Loved the place until lately. Now I never know when or why one of my threads will be closed. I have had several closed and then PM's asking me why they closed it. 

Do the moderators here have any rules or guides to go by or are they more wild wild west. When I ran the largest RC forum on the net I called them unmoderated moderators so when I came on board the first thing I did was fire half the moderator staff and make up a set of rules for mods to go by. 

When a moderator says to me "I closed your thread because I did not think it was going to go anywhere" I knew they were just making things up as they go along.  

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

5 hours ago, warbirds said:

Do the moderators here have any rules or guides to go by or are they more wild wild west. When I ran the largest RC forum on the net I called them unmoderated moderators so when I came on board the first thing I did was fire half the moderator staff and make up a set of rules for mods to go by.

We all must adhere to AVSIM's Terms of Service or TOS and discussion among other things such as EULA's are not allowed in some cases.  Those are the same TOS that mods should adhere to and I agree they shouldn't be closing down discussions until warranted.  Just have to ask, you stated that you fired the mods and made up your own rules?  That sounds a little autocratic to me.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

We all must adhere to AVSIM's Terms of Service or TOS and discussion among other things such as EULA's are not allowed in some cases.  Those are the same TOS that mods should adhere to and I agree they shouldn't be closing down discussions until warranted.  Just have to ask, you stated that you fired the mods and made up your own rules?  That sounds a little autocratic to me.

Agree.  Couldn't have said it any better Robert!  Thanks!

Best regards,

Jim