Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
No Ice

Night Flood light texture problem.

10 posts in this topic

Hi

Don't suppose anyone knows why my flood lighting gives a pixel effect like showing in the screen shots? Tried changing most graphic settings in P3D V4 and installed New graphics drivers. 

cPIKz4M.png

 

Hw4GK2u.jpg

 

Any help appreciated 

Cheers

Craig 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 minutes ago, No Ice said:

Hi

Don't suppose anyone knows why my flood lighting gives a pixel effect like showing in the screen shots? Tried changing most graphic settings in P3D V4 and installed New graphics drivers. 

cPIKz4M.png

 

Hw4GK2u.jpg

 

Any help appreciated 

Cheers

Craig 

I believe that's just how the lighting engine works.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers for the Reply Chris

Looked at lots of example's of other people's at night and they don't seem to have this issue. It's really annoying and put's me off flying at night. 

 

Craig 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, No Ice said:

Cheers for the Reply Chris

Looked at lots of example's of other people's at night and they don't seem to have this issue. It's really annoying and put's me off flying at night. 

 

Craig 

I think it's only at low brightnesses of the flood lighting. For brighter settings it comes normal

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only doesn't happen at full brightness, Never really used at this level though. :-( 

Craig 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may not have noticed it in other screenshots, but it definitely happens for everyone. It's how the lighting system has to work because FSX and P3D (even v4, so far) don't have the capabilities of a dimmable dynamic light required for the cockpit flood lights.

Molly Norris

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, molleh said:

You may not have noticed it in other screenshots, but it definitely happens for everyone. It's how the lighting system has to work because FSX and P3D (even v4, so far) don't have the capabilities of a dimmable dynamic light required for the cockpit flood lights.

Molly Norris

Ok cheers, Guess I will live with it then. 

 

Craig 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had very high hopes when reading "dynamic lighting" on the feature list that it would finally include real cockpit lighting. But either it's still not supported or developers haven't upgraded their aircraft yet. :(

With P3Dv3 I would have recommended FSLSpotlights as a workaround but unfortunately it's not yet available for v4...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EnQ said:

I had very high hopes when reading "dynamic lighting" on the feature list that it would finally include real cockpit lighting. But either it's still not supported or developers haven't upgraded their aircraft yet. :(

With P3Dv3 I would have recommended FSLSpotlights as a workaround but unfortunately it's not yet available for v4...

As far as I’m aware, dynamic lights only applies to exterior lights at the moment. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe not: https://blog.tfdidesign.com/2017/08/11/tfdi-design-717-introducing-reallight/

TFDi says they are open to sell licenses to other addon developers. If it works well, maybe that's an option?

Otherwise, FSLabs is working on v4 compatibility of their spotlights addon. But it's still a difference between being able to turn knobs in a 3D cockpit (RealLight?) to turn up/down predefined lights and using a 2D overlay menu (FSLSpotlights) to set up custom user-defined lights (which may not have been set to accurate places).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0