Sign in to follow this  
windshearDK

APU turns on during take off roll

Dear all

When I am on my take off roll I hear a click and as I am climbing out and look around I see the APU has started by itself. Am I doing something wrong that makes it turn on or?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi,

Have you check in the CDU>MENU>PMDG SETUP>OPTIONS>KEY COMMAND>MISC whether you have a key assignement for APU START/STOP?

A possibility would be that if you have a double assigned key that you press for another function that also triggers the APU start?

There is no APU autostart installed on the 747 as far as I know.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

7 hours ago, windshearDK said:

Am I doing something wrong that makes it turn on or?

Yes. It won't turn on by itself, so something you're doing it is commanding it to. That, or you simply forgot to turn it off...

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Ok I will check again my settings for the buttons on my controls!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

I had asigned a button for both TO/GA and APU switch :blush:

• Upvote 1

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

1 minute ago, windshearDK said:

I had asigned a button for both TO/GA and APU switch :blush:

haha - oops.

Stuff happens. I was testing P3Dv4 the other day and assigned my PMDG commands in the FMC without first disabling/removing similar commands in the P3D menus (like CTRL SHIFT L, which I use for HDG BUG DECREASE for "Left"), so the aircraft labels were turning on and off the whole time - haha.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

:biggrin: sounds VERY familiar! On a "side-note" that Queen you (PMDG) made is so stunning I cannot stop flying it! Can't wait for P3D V4 either!!!:happy:

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

24 minutes ago, windshearDK said:

:biggrin: sounds VERY familiar! On a "side-note" that Queen you (PMDG) made is so stunning I cannot stop flying it! Can't wait for P3D V4 either!!!:happy:

Wait til you see what's around the corner... :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

19 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Wait til you see what's around the corner... :ph34r:

Kyle, you cannot stop teasing us, can you! :biggrin:

That suspense... you'd better watch your back when walking in the street, you may be abducted just to know what is coming! :biggrin:

P.S.: If you tragically happened to be abducted for real, don't consider ma as a suspect.:laugh:

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Just now, Budbud said:

Kyle, you cannot stop teasing us, can you! :biggrin:

Nope. I can't. This is the first big project I've worked on to this degree, and I can't tell you about it yet, so my only way of coping with it is to drop in random teasers. :tongue:

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Nope. I can't. This is the first big project I've worked on to this degree, and I can't tell you about it yet, so my only way of coping with it is to drop in random teasers. :tongue:

This has me really intrigued because I believe you've said no one has come close to guessing what it is, so I imagine it's something people haven't been actively demanding. But it's still something we're going to love. It has my brain in knots. But it's so fun to speculate...

Walter Meier

19 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

If you fly with Lufthansa one day, i would give you another extra cookie in exchange for more information :D

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, A32X tebs said:

If you fly with Lufthansa one day, i would give you another extra cookie in exchange for more information :D

haha - I flew DLH back in Jan on the 748 and the neo from IAD-FRA-MUC (specifically didn't fly the direct route to fly the 748 and neo). We'll see if I make it over again this year.

As much as I like cookies, I like my job more, though :tongue:

...all the same, it's nice running into you all at various events. Almost ran into serviceceiling on my last trip through.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

On 29/05/2017 at 7:07 PM, scandinavian13 said:

haha - I flew DLH back in Jan on the 748 and the neo from IAD-FRA-MUC (specifically didn't fly the direct route to fly the 748 and neo). We'll see if I make it over again this year.

As much as I like cookies, I like my job more, though :tongue:

...all the same, it's nice running into you all at various events. Almost ran into serviceceiling on my last trip through.

Thats good, you will find me on both the Neo and the 748 :)

• Upvote 1