The situation is that I have a Saitek switch Panel.  I have been using SPAD with it for several years without issue. Within the past month or so,  all of my aircraft have stopped responding to the BAT switch, although they work fine with the ALT switch.

Now, it might be simple enough to declare the BAT switch faulty, but if I use the Saitek FSX plug-ins, the BAT switch works perfectly.  SPAD does display the toggle action in the setup graphic, so it does recognize the presence of the switch.   It, or something, just refuses to process the toggle.

So, I'm left with the question of why,  despite having reinstalled SPAD, both versions 0.5.0 and 0.5.1 and doing a clean install of FSX.

I can live with the Saitek plugins, but I would miss the more powerful SPAD.  

Ernest Pergrem

I had some issues with Saitek devices caused by Windows advanced power management. Not sure if that would be the issue you are experiencing or not. There are several topics here on that matter if you search for them. There are a couple of simple patch programs that modify Windows registry settings for Saitek devices for Windows advanced power management. Despite some observations that the power management issues started with Windows 8 and continued in Windows 10, I clearly had that issue with my Saitek yoke and Saitek Multi Panel under Windows 7.  Applying the advanced power management fixes cured those issues.

Then, have you tried Spad:Next? It is a more robust version developed by a different source.  Provides a very significant increase in control. Could also be a conflict between a setting in Spad and a setting for the device in FSX or in FSUIPC.  I have had that problem in the past.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Interesting. I have the exact same problem! Also happened out of the blue about month ago. The BAT switch registers in SPAD, but does not activate the battery inside the sim.

I have circumvented the Windows power management situation by de-activating all power saving modes by means of the registry, but no solution.

Been thinking if it has got something to do with Creators Update on Windows 10? (Build 15063).

Doesn't SPAD use FSUIPC offsets? Has there been an FSUIPC update?

• Upvote 1

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

4 hours ago, MarkDH said:

Doesn't SPAD use FSUIPC offsets? Has there been an FSUIPC update?

BINGO!  Thank you, that never occurred to me.

I reverted to version 4.964 that was in a FSX folder backup I did some months back and the BAT switch works perfectly.

So, something did change in FSUIPC post 4.964.  I just can't say if that was in 4.965 or 4.966.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Could this power issue be similar to my problem? I have switch, multi- radio, and 6 FIPs; worked fine, wanted to add 3 more flight instruments, and an additional radio stack. Can't get them all to power up. Reboot and several will fire up, others not; reboot again and get different ones working. Using SPAD and have 850w power supply, and 4 Belkin powered hubs. I have posted on logitech website, but no answers there yet. Also running Win7 for FSX. Anyone have an idea?? Have FSUIPC but did not know that could work??