Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

Hyper Threading & P3D V4?

2 hours ago, lownslo said:

To clarify.. is HT on or off?  Your calcs for AM=4092 are correct only if HT is ON.

Greg

I have HT off 12cores  HT on 12cores/24treads , give me a hint whats wrong , i dont do this  affinity calcs often.

12 cores HT off is what i want and first 2 cores free

If you have HT set to OFF in the BIOS, and you are running with 12 cores (12 threads), your calculation is correct.

The confusion arises because most of us tend to think of a six-core CPU when we see AM=4092.

Your 12 core CPU is something of a rarity on this forum :cool:

Bert

41 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you have HT set to OFF in the BIOS, and you are running with 12 cores (12 threads), your calculation is correct.

The confusion arises because most of us tend to think of a six-core CPU when we see AM=4092.

Your 12 core CPU is something of a rarity on this forum :cool:

Bert's correct... your AM=4092 works fine for your 12 core HT off CPU.  I shouldn't be replying to forum threads while talking on the phone!

Greg

Lol,  wow , this all reads as blah blah blah to me and in the time I have worked out 1.23.34.56.l6.l6 to the decimal of 100 abd bin765 to the right of L8 and cpu digit 18 , i could have flown from gatwick to shoreham. 😁

• Like 2

True, you don't need to know binary to fly a plane. Nothing wrong with fastidiously setting up a simulator as they would their planes. It's never too late to learn!

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com