Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Problems with V4 black screens no gear

Hi James:

I also left a note in the Support forum of Pete Dowson's FSUIPC5.

Others are also commenting on this issue, over there.

I also paid for FSUIPC and, I am sure that a solution will be found soon.

In the meantime, if you want to fly the B747, I would suggest you disable FSUIPC (it is temporary) in any of the ways suggested above, and enjoy.

Growing and teething pains. They all pass.

Cheers,

Roberto

• Upvote 1

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

I removed FSUIPC5 and have had no issues since. Now I can't log any of my flights but i's nice having the Queen available

Brian Swintal

Per Pete you can install FSUIPC5 but DO NOT register it. I installed and didn't register and the queen flies great!

Brian Swintal

Indeed Brian, the registration seems to be the issue.

If you have a registered version of FSUIPC, Pete suggested to remove the "FSUIPC.KEY" file from the MODULES folder of P3Dv4 (which renders FSUIPC unregistered) and seems to resolve the current conflict between the QOTS II and FSUIPC5.

I am sure that soon we will be offered the solution.

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

I think it might be the order of install...  I am running the PMDG 747 and the registered version of FSUIPC5 with no problems.

Ian R Tyldesley

50 minutes ago, simbio said:

For me disable FSUIPC is the fix

I concur - removed the key file, problem continued. Disabled FSUIPC altogether and the Queen started normally, including the initialisation countdown. No doubt the issue will be resolved soon.

David Porrett

Of course I have no doubt that the issue will be solved, I hope no one thinks that it is solved just by not using FSUIPC, because many (like me) need FSUIPC for joysticks, other features and other airplanes... 

James Goggi

17 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Got up this morning, read all the posts.

I got it working.

Did not have to install SDK.

Did not have to run all the simconnects

Did not have to remove FSUIPC5

I started with the default plane then loaded the PMDG house colors.

Works fine

Then quit the sim, did the same, started with default then switched to a different livery, all fine.

Thank you Jack!  This worked perfectly for me.  Now I can set my controls using FSUIPC5 too.

• Upvote 1

I did exactly the same, started with the default F22 then loaded the 747 house colors, but it did not solve the issue...

James Goggi

I think it´s random wether it will load correctly or not.

I tried to disable FSUIPC and then it work perfectly.

If FSUIPC is loaded I sometimes can get the 747 to load correctly and sometimes not - though most often it won´t work.

Loading a default aircraft first makes it work more often.

So it´s rather inconsitent when and what makes it work, so maybe it+s a timing issue when FSUIPC dll and PMDG dll's are loaded.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

I was having this issue as well.

Disabled FSUIPC and still didn't work.

I was prompted by Windows Firewall to allow P3Dv4 to have access and when I allowed it with FSUIPC5 disabled, everything started working normally.

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

So any comments from the developers?

James Goggi

Unfortunately, today after only a brief partnership with FSUIPC5, I'm struck with the black screens and no gear on the queen as well...:mellow: Had all control assignments set up and made a couple of succesful flights yesterday.

I renamed the key file but didn't help - only renaming FSIUPC5.ini and dll file was the queen able to fire up properly again.

Pity, had started individualizing my controls to my aircraft. Hope there's a solution.

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |