Recommended Posts

Hi everyone!

I started getting that all familiar rush today... You know, the one you get when you've learned most of what you can learn about a certain addon aircraft and you start feeling the need to move on to something new. I was browsing through the websites of several flight simulation related stores and it dawned on me that there is not a single Fokker F70/F100 addon (the long gone Project Fokker and the abandonware Digital Design don't count). Now, granted, even in real life they weren't all that popular, it was mostly European carriers that used it but it was different enough from any Boeing/Airbus that it seems to me there should be a fair amount of interest on these two planes, certainly enough to grant a modern simulation from some developer. Am I the only one feeling there is a void that needs to be filled?

Cheers,

Achilleas

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Lionheart Creations has a Fokker 100 in development.

 

John

Share this post


Link to post

That's very interesting, I didn't know that!

Cheers,

Achilleas

Share this post


Link to post

I agree. I still keep FS9 running so I can use the Project Fokker F70. It was a great aircraft up to and beyond some payware of the time.

I hope Lionheart develops the F70 alongside the F100 - it was a more useful and more popular aircraft. It should not mean a huge amount of extra work as they shared the same cockpit.

KLM is still flying some F70s in Europe.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, betelgeuse said:

KLM is still flying some F70s in Europe.

Unfortunately not for long.
On October 29th the last F70 flight will be flown.

Share this post


Link to post

While i respect every developer in FSWorld, this won't be a great Fokker version unfortunately. Systems depth will be minor.

I really hope they change their minds about this, but i don't think so.

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

While i respect every developer in FSWorld, this won't be a great Fokker version unfortunately. Systems depth will be minor.

I really hope they change their minds about this, but i don't think so.

Hi Nuno!
Wouldn't it be great if Lionheart were to partner up with Flight1 or DA or whoever owns the rights for the F70/F100 and use those systems? Of course this being the FS community this will most likely never happen...


Cheers,

Achilleas

Share this post


Link to post

But of course!  I'd love to have a good Fokker model. DA's version was outstanding, if only they finished it :(

Share this post


Link to post

Or at least refund part of the price to those who bought it with the promise of a VC...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎11‎.‎7‎.‎2017 at 3:14 PM, amoraitis said:

 Am I the only one feeling there is a void that needs to be filled?

Cheers,

Achilleas

No, you are not alone. I´d love to have one in P3D!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Perhaps if a large enough number of simmers existed Flight1 might consider giving the project another look, like they did with the LevelD 767 (another oldie but goldie).

Cheers,

Achilleas

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/07/2017 at 0:36 PM, amoraitis said:

Hi Nuno!
Wouldn't it be great if Lionheart were to partner up with Flight1 or DA or whoever owns the rights for the F70/F100 and use those systems? Of course this being the FS community this will most likely never happen...


Cheers,

Achilleas

Maybe it has. But I live more in hope than expectation.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, betelgeuse said:

Maybe it has. But I live more in hope than expectation.

Don't we all? ;)

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now