Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Is DTG FS World "restricted" to GA ?

On 5/14/2017 at 1:50 AM, barrel_owl said:

Neither funny nor unexpected. Complex aircraft can't be part of the stock hangar in an early simulator with an announced very low consumer price. Liners, turbotrops and all kinds of complex aircraft may only be provided by third parties, if any.

We know about PMDG because they made a public statement here explaining their concerns. May I ask you who are the other "3rd party devs who make such said jetliners"?
Any news or indication from FSLabs, Aerosoft, Majestic and others? Just asking.

I would also like to know who else, besides PMDG, have made such a public statement?  

In any case, it's not a big deal, make it available on the Steam Store, with the required markup to cover the respective costs, and on your store without said markups.  Obviously you will sell more through your own store then, than on Steam.  I have no connection to DTG, but I haven't read anywhere that you can't do this as a dev

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SirBismuth said:

I would also like to know who else, besides PMDG, have made such a public statement?  

I would also be interested. Because that is the only company that has said so. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I am at least counting on Aerosoft to join the DTG FSW developers community, an I have had a few really good add-ons from them, GA, and tubeliners.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

11 hours ago, SirBismuth said:

Although they didn't do it via the same route, Milviz seemed to have similar concerns in the thread about the new Flight Sim, they were replied to via Aimee, they also indicated that they were under a strict NDA.  I would imagine that many companies are bound by the same NDA and are probably unable to make there concerns known, at least in a public forum.

Ian R Tyldesley

What he said (see above)

• Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

15 hours ago, WotanUK said:

Although they didn't do it via the same route, Milviz seemed to have similar concerns in the thread about the new Flight Sim, they were replied to via Aimee, they also indicated that they were under a strict NDA.  I would imagine that many companies are bound by the same NDA and are probably unable to make there concerns known, at least in a public forum.

Ok, no problem, that does make sense then.

I am really hoping they get jets soon.  GA stuff is fine and I understand why people like them.  But I really want no BS jets (private and commercial).  I need to go Mach .8!

I will still buy FSW as support for the community is vital and I hope others follow suit. Been waiting for this... Let's hope it meets expectations!

I'd like to see jets as well but keep in mind they have a long way to go ...  this is early access and the functionality for first release is not even finished. They need to get weather support finished, shake out lots of bugs, tune performance and so on. They have to get the SDK out there so people can start learning how this platform works and how to make addons. They need to make sure the core engine and its architecture is solid before piling on the features. Then there are so many enhancements to add such as improving terrain depiction, overhaul of ATC. We're all gonna need a lot of patience, there are so many lost years for this code base to catch up on.

Barry Friedman

48 minutes ago, fshobby said:

I'd like to see jets as well but keep in mind they have a long way to go ...  this is early access and the functionality for first release is not even finished. They need to get weather support finished, shake out lots of bugs, tune performance and so on. They have to get the SDK out there so people can start learning how this platform works and how to make addons. They need to make sure the core engine and its architecture is solid before piling on the features. Then there are so many enhancements to add such as improving terrain depiction, overhaul of ATC. We're all gonna need a lot of patience, there are so many lost years for this code base to catch up on.

Yea I understand that.  I'm planning on being patient.  I know is a WIP.  I'm just excited fly a Tubeliner in this game, but not expecting it this month or next.  Just trying to get a general idea on HOW patient I'm going to need to be

10 hours ago, blaird22 said:

Yea I understand that.  I'm planning on being patient.  I know is a WIP.  I'm just excited fly a Tubeliner in this game, but not expecting it this month or next.  Just trying to get a general idea on HOW patient I'm going to need to be

I only fly tubeliners in FSX, and would like to do the same in FSW.  However, don't mind waiting... but not too long.  Hopefully will be able to fly something of PMDG-quality, if they end up not developing for FSW.