Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Is DTG FS World "restricted" to GA ?

Just this :)

Well, also another question, since it has been mentioned by others at the forum... Is the GTX970 the minimum spec graphics board or the recommended for  "full right sliders" settings ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The game may only come with GA aircraft, but I'm sure the 3rd party devs will be free to create whatever plane/helicopter/ostrich they desire. Also, wouldn't it be cool if it supported rocket engines? Atmospheric density is already simulated, so rocket engines are the only thing preventing it from being a full-fledged Space Shuttle Simulator.

As for your second question, I sure hope the 970 is for full right sliders!

50 minutes ago, fsxkitty said:

The game may only come with GA aircraft, but I'm sure the 3rd party devs will be free to create whatever plane/helicopter/ostrich they desire. 

What you said :happy:

As long as they meet the requirements for being in the store, etc. 

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

Just now, DTG_Aimee said:

What you said :happy:

As long as they meet the requirements for being in the store, etc. 

Does this mean that developers won't be able to sell their addons through their own stores?

Just now, fsxkitty said:

Does this mean that developers won't be able to sell their addons through their own stores?

They can sell their add-ons anywhere they like, as long as they are made available on our store as well. 

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

2 minutes ago, DTG_Aimee said:

They can sell their add-ons anywhere they like, as long as they are made available on our store as well. 

Does that also apply to freeware?

14 minutes ago, DTG_Aimee said:

Which means no freeware allowed?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

If the EULA will be similar to Flight School, then no, there will be freeware (User-Generated Content) that will be allowed to be created for FSW.  Certain rules will apply.

\Robert Hamlich/

7 minutes ago, pmb said:

Which means no freeware allowed?

Freeware is allowed. That is why we included a Pro Mission Editor. We are helping that process along by working Steam workshop functionality into FSW at a later date. 

• Upvote 1

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

6 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

If the EULA will be similar to Flight School, then no, there will be freeware (User-Generated Content) that will be allowed to be created for FSW.  Certain rules will apply.

Flight School was designed to be a standalone sim without any add-ons from 3PPs or from us. The EULA was written to reflect that. FSW is a different story. 

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

46 minutes ago, DTG_Aimee said:

This can be a big problem for some developers i suppose...

7 minutes ago, Marco Van Dam said:

This can be a big problem for some developers i suppose...

This is what is already happening with FSX Steam, Train Simulator and DCS.

I dislike very much the idea of going thru Steam. There are a lot of places on earth on which internet speed is not as good to make the experience the way it should be.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Just now, edpatino said:

I dislike very much the idea of going thru Steam. There are a lot of places on earth on which internet speed is not as good to make the experience the way it should be.

Cheers, Ed

Internet speed doesn't matter. You just download the game once and that's it. I once took 3 weeks to download a game, but i didn't mind.

56 minutes ago, DTG_Aimee said:

Freeware is allowed. That is why we included a Pro Mission Editor. We are helping that process along by working Steam workshop functionality into FSW at a later date. 

Thanks Aimee, this should be an important point.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11