Sign in to follow this  
AirCanada235

P3Dv4 PMDG 747 Released

Just now, Hoang said:

I paid twice for all PMDG products, you can feel how hard it is...

I mainly buy it for the 748 because 748 going to be an upgrade, not a full version.

Well, we have faced an issue for some time now with our hobby. Some folks in the community literally post in these forums- and developers' forums- , that they would pay anything (anything) for XYZ product. Some developers even tested the "waters" by making some questions about pricing, and you got folks literally posting: "Dude, your product is so good that I don't care paying 3 times or more for it."

Well, those developers came along and went: "Super fantastic, let's triple the price of our products from $45..00 to over $100.00" "Hey, betterr yet, let's charge a new full price a P3D installer." 

So, there are the results.. 

• Upvote 4

It seems that it is not possible to install the 747 for P3Dv4 as long as it is installed in P3Dv3 which is still on my PC until I some more addons are available and I do the final move.

Edit: It is necessary to uninstall from v3 first that it can be installed in both versions (v3/v4) in parallel.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

23 hours ago, Nemo said:

It seems that it is not possible to install the 747 for P3Dv4 as long as it is installed in P3Dv3 which is still on my PC until I some more addons are available and I do the final move.

Edit: It is necessary to uninstall from v3 first that it can be installed in both versions (v3/v4) in parallel.

That's good to know. Some folks will want to keep both sims. I would guess there should be no problems installing in both sims, since you paid for both.

I have P3Dv3.4 and P3Dv4 installed.  I downloaded the 747 again, through my account, uninstalled  my earlier version (it wouldn't install otherwise), installed the newer version into P3D4, and it seems to work just fine.  I also have the FSUIPC v5 installed, and have no problems there.

Rod Beck

There is no problem using them in both sims, it is just that you need to UNINSTALL FIRST THE V3, redownload the latest installer and reinstall to BOTH sims.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

On 6/4/2017 at 8:10 AM, joemiller said:

Well, we have faced an issue for some time now with our hobby. Some folks in the community literally post in these forums- and developers' forums- , that they would pay anything (anything) for XYZ product. Some developers even tested the "waters" by making some questions about pricing, and you got folks literally posting: "Dude, your product is so good that I don't care paying 3 times or more for it."

Well, those developers came along and went: "Super fantastic, let's triple the price of our products from $45..00 to over $100.00" "Hey, betterr yet, let's charge a new full price a P3D installer."

So, there are the results.. 

*sigh*

Why do people insist on whining, badgering, complaining (user other adjectives, if you like) regarding this?! It's been asked and answered SO many times in here, that it's sickening to being brought up again and again. Mostly because you can't do ANYTHING about it. If you think PMDG, FSLabs or other companies which utilize this pricing policy is SO unfair - the solution is simple. Don't purchase their addons.

How PMDG sets their pricing is an internal matter, and to be frank shouldn't be discussed here or anywhere else! I seriously doubt it have ANYTHING to do with users expressing that they're willing to pay triple pricing. Besides, PMDG has already explained the reason(s) behind the increased pricing for their addons and one of the reasons was, so you could have a FREE upgrade to their 64-bit installers. It's SO tiring of people expressing their own frustration and opinions as facts - especially when they're projecting the reasons of their frustrations to the actions of 3rd parties, which they - in reality - haven't gotten a clue about. 

Personally I think it's really unfair towards the developers when opinions like this is displayed. Most customers have absolutely NO IDEA how much work goes into creating an serious in-depth airliner like the one PMDG has pulled off multiple times. I mean, just watch the Airline2Sim 777 Cadet training to just get an inkling of just how in-depth this simulation is. It's a simulator in itself! 

I'm terribly sorry, people! Rant off! But I just get SO frustrated AND a little sad when reading these posts. Mainly because they seem to be reflecting an opinion, which keeps popping now and then. It isn't fair towards neither developers or customers alike. The simple thing is, that these posts have a tendency to generalize a sentiment, which up I really hope isn't dominant in the community....  

Again - sorry people! ... I just felt something needed to be said... 

• Upvote 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

23 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

*sigh*

Why do people insist on whining, badgering, complaining (user other adjectives, if you like) regarding this?! It's been asked and answered SO many times in here, that it's sickening to being brought up again and again. Mostly because you can't do ANYTHING about it. If you think PMDG, FSLabs or other companies which utilize this pricing policy is SO unfair - the solution is simple. Don't purchase their addons.

How PMDG sets their pricing is an internal matter, and to be frank shouldn't be discussed here or anywhere else! I seriously doubt it have ANYTHING to do with users expressing that they're willing to pay triple pricing. Besides, PMDG has already explained the reason(s) behind the increased pricing for their addons and one of the reasons was, so you could have a FREE upgrade to their 64-bit installers. It's SO tiring of people expressing their own frustration and opinions as facts - especially when they're projecting the reasons of their frustrations to the actions of 3rd parties, which they - in reality - haven't gotten a clue about. 

Personally I think it's really unfair towards the developers when opinions like this is displayed. Most customers have absolutely NO IDEA how much work goes into creating an serious in-depth airliner like the one PMDG has pulled off multiple times. I mean, just watch the Airline2Sim 777 Cadet training to just get an inkling of just how in-depth this simulation is. It's a simulator in itself! 

