Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Problems with V4 black screens no gear

I can get it to work with the "default airplane loading first" workaround... but I always end up in a CTD when starting her from cold and dark and then panning the view outside so that I can see her upfront. Perfectly reproducible. Also the program folders in the win start menu show the 737NGX and the 777 but not the 747 for P3Dv4.

I didn't get an activation screen at all... maybe that has something to do with the fact that I already had the v3 version installed?

Adrian Jaeger

Got up this morning, read all the posts.

I got it working.

Did not have to install SDK.

Did not have to run all the simconnects

Did not have to remove FSUIPC5

I started with the default plane then loaded the PMDG house colors.

Works fine

Then quit the sim, did the same, started with default then switched to a different livery, all fine.

• Upvote 1

Jack Sawyer

Got up this morning, read all the posts.

I got it working.

Did not have to install SDK.

Did not have to run all the simconnects

Did not have to remove FSUIPC5

I started with the default plane then loaded the PMDG house colors.

Works fine

Then quit the sim, did the same, started with default then switched to a different livery, all fine.

• Upvote 2

Jack Sawyer

Il y a 1 heure, rampantfox a déclaré:

Voici mon travail qui a travaillé chaque fois pour moi. 

1) Chargez l'avion par défaut
2) passez à 747-400 passager
3) chargez le plan par défaut
4) toutes les variantes fonctionnent maintenant

Woooooow !! =) It works too !! = D Thank you all!

• Upvote 1

Broucker Kévin // MSFS

1 hour ago, rampantfox said:

Now if I load a default aircraft first and then change to the 747 all variants work

That has always been the case for every sim. You must load the default first.

Strange, I cannot get mine to work in v4 even after starting with default aircraft and then loading default PMDG -400.  V3 works no problem but another thing is that I never had to re-enter my product keys.  I thought we would have to do this after reinstall.  I definitely have all Simconnects installed, did that day 1.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I also did not have the activation code to enter

Broucker Kévin // MSFS

48 minutes ago, vc10man said:

That has always been the case for every sim. You must load the default first.

With V3 as well as all of the other PMDG birds I have always loaded straight to the plane and have had zero issues until yesterday. I've submitted an IT ticket for my issue so I know PMDG will get it sorted out. They ran in overdrive to get this out to us and even thought it may be a pain in the arse for some of us right now they need some rest and will get a fix out.

Brian Swintal

35 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I never had to re-enter my product keys.  I thought we would have to do this after reinstall.  

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/511569-03jun17-pmdg-747-400-queen-of-the-skies-ii-now-available-in-prepar3d-v4/?do=findComment&comment=3636375

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Hello to all:

I just want to confirm that I had the many listed isues with initial installation and reinstallation.

I disabled AVAST anti-virus for the entire download and install (it gave me a lot of grief with false positives with QOTS II and FSUIPC5 download and installation).

In P3Dv4, the aircraft would always show up without screens or landing gear. Even when first loading a default aircraft.

NOTE: It installed perfectly OK in P3Dv3 (so that the panic was minor, no anti-anxiety meds needed).

There was no "Initialising All Systems" countdown at the start of QOTS II in P3Dv4. 

No click spots either. No reaction to any joysticks, except the brakes on my Saitek pedals (no rudder though)

Engine sound worked. Throttles on keyboard (F1, F2, etc.) worked. Aircraft moved forward when increasing throttle (F3).

To make the long story short, I came to this forum and read about FSUIPC5. I already have the paid version.

Disabled FSUIPC5, and all is well with the QOTS II and P3Dv4.

Obviously a conflict between these two programs that, I am sure, PMDG and Mr. Dowson will resolve as fast as they can.

Regards,

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

+ 1 Roberto

Will raise support ticket with pmdg but i'm sure they will be on it already

Pete Little

How do I disable FSUIPC5?

Answer:  just delete it from the modules folder.

Once O did this with FSUIP5 all was fine.

FSUIP5 issue.

spacer.png

I have waited a bit and read this thread as I have the same issue.  I followed the directions and ended up with black screens and no wheels.  I have not been asked for my key.  I tried again this morning by un-installing everything.  I un-installed the folders left behind by the un-installer the best I could and then reinstalled for only v4 as the administrator.  It all went as expected until I got into the aircraft.  As others have stated, I have never had to start with a default aircraft before, but tried this morning as stated.  Same results.  Blacks screens and unusable aircraft.  The worst part is that I cannot install it back into v3 as it is not the most current version.  I did not update that one for a reason.  If anyone figures out what the solution is or what I should do next, please let me know.  I may have missed something in here and will re-read it all again, but it shouldn't be this hard.  Again, never been asked for my code.  For now, I have un-installed everything related to the 747 on my computer.

Thanks for any help.

To disable FSUIPC5, I just renamed "FSUIPC5.dll" to "OLD_FSUIPC5.dll" in the MODULES folder of P3Dv4

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Tried loading the default plane first, but it DOES NOT work, I have black screens and no gear. I don't want to disable FSUIPC, since I need it and paid 24 € for the registration... Any words from the developers? Thanks!

• Like 1

James Goggi