Sign in to follow this  
David Milate

Fuel Load figures blinkering in FMC

Hi,

Maybe this is already a known issues or can be investigated. 

Upon loading 777 P3D v4, fuel quantity 2 last digits keep changing in FMC. Manual figures input resolve the issue.

Thanks.

David Milate

7 minutes ago, David Milate said:

Hi,

Maybe this is already a known issues or can be investigated. 

Upon loading 777 P3D v4, fuel quantity 2 last digits keep changing in FMC. Manual figures input resolve the issue.

Thanks.

David Milate

Hi David, what do you mean by keep changing? If the APU or engines are running then yes the fuel quantity will change because fuel is being used.

Hi,

The aircraft is plugged on GPU only.

For example with a short range of 50,000 lbs.

The figures will load 49882 change to 49876 change to 49888 change to 49852 within seconds interval.

At 1st I thought that there was a leakage in the tanks, but closely seeing, the figures climb and descend.

Regards,

David.

13 minutes ago, David Milate said:

Hi,

The aircraft is plugged on GPU only.

For example with a short range of 50,000 lbs.

The figures will load 49882 change to 49876 change to 49888 change to 49852 within seconds interval.

At 1st I thought that there was a leakage in the tanks, but closely seeing, the figures climb and descend.

Regards,

David.

That's a strange one. Did you copy any panel states or saves over from P3D v3 (assuming you used to run it before upgrading to v4)?

No, New P3D v4, new aircraft. I've saved a new panel state with GPU plugged in screens and radios already on. No fuel pumps no hydraulics no packs on..

I will delete the custom panel save and try to start with default panel states and see what happens.

Hi,

Tried again.

Deleted the panel state file.

Restart in cold and dark, then reconfigure the panel as powered aircraft only with lights and GPU on. Saved fuel qty as short range of 50k lbs. Save a new Panel State.

Close and Restart P3D v4 and load aircraft with new panel state. 

The Issue Persists.

Maybe this has with panel state save.

36 minutes ago, David Milate said:

Hi,

Tried again.

Deleted the panel state file.

Restart in cold and dark, then reconfigure the panel as powered aircraft only with lights and GPU on. Saved fuel qty as short range of 50k lbs. Save a new Panel State.

Close and Restart P3D v4 and load aircraft with new panel state. 

The Issue Persists.

Maybe this has with panel state save.

Does it happen when you use the default cold and dark panel state?

Out of curiosity, I loaded the 777 from the Scenario screen and used PMDG Options to set LONG, which sets the airplane up on ground power only no APU.  The Short Range is 59993 lbs so I'm not sure how you get a short range set to 50000 lbs without a manual entry and you say a manual entry removes the changing values...., so I am at a total loss of how to reproduce your problem.  You have not been concise enough for someone not looking over your shoulder to recreate what you are seeing.  Please be specific.

Dan Downs KCRP

I noticed the same thing, however, it's to be expected to some extent. :-)

FSX/P3D represent the fuel quantity in gallons, while FMC uses pounds of kilograms, whatever you configure. So, some calculation there has to happen, and it's potentially an easy one - 6.7 lbs/gallon of JET-A... on a standard day. If you take into account temperature, air pressure, etc. those numbers suddenly look different, as fuel density changes. Using a general rule of 6.7 lbs/gal can help you approximate the rounding up you will need to have enough fuel you will need for your flight.

Also, I could have just rationalized the heck out of behavior I noticed myself.

27 minutes ago, icemarkom said:

FSX/P3D represent the fuel quantity in gallons,

This is actually choice, you can select pounds or kilograms instead of gallons.

27 minutes ago, icemarkom said:

Also, I could have just rationalized the heck out of behavior I noticed myself.

LOL

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

When I start the aircraft as cold and dark, there is no issue.

However when I create and save a new panel state as stated above and save a custom fuel quantity, for example 50,000 lbs. when I quit P3D and reload with the custom panel state, the fuel amount is back to around 100,000lbs and last two digits moving up and down.

4 minutes ago, David Milate said:

However when I create and save a new panel state as stated above and save a custom fuel quantity, for example 50,000 lbs. when I quit P3D and reload with the custom panel state, the fuel amount is back to around 100,000lbs and last two digits moving up and down.

I can't remember, did you open a support ticket? If you didn't I recommend doing so, PMDG tech team might want to take a look at this as it may be a bug with the panel states.

16 hours ago, David Milate said:

If you save a panel state with 50 klbs and it loads with 100 klbs there is definitely something wrong with your configuration.  If you have the STARTUP STATE set (Introduction page 69) that will override your panel loading with the saved scenario.  If you installed the simulator to the default location then if you don't run the simulator with admin rights then it cannot update files in the PMDG folders.  These are things to look at.

Dan Downs KCRP