Sign in to follow this  
bean_sprout

UT Live

I've been trying UTLive on P3D34 for a while and think that it is a viable and similar replacement of UTII.  Please don't cry if you install this and see frames in the 10's (any platform) at SFO.  Best fix is to hit Ctrl+Shift+- to cut the traffic by quite a bit 4 or 5 of those gets you back a substantial boost in FPS.  For this reason I would like a setting to limit the number of planes at any one time regardless of location.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

On 6/1/2017 at 10:50 PM, bean_sprout said:

I've been trying UTLive on P3D34 for a while and think that it is a viable and similar replacement of UTII.  Please don't cry if you install this and see frames in the 10's (any platform) at SFO.  Best fix is to hit Ctrl+Shift+- to cut the traffic by quite a bit 4 or 5 of those gets you back a substantial boost in FPS.  For this reason I would like a setting to limit the number of planes at any one time regardless of location.

Cheers

bs

FSUIPC can do this for you.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Or you can just use the FPS Traffic Limiter inside the application...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

That good - I still use MT6 but am considering moving to UT Live.  I didn't know about the traffic limiter in UT Live - thanks!

Rick Abshier

It has in UT2 - and I'm pretty sure that it's available in UT Live as well... Basically, it sets the lowest FPS for UT2/UT Live to add traffic. When you hit the specified framerate inside the sim, Ultimate Traffic stops adding traffic and/or removes traffic to maintain the FPS limit.

Hope that made sense...

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

That's a nice feature.  I'm using MT6 right now and am controlling the amount of traffic via FSUIPC.  I'm considering giving UT Live a try but the lack of cargo airlines (worked for FedEx for 28 years and can't imagine not seeing any FedEx planes at KMEM, KIND, etc). and no military A/C is a drawback.  I understand that they can be added on your own.  But, I do enough tweaking instead of flying as it is and don't want to do that with AI.

Rick Abshier

I actually never noticed the lack of cargo flights in UT2... but now that you mention it, I have never actually seen one. 

Anyway - it's quite easy to add aircrafts, liveries and flightplans to UT, using their PowerPack application.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

PowerPack - I'll take a look.  Thanks!

Rick Abshier

14 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

That's a nice feature.  I'm using MT6 right now and am controlling the amount of traffic via FSUIPC.  I'm considering giving UT Live a try but the lack of cargo airlines (worked for FedEx for 28 years and can't imagine not seeing any FedEx planes at KMEM, KIND, etc). and no military A/C is a drawback.  I understand that they can be added on your own.  But, I do enough tweaking instead of flying as it is and don't want to do that with AI.

My suggestion is to keep using MT6. It already has what you want and does work in P3Dv4. You seem well aware of the shortcomings of UTLive, so stay with the devil you already know. If UTLive eventually evolves into something useful it will still be there for sale.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I'll probably do just that.  I'm not a fan of staying with an "older" program that appears to not be actively updated any longer.  But, as you note, it is doing what I need it to do for now.

Rick Abshier

No cargo airlines?? Well that's just silly. UT Live is a payware product. I should not have to fiddle around with payware...I buy payware addons for less hassle not more.

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

59 minutes ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

No cargo airlines?? Well that's just silly. UT Live is a payware product. I should not have to fiddle around with payware...I buy payware addons for less hassle not more.

Right - that's pretty much my theory and one of the reasons that I came back to P3D after trying XP11 as it was a challenge to get decent traffic without a lot of work.  MT6 has cargo, passenger, GA and military while UT live is missing military and cargo.  So, I'll stay with MT6 for now.

Rick Abshier

I still think it's a mistake making their "live" schedules dictate the entire addon. If something isn't part of strict schedules, it gets cut, like cargo. I think most of us just want a well-balanced traffic addon that covers all bases, with nice models that are easy on performance, lots of varied traffic, not having to download a ton of liveries and then just keep as close to the real-life schedules as you can without compromising the rest. Not to mention the name seems to be confusing a lot of people, thinking it's a live representation of real-world traffic. 

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

6 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

Right - that's pretty much my theory and one of the reasons that I came back to P3D after trying XP11 as it was a challenge to get decent traffic without a lot of work.  MT6 has cargo, passenger, GA and military while UT live is missing military and cargo.  So, I'll stay with MT6 for now.

I have MT6 and had it installed with FSX:SE but uninstalled it for performance issues. As I have switched to P3Dv4 I have been flying without traffic as I do not want to force any add-ons into the sim. Some folks say MT6 works in V4 but I am not going to install it until it is officially v4 ready.

I was thinking about UT Live but I think I will pass.

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

It's really easy to add MT6 to P3Dv4 without messing with the sim itself.  From what I understand the developer of MyTraffic has some health issues.  So, if we ever see a v4 version is debatable.  Check this out for instructions: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/501388-mytraffic-6a-for-prepar3d-v3-v4/

Rick Abshier