Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Belgium 2012 free photoscenery

Just south of Luxembourg city I also saw a line of default scenery through the photo scenery.

The reason why I didn't got the whole of Belgium covered with autogen, is that the data I could fetch from shapefiles did not cover all of the forests.

A nice add-on for your tutorial would be a list with sample picture of the guid that are usable :)

The guid I used now was one I found from an other config file ;)

Ah, I haven't check how well the OpenStreetMap data is for Belgium. For Luxembourg it seemed quite good coverage. Let me check the Belgian data as well.

Finding those GUIDs in the XML files of the SDK can indeed be hard. Might be a good idea to have a list of possible values (or even better with a picture showing what you will get). Let me see what can be done for that.

• Upvote 1

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi all,

I discovered the wonderful work done on Belgium in 2012. And thanks to the creators for that!

I downloaded the 13 files and 7zip. However, I also have the problem to unzip files.

sans-titre-36c5c39.jpg

I run the application 7ZFM, and then I request to extract the files. But I get an error message "Unspecified error", as in the photo.

erreur-7zip-36c5c0d.jpg

I tried with other applications, but nothing helps.

If you have a suggestion, I'm interested.

Thank you in advance.

Can you download the first archive (01) again? Sometimes, when downloading, the archives get corrupted. Another solution could be to use a different extract command. If you open 7Zip and then navigate to the folder with the downloaded files and then click 'extract', does it work?

Just south of Luxembourg city I also saw a line of default scenery through the photo scenery.

Thanks for the feedback, Arno.

Hi, thanks for your answer,

i'm downloading again the files 001. I will try tomorrow with it.

When I try to extract the files n°1, I do it with these parameters. Do you think it's correct. But I have the same message of error than before.

extract-36c6b18.jpg

I will see tomorrow with the new files n°1.

Yes, the dialogue looks ok to me. Lets hope the new download helps. Otherwise I'm running out of ideas. :Worried:

No, it doesn't work... I also tried with Winzip and IZarc... Without succes...

I will continue to search on the net... Perhaps is there an other application to do that. Is there an other place to download these scenery?

Is it possible that 7zip doesn't work correctly with windows 7 x86?

Is it possible that 7zip doesn't work correctly with windows 7 x86?

I'm not sure, but we would read a lot of complains if that was the case. But some posts back, guys reported trouble with the different versions, 64 and 32 bits. But they could clear them.

Yucks, I may need some days, but I think about uploading the scenery again and not using 7Zip. I'm a happy 7Zip user, but reading about trouble and then causing people to have downloaded all the data for nothing isn't nice.

Is Winrar ok for you?

No problem. Would be a shame to miss this scenery. :smile: Say, did you download via Sendspace or Mediafire? You spoke about 13 parts, so that's Sendspace. That was slow, right?

I'm asking because I was wondering which filehoster to pick. Mediafire should be faster. What do you think?

In case you are wondering what I'm talking about, read this post. http://forum.avsim.n...75#entry2420761

Thanks to Kevin, we also have a torrent upload. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/373789-belgium-2012-free-photoscenery/page__st__100#entry2424934

First of all "THANK YOU" for having upload this package and for sharing it with the rest of the (Belgian) world :-)

I have also had a lot of problems with the 7-zip archives.

After a long 'download' process I only got errors with the 64bit version.

With the 32bit version it was able to 'join' and 'list' the archive, but gave errors at extracting time.

In short: Do verify the "size" of all archive files.

In my case the "last" one was only about 82MB, and "this" caused the unpacking errors.

The correct sizes (in bytes) are:

314.572.800 Belgium 2012.7z.001

314.572.800 Belgium 2012.7z.002

314.572.800 Belgium 2012.7z.003

314.572.800 Belgium 2012.7z.004

314.572.800 Belgium 2012.7z.005

314.572.800 Belgium 2012.7z.006

314.572.800 Belgium 2012.7z.007

314.572.800 Belgium 2012.7z.008

314.572.800 Belgium 2012.7z.009

314.572.800 Belgium 2012.7z.010

314.572.800 Belgium 2012.7z.011

314.572.800 Belgium 2012.7z.012

207.984.620 Belgium 2012.7z.013

Now, to install this great scenery...

Thanks for your input, gus58. So you suggest to check all downloaded files for their sizes again in the case of Yucks? Incomplete download?

If anyone cares, we have some 150 downloads on the two filehosters. I didn't look for the torrent numbers, but me says the scenery has received some fans. :smile:

Not wanting to disturb the autogen topic. In fact, I'm happy that it's alive.

But I have a free patch of default scenery shining through at these coordinates. Is that a thing on my end or do you folks see it too?

You are not alone with this issue...

Saw any other patches of that kind, Al? Arno mentioned one too, perhaps we can form up a sort of list with the coordinates.

Good idea.

Make a list with coordinates and I will fix them.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0