mikebxb

Cessna 310R different Autopilot??

Is there another  Carenado/Alabeo AP that can be used as a popup replacement for the 400B NavoMatic? Getting the 400B to handshake with the Flight1 GTN750 is quite a task.. Otherwise a great aircraft. I prefer it over the Milviz 310

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

that old 400b series A/P is very useable. I fly this combination all time.. 

You can pretty much leave the GTN750 in CPS mode and go in & out of A/P HEADING or NAV. I think its the center button that labeled L  R  You push / click it.. It took me some time to get it sorted out. I windowed both the GTN 750 and the NavoMatic A/P on the screen during flight in VC cockpit view and tinkered with it til I got it right..  It even intercepts Glide slope and approach but thats even trickier...keep playing with it. I love my 310 /GTN750 combination its still my main set of wings.

I didn't buy the Alabeo Cessna 310 as I already had the MilViz one so I can't comment on that. I do however have a huge number of addon payware aircraft and have tested the autopilots on almost all of them for GTN750 compatibility. Although most prove compatible there are a handful that unfortunately just won't sync with the GTN for whatever reason.

Bill

Hi Folks,

OK - I like C310's and I have both... If you have both - you need to dump the Alabeo sounds and swap it with the MilViz sounds (far superior set) - just drop the sound folder from one to the other - then it's a great aircraft... The FDE's on both seem extremely well done...

The Alabeo is my go to light twin now... Alabeo just needs to fix the panel lights - the switches are messed up...

What exactly is not working - I dropped the GTN in the Alabeo model and it seemed to work fine ? Flew coupled approaches as well as well unpublished holds...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1