I'm terribly sorry, people! Rant off! But I just get SO frustrated AND a little sad when reading these posts. Mainly because they seem to be reflecting an opinion, which keeps popping now and then. It isn't fair towards neither developers or customers alike. The simple thing is, that these posts have a tendency to generalize a sentiment, which up I really hope isn't dominant in the community....  

Again - sorry people! ... I just felt something needed to be said... 

Anders, we all have different views and opinions. The post never referenced any specific developer(s). It simply pointed out something that is true (not false). But, again.. you might be perfectly fine with such practice, but others might not. People will give their opinions. Is it necessary to be upset? No, no need to.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Anders, we all have different views and opinions. The post never referenced any specific developer(s). It simply pointed out something that is true (not false). But, again.. you might be perfectly fine with such practice, but others might not. People will give their opinions. Is it necessary to be upset? No, no need to.

First of all - I never attacked or criticized your right (and privilege) to express your opinion and view. I simply pointed out, that with regards to matter of pricing, the point is mute, so to speak. The pricing is set internally and isn't reflected on some greedy will, to suck money out of their customers.

Second - your facts may be true, but your projecting your frustration of set policy and justifying it, with above mentioned reason, is simply unfair towards the developers. As already mentioned, PMDG has already explained their reason for differentiating in pricing with their product line... if you don't like that - don't support them and purchase their products! The same goes for FSLabs and other developers who's using this method of pricing. Personally I think it's fair - to be frank, I think both FSX and Prepar3D version should be $135. But to iterate, that's not for me (or anyone else to decide!). It's solely for PMDG, FSLabs etc, to decide!

Anyway - I won't go into a long (and tiring) debate regarding this with you. No one deserves that... My original post was means as a counter-point and comment on these views regarding 'unfair and greedy pricing' from developers.  

The reason I mentioned PMDG is because you're currently posting on the Support Forum of PMDG. Where you also have to respect their rules regarding full names on all your posts in the signature (which you currently don't). 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

16 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

First of all - I never attacked or criticized your right (and privilege) to express your opinion and view. I simply pointed out, that with regards to matter of pricing, the point is mute, so to speak. The pricing is set internally and isn't reflected on some greedy will, to suck money out of their customers.

Second - your facts may be true, but your projecting your frustration of set policy and justifying it, with above mentioned reason, is simply unfair towards the developers. As already mentioned, PMDG has already explained their reason for differentiating in pricing with their product line... if you don't like that - don't support them and purchase their products! The same goes for FSLabs and other developers who's using this method of pricing. Personally I think it's fair - to be frank, I think both FSX and Prepar3D version should be $135. But to iterate, that's not for me (or anyone else to decide!). It's solely for PMDG, FSLabs etc, to decide!

Anyway - I won't go into a long (and tiring) debate regarding this with you. No one deserves that... My original post was means as a counter-point and comment on these views regarding 'unfair and greedy pricing' from developers.  

The reason I mentioned PMDG is because you're currently posting on the Support Forum of PMDG. Where you also have to respect their rules regarding full names on all your posts in the signature (which you currently don't). 

Please get well

Good luck!

• Upvote 4

The 777, 737 and 747 brought me hours and hours of joy and there's a lot of work in them. So I pay the price with joy and Hope PMDG and other companies bring more high end products for P3D. 

11 hours ago, TopGun33 said:

There is no problem using them in both sims, it is just that you need to UNINSTALL FIRST THE V3, redownload the latest installer and reinstall to BOTH sims.

top gun - I have the 777,737 and 747 installed on my v3 so what do I need to do to get my 747 working? (also just noticed my ops centre updated) - assume I will need to uninstall my 747 v3 somehow?(or will I need to remove my whole ops centre?) - how can I do this and still keep by 777 and 737 for v3 - any help appreciated?

I am in the same situation as you. I have just removed the 747 and reinstalled using the new installer. If my memory serves, there is a note in the PMDG OPS Center that explains all the steps.

Guillaume

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

23 minutes ago, TopGun33 said:

I am in the same situation as you. I have just removed the 747 and reinstalled using the new installer. If my memory serves, there is a note in the PMDG OPS Center that explains all the steps.

thanks for the reply but I can't find any note -where precisely can I find it?

I did notice a note in the notification area of the ops centre that tells me 1)an update is available for the operations centre 2)an update is available for the PMDG 747 v3 - and offers me the chance to install these updates - so no idea if I should click these updates now as I am guessing I somehow need to delete the existing installed 747 for my P3Dv3 first (it is not clear how I can delete the old 747 or if I can keep my 737 and 777 installed to P3Dv3) or if I need to complete uninstall the ops centre and 747 from a separate download first? and will not be able to use the 777 and 737 in P3Dv3 is I do this?

Hi again,

1 - Update your operations center.

2 - Go to PMDG website

3 - Download the new 747 installer from your account.

4 - Launch the installer.

5 - Click Remove.

6 - Relaunch the installer

7 - Install.

I hope you get it because I don't understand what you don't understand :huh:

Guillaume