Jack_Sawyer

Lights dimming not working properly

Recommended Posts

Sorry to post this as I see others having more major problems.

But I'm wondering why the INBD and LOWER DU rotary switches, when rotated don't work.  The others do.

I got the Upper to dim once but can't get it back to bright.

And the lower has never worked.

P3Dv4, Win 7/64, newest NGX I bought last night.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

32 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I got the Upper to dim once but can't get it back to bright.

You sure you're clicking on the right part of the knob? If I recall correctly, there's an inner and outer portion. The inner portion (from memory) only controls the brightness of any weather radar displayed on that display. The outer portion is the one you need (I think).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

You sure you're clicking on the right part of the knob? If I recall correctly, there's an inner and outer portion. The inner portion (from memory) only controls the brightness of any weather radar displayed on that display. The outer portion is the one you need (I think).

Hi Kyle, this is the NGX.  The little tiny knobs are located below the PFD.  But I'll try again.  They're so small I didn't think there was an inner or outer, thee aren't on the real 737's I worked.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're right Kyle, thanks.

My PC froze solid again.  Only happens with the PMDG 747, NGX and A2A's Connie and only on long flight, and on my PC long before the PC freezes so solid is 60 minutes.

I don't think there's a person on Earth that can figure it out.

It freezes so solid I have to literally unplug it.

Nothing in the logs or even viewer or Who Crashed either. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

You're right Kyle, thanks.

My PC froze solid again.  Only happens with the PMDG 747, NGX and A2A's Connie and only on long flight, and on my PC long before the PC freezes so solid is 60 minutes.

I don't think there's a person on Earth that can figure it out.

It freezes so solid I have to literally unplug it.

Nothing in the logs or even viewer or Who Crashed either. 

 

Could it be a bad OC perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

You're right Kyle, thanks.

My PC froze solid again.  Only happens with the PMDG 747, NGX and A2A's Connie and only on long flight, and on my PC long before the PC freezes so solid is 60 minutes.

I don't think there's a person on Earth that can figure it out.

It freezes so solid I have to literally unplug it.

Nothing in the logs or even viewer or Who Crashed either. 

 

If your PC is freezing to that extent, then it sounds like you're having hardware issues. Either an unstable overclock or something is dying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack, you probably need to do a lot of troubleshooting  to identify the problem, it could be caused by so many things. It has been reported that enabled hibernate / sleep power options can cause this in some cases. Try to set power options to high performance, then click on "change plan settings" and set all options to OFF or Never. After that, open CMD and type:

powercfg.exe /hibernate off    (and hit enter)

If still happens, start looking into OS / Hardware problems. Check your system for viruses / addware. Check and update everything - BIOS, Drivers. Uninstall graphics driver completely http://www.overclock.net/t/1150443/how-to-remove-your-nvidia-gpu-drivers-new-2016 , reboot, then install latest driver using advanced options - install graphics driver only(and PhysX if you need it), do not install nvidia audio. Use "perform clean install" option.

Check your HDD / SSD health. My first thought was HDD / SSD failing, or power supply. I hope something else(that can be easily fixed)is the culprit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lodestar said:

Jack, you probably need to do a lot of troubleshooting  to identify the problem, it could be caused by so many things. It has been reported that enabled hibernate / sleep power options can cause this in some cases. Try to set power options to high performance, then click on "change plan settings" and set all options to OFF or Never. After that, open CMD and type:

powercfg.exe /hibernate off    (and hit enter)

If still happens, start looking into OS / Hardware problems. Check your system for viruses / addware. Check and update everything - BIOS, Drivers. Uninstall graphics driver completely http://www.overclock.net/t/1150443/how-to-remove-your-nvidia-gpu-drivers-new-2016 , reboot, then install latest driver using advanced options - install graphics driver only(and PhysX if you need it), do not install nvidia audio. Use "perform clean install" option.

Check your HDD / SSD health. My first thought was HDD / SSD failing, or power supply. I hope something else(that can be easily fixed)is the culprit

Thanks, well, the PC has been set to never hibernate/sleep since the day it was delivered.

I did the NVIDIA driver update exactly as you mentioned yesterday but haven't had a chance to try it again.  It's difficult to test because sometimes I can fly for 90 minutes others only 69. minutes.  All the temps look good as the Jetline guys looked at the temp readouts and they were fine.

I have nothing but SSD, how do I check the health of them?

I have no virus software and never have as I don't ever run mail or the internet explorer.  It's only online for weather and Orbx.

What happens is I'll be in the NGX, 747, or A2A's Connie with AS and ASCA on, and lower settings, then about 60 minutes to last night of 2 1/2 hours ir simply makes a sound like it's an infinite loop of the engine sounds then it freezes.  If I let it I know it would go to a BSOD.

So I have to hard reboot it with the power switch on top of the PC.

When I get it back up and running there's nothin in the logs and I can fly for hours wth any other planes.

I'm wondering if there's just too much of a load on the PC with these three complex planes with AS and ASCA?

