Sign in to follow this  
Alphafoxsierra

Flight Sim World is Now Live!

Hi everyone, 

Those of you who are having trouble with Flight Sim World, please use this bug reporting form we have created: https://docs.google.com/a/railsimdev.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeligzL88mbyU8oslvyNsexeuRuqNe2fBNNMY34G72rF6ITqA/viewform

To contact support, please visit dovetailgames.kayako.com. 

Thanks,

Aimee

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

well...Matt Davies ended his stream and for what I was able to see, those $25 are best invested in an add-on aircraft for FSX or X-Plane.

So sorry to see this, had really good expectations in FSW. Maybe after 10 patches it'll be flyable.

• Upvote 1

Enrique Vaamonde

59 minutes ago, FSWPilot said:

is their a meal and movie included on flight....or just a bag of peanuts:biggrin:

Sorry, I find it funny that it shows you edited the post due to "spelling mistake", and yet left "their"... :D might as well re-edit and add a grammar mistake :P

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, J van E said:

Some shadows...? There aren't any! Well, yes, the plane had shadows a few times but more often those shadows disappeared! Even FTX Global looks bad in this sim.

Yes, i mean some shadows inside the cockpit. That's all.
I will fill a refund request for FSW and wait for P3D V4.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Raven9000 said:

Sorry, I find it funny that it shows you edited the post due to "spelling mistake", and yet left "their"... :D might as well re-edit and add a grammar mistake :P

i couldn't correct it...won't let me......shhhhhhhhhh! don't tell my english teacher from 40yrs ago :)

Wow people!!, you mean this software that just came out a mere few hours ago and on early access is not perfect? Oh the horror...

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, FSWPilot said:

i couldn't correct it...won't let me......shhhhhhhhhh! don't tell my english teacher from 40yrs ago :)

Same here. I think this subforum had editing disabled. So think twice before you post something LOL :happy:

3 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

Wow people!!, you mean this software that just came out a mere few hours ago and on early access is not perfect? Oh the horror...

Even for early access this is absolutely shocking. But feel free to try it.

• Upvote 1

First impressions usually last, and I want to un-see what I've just seen on twitch :(

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matthijs said:

Even for early access this is absolutely shocking. But feel free to try it.

I will, as all flight school owners, I paid the ridiculously huge amount of $0 so I definitely want to get my money's worth...

Wow people are so quick to judge. People really love to hate. Nothing like encouraging DTG. No instead lets bash them within 4 min of flight. 

I flew around LSZH. Simple flight bumming around. It was very smooth, no stutters, and after a crash because i didnt map my joystick properly being programmed to P3D, I re ran it. Weather effects are not bad but I really miss live weather already. Yes the colors seem off but the scenery is not bad. Its FSX but enhanced. Really not expecting a whole lot more for being an alpha/Early access. They got lots to do. Like a lot. But it kinda bugs me that people dismiss it so quick. Matt Davies doesnt help. They just do what he does. Herd mentality. 

Will be a while before this is mainstream adopted, but its a start. Baby steps. Was anyone really expecting gigantic monumental leaps and bounds difference from FSX? lets be realistic. 

We got a 64 bit FSX enhanced sim folks. The foundation is set. The framing is in the works. Then we can put up some walls and windows as the features get built up and addons hopefully start to populate.  

• Upvote 8

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I tried this out just for fun, but I think I'll stick with FSX for now.

It does look better in overcast conditions actually...it's just the Airports are too white and bright.  I was getting aircraft shadows on the water when the sky was entirely overcast.

Not sure if this is my hardware but breaking is ineffective.

It does however appear to be a smooth sim, no stutters running at Max...the config file is in the usual place, LOD radius is currently set at 4.5.

This part is my personal opinion, i hate the new UI, it makes me think i am playing a game like Hawx

Ian R Tyldesley

After a few minutes I'm impressed with the new features, the dramatically improved interface, and beautiful Seneca.    There are some classic setup issues carried over from FSX - the sim starts on easy realism, moderate control sensitivity, and relatively high graphics settings.    Rudder pedal brakes had to be inverted and sensitivity for those all the way to the right to get decent braking.   The one traffic slider I believe controls aircraft and road vehicles - I turned off traffic to improve framerate and smoothness.  The FDE of the Seneca is good and may represent an improvement to core code - Accufeel effects are nicely integrated.    Some enhanced features are obviously in the works and not present here, but the core sim shows a lot of promise and I'm glad they did an early release so we can begin to give some constructive feedback

• Upvote 4

Mine has been loading the flight for a while now and I dont get into the sim environment

Cheers!

Maarten