jellef

737 NGX for P3Dv3 new installer

Recommended Posts

After the release of the new installer for the PMGD 737 NGX I downloaded it today. I followed the instructions and uninstalled the older version for P3D v3. When running the installer I choose to install both v3 and v4 at the same time.

The NGX runs ok in P3Dv4, but not in v3. After starting the sim and selecting any of the PMDG aircraft I get a window with this:

ERROR: Activation library handle creation failed.

Manually entering the right code in the popup window fails. I checked the FlexNet service but it seems ok. Reinstalled PMDG for only v3 and for both v3 and v4, nothing helps. Strangely v4 never complains about the activation code.

Any suggestions?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello everyone.

I followed the steps given by Mr. Randazzo.
I have the same problem as you alone that I do not have p3dv4, I have p3dv3.
I have reinstalled the previous version and did not ask for the activation code.
A different thing to what he says about his installation. It does not ask me where I want to install (p3dv3 or p3dv4), obviously because I do not have it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anybody out there who installed this new version in P3Dv3 with succes?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, jellef said:

Is there anybody out there who installed this new version in P3Dv3 with succes?

 

No problems here. You might want to submit a support ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, jellef said:

Is there anybody out there who installed this new version in P3Dv3 with succes?

 

No success for me either in P3Dv3. Same error message as yours. Just saw a post from RSRandazzo (13 hours ago) telling about "License Library Handle Failed" reports in P3Dv3. So, let's wait and hope for a quick fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I installed pmdg 737 ngx for p3d v4 and activated without activation code request, but now it does not recognize the activation code on p3d v3.
Because? What is the solution?
Giancarlo Pascalis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PMDG has confirmed the issue for P3D v3 and is now testing the solution in beta. Probably next week the fix will be available. I appreciate the quick response to the problem by PMDG, top quality!

Jelle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same issue here.

Have any of you fellas heard anything in regards to the flexnet licensing problem? Any updates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Jocko Flocko said:

Same issue here.

Have any of you fellas heard anything in regards to the flexnet licensing problem? Any updates?

As you’ve been told, look at the announcement thread. As soon as there’s a fix, it will be pushed via the operations centre. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jocko Flocko said:

I was asking the other gentlemen above, not you. On ignore now.

Nobody above me knows anything more than what's in that thread, but you still continue to ignore and be rude to people who are giving you advice.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2017 at 9:39 AM, Jocko Flocko said:

I was asking the other gentlemen above, not you. On ignore now.

Don't be unkind. I don't see how or why Chris merited this response from you.

I'm half tempted to point you to where you can find the information on your own just to make you do the work, given that response, but I guess I'll be nice:

Uninstall. Download a new copy from your account. Install using that new installer.

While you're waiting for the download, perhaps consider the fact that, if you're gonna hijack a thread soliciting information, one should avoid biting the hand that provides that information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Don't be unkind. I don't see how or why Chris merited this response from you.

I'm half tempted to point you to where you can find the information on your own just to make you do the work, given that response, but I guess I'll be nice:

Uninstall. Download a new copy from your account. Install using that new installer.

While you're waiting for the download, perhaps consider the fact that, if you're gonna hijack a thread soliciting information, one should avoid biting the hand that provides that information.

Hello! I tried unsuccessfully to have someone try to help me ... See if you can !!
- I've uninstalled.
- I downloaded a copy from my account.
- I installed and ... In the Operations Center (which has not been installed as in other updates) appears that I have the version ... 1.20.8396 !!!!!
I tried the above described operation 5 times with the same result ... !!
Greetings and thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was sorted hours ago with zero help from PMDG at all. My ticket was never answered on the main PMDG site. That said, it's only as much as I expected. Because it was a copy protection issue and not a PMDG software issue, it was the only reason why I'm on this forum asking for help. Facebook groups has much more in depth help from thriving communities. But thanks anyways for the "effort".

 

Take care Kyle. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jocko Flocko said:

It was sorted hours ago with zero help from PMDG at all. My ticket was never answered on the main PMDG site. That said, it's only as much as I expected. Because it was a copy protection issue and not a PMDG software issue, it's the only reason why I'm on this forum asking for help. Facebook groups has much more in depth help from thriving communities. But thanks anyways, take care.