Here's my specs:

Jetline Hellfire GT2 PC

Win 7 Pro 64

CM Storm Scout II Advanced case

ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Pro, Intel LGA 1150 mobo

i7 4790K Quad Core 4.66 GHz

Corsair Hydro H80i Liquid Cooling

16 GB Trident X DDR3 SDRAM 2133 MHz

ZOTAC GTX980 4 GB

500 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD

500 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD

500 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Creative Sound Blaster Z SBX 

Integrated High Speed Network 10/100/1000

802.11n WiFi card

750 Watt Corsair RM Power Supply

20x DVD/CD Burner

Creative A250 3-Piece Speaker System

Saitek PZ44 Yoke & throttle - Yoke driver

Saitek PZ35 Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Saitek TPM

Samsung S27A550H Monitor

Buttkicker Gamer 2

Orb Weaver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks, well, the PC has been set to never hibernate/sleep since the day it was delivered.

I did the NVIDIA driver update exactly as you mentioned yesterday but haven't had a chance to try it again.  It's difficult to test because sometimes I can fly for 90 minutes others only 69. minutes.  All the temps look good as the Jetline guys looked at the temp readouts and they were fine.

I have nothing but SSD, how do I check the health of them?

I have no virus software and never have as I don't ever run mail or the internet explorer.  It's only online for weather and Orbx.

What happens is I'll be in the NGX, 747, or A2A's Connie with AS and ASCA on, and lower settings, then about 60 minutes to last night of 2 1/2 hours ir simply makes a sound like it's an infinite loop of the engine sounds then it freezes.  If I let it I know it would go to a BSOD.

So I have to hard reboot it with the power switch on top of the PC.

When I get it back up and running there's nothin in the logs and I can fly for hours wth any other planes.

I'm wondering if there's just too much of a load on the PC with these three complex planes with AS and ASCA?

Here's my specs:

Jetline Hellfire GT2 PC

Win 7 Pro 64

CM Storm Scout II Advanced case

ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Pro, Intel LGA 1150 mobo

i7 4790K Quad Core 4.66 GHz

Corsair Hydro H80i Liquid Cooling

16 GB Trident X DDR3 SDRAM 2133 MHz

ZOTAC GTX980 4 GB

500 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD

500 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD

500 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Creative Sound Blaster Z SBX 

Integrated High Speed Network 10/100/1000

802.11n WiFi card

750 Watt Corsair RM Power Supply

20x DVD/CD Burner

Creative A250 3-Piece Speaker System

Saitek PZ44 Yoke & throttle - Yoke driver

Saitek PZ35 Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Saitek TPM

Samsung S27A550H Monitor

Buttkicker Gamer 2

Orb Weaver

Definitely shouldn't be too much for that PC to handle. Has it actually gone to a BSOD before? Normally BSODs are caused by hardware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Definitely shouldn't be too much for that PC to handle. Has it actually gone to a BSOD before? Normally BSODs are caused by hardware.

Yes, have had several since I bought it built by Jetline back in December 2014.

If it freezes and I let it, it will BSOD, I just power it off before that happens.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, branks737 said:

Could it be a bad OC perhaps?

I don't know. They did build it with an OC but I have no idea how to do one or undo one and I really don't want to mess with something I know absolutely nothing about.  Hopefully they'll get back to me on Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Yes, have had several since I bought it built by Jetline back in December 2014.

If it freezes and I let it, it will BSOD, I just power it off before that happens.

 

That's really bad, is it still covered by a warranty? That's leading me to think it's an unstable OC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

That's really bad, is it still covered by a warranty? That's leading me to think it's an unstable OC

No longer under warranty but the Jetline guys new awesome, they will remote in and help me.  They know I'm being a new one this fall but they'd help anyway as their customer support is second to none.

I wish it wasn't Saturday as I know Ken was going to write up a step-by-step for me to remove the OC.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I have nothing but SSD, how do I check the health of them?

Download and install samsung magician, since you have samsung SSD

2 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I have no virus software and never have as I don't ever run mail or the internet explorer.  It's only online for weather and Orbx

Just to be sure, check it with malwarebytes free and AdwCleaner(both are free). I also don't use any AV anymore and never had a problem.

3 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

If I let it I know it would go to a BSOD

When you get BSOD, which is the error code? This is important. If you don't know, let it BSOD next time and get BlueScreenView http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html Let us know which error code is shown

3 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I'm wondering if there's just too much of a load on the PC with these three complex planes with AS and ASCA?

definitely not.

Test your system stability with realbench http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/get/asus_realbench,1.html

I don't know how good are jetline systems, i simple love to do everything myself, especially OS optimization and overclocking. Is that(4.66Ghz)manual overclock or they use software for automatic OC?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Zelijko, I did get this BOSD a month ago, f6opY58.jpg

 

As for all the other things I will try them all today but I have a lot of real-world stuff to do.

I have to be honest, I know nothing about this stuff hence I let Jetline build it.  They have an outstanding rep.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now