Sign in to follow this  
Jocko Flocko

Useless "Flexnet" preventing me from using my purchased product...

After a couple years away from flying I decided to download and reinstall the 737NGX into a fresh install of P3D v3.4. Now I'm getting "ACTIVATION LIBRARY HANDLE CREATION FAILED" because of licensing system. Went to PMDG's website and there's no way to contact them at all, not even via email. I'm kind of at a loss for words after the massive price I paid for this product... Is anyone experiencing this issue as well? Greatly p*@#ed off. :(

Andrew Walker

47 minutes ago, Jocko Flocko said:

After a couple years away from flying I decided to download and reinstall the 737NGX into a fresh install of P3D v3.4. Now I'm getting "ACTIVATION LIBRARY HANDLE CREATION FAILED" because of licensing system. Went to PMDG's website and there's no way to contact them at all, not even via email. I'm kind of at a loss for words after the massive price I paid for this product... Is anyone experiencing this issue as well? Greatly p*@#ed off. :(

Andrew,

There is a pointer to our support site that you literally have to trip over in order to find the link to the forum here. It's also linked here from the main forum, and in all of our signatures when we respond here. The Intro Manual also points you there for support. I apologize for being blunt on this point, but we try very hard to ensure that you can reach us, and have included links from multiple locations. The claim that there is no way to contact is us troubling, as it's not at all the case.

We have identified a potential fix for the problem. If you submit a ticket, we may be able to work more directly with you on the issue, or you can wait a little bit until we release an update.

Kyle Rodgers

I created a ticket. No apology necessary. I can deal with crashes, product issues, failures, etc. However when "copy protections" get in the way of using something I paid for I get upset.

Cheers

Andrew Walker

Kyle, can I install an older version from a year ago that was working? Or will the PMDG Ops Center just automatically download the latest version before I get a chance to activate it? I've yet to receive a reply via my ticket submission. It kind of sucks only having the weekend to do these things, I was hoping to enjoy some flying on Saturday and getting back into the swing of things.

Andrew Walker

only  if  you  got  the installer  saved  some  where, if  you download  again it  will  download  the latest  installer. if  you manager  to  find  it  and  download  it   the oc  will only  tell  you there  will  be  a  update   so  you can ignore  it   till  you  get  your  ticket   fixed. .

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

6 hours ago, Jocko Flocko said:

I've yet to receive a reply via my ticket submission. It kind of sucks only having the weekend to do these things, I was hoping to enjoy some flying on Saturday and getting back into the swing of things.

Yeah and it kinda sucks that you expect PMDG to respond to your ticket within 5 hours of you opening it on the weekend. They're allowed a weekend too you know, they're still people with lives to live.

3 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Yeah and it kinda sucks that you expect PMDG to respond to your ticket within 5 hours of you opening it on the weekend. They're allowed a weekend too you know, they're still people with lives to live.

Actually 12 hours, but thanks for your 2 cents worth, it helped greatly.

Andrew Walker

31 minutes ago, Jocko Flocko said:

Actually 12 hours, but thanks for your 2 cents worth, it helped greatly.

WFyBYQx.png

11 - 6 = 5 hours. It's now 11 hours, but the point still remains. It's still the weekend. They still deserve a break. You wouldn't like being forced to work 24/7, why should they? Not to mention, your ticket isn't the only ticket in the system, I'll bet my house on it. Why should yours be first priority? Let's be somewhat realistic here.

If you want help, I'd suggest first learning what manners are and maybe have a little thanks for the company who provide you the support.

9 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

They still deserve a break.

+++1.

6 hours ago, pete_auau said:

only  if  you  got  the installer  saved  some  where, if  you download  again it  will  download  the latest  installer. if  you manager  to  find  it  and  download  it   the oc  will only  tell  you there  will  be  a  update   so  you can ignore  it   till  you  get  your  ticket   fixed. .

Yeah, I gave it a shot Pete, unfortunately the installers are from a couple years ago and I get a registry error return, "no valid registry path etc". But thanks for the help man. :)

Andrew Walker

Latest installer update fixed the Flexnet protection registration error. Anyone else with the issue will have to re-download the installer(s) for the 737NGX to get the update; it can't be updated via the Operations Center. I am actually quite impressed that PMDG was able to roll out a 64bit version of this aircraft as fast as they did, I wasn't expecting it for at least another 6 months. Guess it's time to buy P3D v4.

It's also good to see Lockheed Martin now allowing developers like PMDG access to early builds of the simulator before official release so they can begin work early on. Hopefully they will have done the same with major scenery developers like OrbX/FTX.

Cheers.

Andrew Walker

6 hours ago, Jocko Flocko said:

Latest installer update fixed the Flexnet protection registration error. Anyone else with the issue will have to re-download the installer(s) for the 737NGX to get the update; it can't be updated via the Operations Center. I am actually quite impressed that PMDG was able to roll out a 64bit version of this aircraft as fast as they did, I wasn't expecting it for at least another 6 months. Guess it's time to buy P3D v4.

It's also good to see Lockheed Martin now allowing developers like PMDG access to early builds of the simulator before official release so they can begin work early on. Hopefully they will have done the same with major scenery developers like OrbX/FTX.

Cheers.

Wow no way. Definitely not what everyone was trying to tell you all along. Hopefully next time you need help, you might actually believe that people are trying to help you and listen to them. 

• Upvote 1