Zero help apart from creating the new download and pushing the fact that it was available via the OC.

Do note that the support site makes a note that responses can take up to 48 hours, and you submitted your ticket a 7:10PM on a Friday night...let's be reasonable here...it's the weekend (and we're still here helping you and everyone else).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyle, if I come across as a bit of a dick when it comes to copy protection issues on software I apologize to you and anyone else I might have rubbed the wrong way, I've been in this game for a long time and I've always supported the developers since FS 95. When I see what's being used on your software and how long ago it was "cracked" by a@#hole pirates, I get wound up when that same "protection" stops me from using the software. Any other time I would be completely at ease and understanding regarding bugs, crashes, compatibility, etc.

Have a great day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Don't be unkind. I don't see how or why Chris merited this response from you.

I'm half tempted to point you to where you can find the information on your own just to make you do the work, given that response, but I guess I'll be nice:

Uninstall. Download a new copy from your account. Install using that new installer.

While you're waiting for the download, perhaps consider the fact that, if you're gonna hijack a thread soliciting information, one should avoid biting the hand that provides that information.

 

1 hour ago, Joetsa said:

Hello! I tried unsuccessfully to have someone try to help me ... See if you can !!
- I've uninstalled.
- I downloaded a copy from my account.
- I installed and ... In the Operations Center (which has not been installed as in other updates) appears that I have the version ... 1.20.8396 !!!!!
I tried the above described operation 5 times with the same result ... !!
Greetings and thank you.

 

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Zero help apart from creating the new download and pushing the fact that it was available via the OC.

Do note that the support site makes a note that responses can take up to 48 hours, and you submitted your ticket a 7:10PM on a Friday night...let's be reasonable here...it's the weekend (and we're still here helping you and everyone else).

Hello, again ... !! I understand that you are very busy with this new (and failed) update but what I do not understand is that you enter to discuss with customers who fail your products ... !!!
I'll try again: what do I have to do so I can enjoy the latest update of the PMDG 737 NGX for P3D V3 ??
As PMDG Development and Support you are I expect an answer ...
A greeting (again) and thanks (again) !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jocko Flocko said:

Kyle, if I come across as a bit of a dick when it comes to copy protection issues on software I apologize to you and anyone else I might have rubbed the wrong way, I've been in this game for a long time and I've always supported the developers since FS 95. When I see what's being used on your software and how long ago it was "cracked" by a@#hole pirates, I get wound up when that same "protection" stops me from using the software. Any other time I would be completely at ease and understanding regarding bugs, crashes, compatibility, etc.

It's actually remarkably effective, and most people who have claimed to successfully crack it find it hobbled in some way.

This was less to do with FlexNET and more to do with our installation method in setting it up, so, while I understand that the outward appearance was copy protection as an issue, it could just as easily been an errant line of code that caused a CTD, in this case.

Somewhat understandable, however. Kind of like how I get spun up about AV programs basically becoming viruses on their own lately.

13 minutes ago, Joetsa said:

As PMDG Development and Support you are I expect an answer ...

Official, guaranteed responses are only found through the official support channel, but since I'm here:

Uninstall via the control panel
Go to your account on our website
Re-download
Install

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem has been fixed with a new installer. PMDG support responded with this reply:

"We believe we've identified and fixed this issue now. The original version of the dual P3Dv3 and v4 NGX installer was installing only a 64-bit version of our licensing service, regardless of whether v3 or v4 was selected. We've corrected this in an updated installer that uses the 32-bit version of the service when the v3 version is installed.

Follow these steps to get the updated version:

1. Uninstall your current version from Control Panel\Programs and Features (Win 7) or Settings\Apps & Features (Win10)

2. Log into your account at our store, click View Previous Orders, and then redownload the installer from the original link to get the updated version.

3. Reinstall from the new installer. "

I followed the instruction and voila, the P3Dv3 opens the 737NGX without any activation request.

Thanks PMDG for the excellent support!

 

Jelle

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now