges in the VC? (I am not talking about FPS).. I know that there is a setup tool that controls gauge fluidity, but after all is set, do you have smooth gauges (like LevelD, PMDG744 or PSS777?)Thank you in advanceJohn

as you can see by the replies, there are only little problems that bother some people more than others.Personally Ive enjoyed it since day one even with the small problems.I wouldn't say its a 100% realistic representation, but it is close to PMDG, LevelD quality

I've been enjoying it, It's quite decents and I would also like to mention, the PMDG VC lost most of it's 3d with the 800/900 upgrade and the optional upgrade to give the 600/700 a clickable VC.I've flown about 15 flights with the 300 so far with the flight releases I've gotten from MidCon and have enjoyed it immensly, MidCon's fuel planning and everything have worked right on target with it. I'd highly recommend it if you're looking for a classic 737. I will admit that my main factor in purchasing this though was to have a payware 737-300 and 400 with highly functional FMC since those two models are about all I get assigned with MidCon.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

I have flown 2 flights so far. It is nice. I like most wanted a classic 737. The DF 737 is still the best classic I have seen but this is nice and I am enjoying it. Frames have been good also.

Guest migi1984

Well I downloaded it at the weekend and have done a couple of flights on it. All in all its very good. For me it definitely loads up faster than the PMDG and it is a very well made aircraft. I think I remember being more impressed with the PMDG when I bought it though.. but it's probably the fact that the -400 is a step down technologically..If you like the 737, then definitely worth the money.Oh and it handles beautifully both in the air, and on the ground.CheersMig

Hi,I've got it too. After the patches it is doing OK but on my PC it's a frame rate eater (not killer). I reckon it has about the same frates as PMDG 737NG has.I like it but it's not up to par (yet) with LevelD 767.System:AMD 3500+ATI X850XT2GB RAM

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

>Can anyone comment on the smoothness of the gauges in the VC?>(I am not talking about FPS).. I know that there is a setup>tool that controls gauge fluidity, but after all is set, do>you have smooth gauges (like LevelD, PMDG744 or PSS777?)>Thank you in advance>JohnThe VC gauges are not smooth on my system, but neither is the LevelD VC. They are about the same and not acceptable to me for hand flying the aircraft. I'm a stickler for smooth gauges and use X-plane or PS1 as my yardstick.The best VC for me (by far in FS9) is PMDG's b747-400 but still well below x-plane or PS1. I'll tinker with gauge settings and see if they improve in the VC. A few other pluses not mentioned include:a. Weather radar for "atmosphere"b. They have managed to couple the MCP autopilot functions to FS9 defaults. That means I can use my Go-Flight Modules to adjust HDG, CRS, ALT etc. Nice! That should also mean Radar Contact should be able to fly the plane. Haven't tried it yet.c. I like the cockpit view relative to the horizon. I get a very comfortable view when landing in 2d.I like the plane and would recommend it. It is an excellent pre-NG 737. Not on a level with LevelD and PMDG (no malfunctions, CDU not as complete, flight model not as stable etc). There are a few bugs in the CDU logic but well represented and a bit unpredictable when you hit it with non standard procedures. Frame rates are equal to LevelD 2d views. And finally, I don't care about the external model or bitmap textures. Hope this helps. Bob...