Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Is EzDok a good replacement for a POV hat?

On 08/08/2017 at 1:46 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

I'm between a rock and a hard place.

Ray, Ezdok is sold via Flight1 so there is no risk in trying the software, they will refund if you are not happy.

I use Ezdok and don't find it hard to set up and use at all, plenty of good tutorial videos on Youtube. check out the forum over at Flight1 as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vqCC-FaDag

Thanks Glynn. I have seen that video before and it didn't convince me I'm afraid. Apparently those values in the effects window have no reset to default option and it seems very difficult to know what values to use.

I'm sure over time you get used to the utility and it becomes easier to use. But CP seems more intuitive although I'm still holding off until this internet mandatory thing is revisited and the product is not being sold as beta.

I'm not a great fan of Flight1's reinstall policy. You have to jump through hoops to reinstall some software and it drives me mad. Sorry if I seem quite down on EZDok & Flight1. It's just how I feel.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

20 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks Glynn. I have seen that video before and it didn't convince me I'm afraid. Apparently those values in the effects window have no reset to default option and it seems very difficult to know what values to use.

Ray, Hi!

I will not convince for the EZdok, but for the sake of justice I want to note: re-application to the pilot camera basic effects CORE and HEAD resets the value in the effect settings in the default.

• Upvote 2

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

Can you assign two views or more to the same key in EZdok v2?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Make an educated guess...
Why would you do that?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

1 hour ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Make an educated guess...
Why would you do that?

Why ???????

I will tell you why.

In CP you can for e.g. within the VC you can set a button to give views to your right, I have 4, 1 a small look to the right, 2 a 2 o'clock look to the right, 3 a bit more and 4 shows the far right FO window.

All on one button. 

Another e.g. The over head I have set for the bottom half, press the same button again and I see the top half.

Its save's having to set a different button up for ever view. This way you group them as you see fit. It's a fantastic future.

That's Why.

"Make an educated guess..."

I don't have it so asking, but given your reply it's a NO then? and that's one reason why CP is far better. I had Ezdoc for years until CP.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

David,

That's an interesting post. What you're saying is that you can create a number of different views in CP and then cycle through them only using one button. Somewhat like the feature in FSX/P3D with the A key.

Is there a limit to the number of views you can assign to a single button? I suppose it would make sense to have one button assigned to internal views and another for external ones.

With the possibility of me switching to a yoke with minimal buttons this has become interesting.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

I dont think there is a limit, I have 8 for looking out the left hand side window alone, 2 for overhead etc. 

I set them in groups for a given view.

It works for out side views as well,  I have all the exterior views for the left side of aircraft on 1 key all the right side views another around 6 on both sides. Then another key for wing views. So it goes on. 

When I say keys I mean there all on my HOTAS.So buttons:mellow:

• Upvote 1

Thanks David. I'm struggling to work out why you would want 8 views outside the left window but that isn't really important for the purposes of this discussion. How does this group thing work? For each button press does it move to the next view in the group? And when you reach the last one it then shows the first again?

So for all those views you only need 3 buttons? Great. What I really need is someone with a GoFlight P8 module who can verify those views can be allocated to a GoFlight button. FSUIPC sees it so I would hope CP would but even the author couldn't verify.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This thread is digging deep! A lot of people really know what they are doing and I understand the need for a software that works with the user's setup.

@Ray Proudfoot, Let's sort all your questions in the most efficient way... Send me an email via our support page (https://fsfxpackages.com/en/support/) with a link to this thread and I'll provide you a copy of ChasePlane to try for a week. You can then decide if you like it or not. We might even change a few things based on your feedback.

Best Regards,
Keven

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

On 8/7/2017 at 7:18 PM, 777200lrf said:

Chaseplane is a favorite of streamers not because it is a better program, but because the developer is smart and became friends with all of them.  Almost every stream I see of the popular guys, they have problems using Chaseplane, and every single time, they defend it and trash ezdok. Ezdok has more features, no performance hit, and no requirement to have an internet connection. [...]

We are present in the chat of many streamers because we want to make sure everything is working fine for them and other viewers using the product. We not only answer the streamer's questions (if any) but also the questions from other people in the chat. The main goal of releasing an Alpha/Beta to public is to seek feedback and that's one of our ways to get that feedback.

To be clear, most of them requested review copies when we released the Alpha in November with a clear note that the software was not ready for production use. Most of them started using it from day 1 and continued using it a while before we even started going into the chat. We indeed have business relationships with them but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't use our software if it wasn't good.

EzDok does not have more features. Our presentation at FlightSimShow in October will be all about those features people don't know about. We purposefully hold on advertising all of ChasePlane's features while in Alpha/Beta to prevent false advertisement in case we have to revoke some of those features during the development cycle and to keep everything together in a unified presentation that is enjoyable for everyone.

Final note: It's not all about the features list anyway. It's also about the user experience and the little-but-important details that goes with it.

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

2 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

We are present in the chat of many streamers because we want to make sure everything is working fine for them and other viewers using the product. We not only answer the streamer's questions (if any) but also the questions from other people in the chat. The main goal of releasing an Alpha/Beta to public is to seek feedback and that's one of our ways to get that feedback.

To be clear, most of them requested review copies when we released the Alpha in November with a clear note that the software was not ready for production use. Most of them started using it from day 1 and continued using it a while before we even started going into the chat. We indeed have business relationships with them but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't use our software if it wasn't good.

EzDok does not have more features. Our presentation at FlightSimShow in October will be all about those features people don't know about. We purposefully hold on advertising all of ChasePlane's features while in Alpha/Beta to prevent false advertisement in case we have to revoke some of those features during the development cycle and to keep everything together in a unified presentation that is enjoyable for everyone.

Final note: It's not all about the features list anyway. It's also about the user experience and the little-but-important details that goes with it.

If you quietly add features you see coming up in ezok then I guess you could say you have more features eventually. Like Horizon Hold. I don't think that is very fair though. Ezdok performs better, is cheaper even if you do not have an upgrade from v1, and has no constant security features and does not require a constant internet connection. Competition is great, and you are one of the most talented developers no doubt. You created a very nice camera addon and a great UI. Ezdok developers are Russian and in my opinion care more about function over form.

But the amount of friends of yours that bash ezok on a daily basis like Chewy and Belynz is very rude and unfair on their part and in my opinion is a negative in this community. Like some people that come here to bash PMDG or Aerosoft. There are shady developers that deserve negative treatment until they get their act together but none of you deserve the abuse ezdok gets.

11 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

If you quietly add features you see coming up in ezok then I guess you could say you have more features eventually. Like Horizon Hold. I don't think that is very fair though. Ezdok performs better, is cheaper even if you do not have an upgrade from v1, and has no constant security features and does not require a constant internet connection. Competition is great, and you are one of the most talented developers no doubt. You created a very nice camera addon and a great UI. Ezdok developers are Russian and in my opinion care more about function over form.

But the amount of friends of yours that bash ezok on a daily basis like Chewy and Belynz is very rude and unfair on their part and in my opinion is a negative in this community. Like some people that come here to bash PMDG or Aerosoft. There are shady developers that deserve negative treatment until they get their act together but none of you deserve the abuse ezdok gets.

We have a very long list of features we want to add to ChasePlane. A lot of those ideas are coming directly from the community. Follow Horizon is one of them. It was on the list long before EzDok released it but we moved it higher up in the to-do list because people kept asking for it and because it was just a 2h job to implement it. For obvious competitive reasons, we cannot release this feature list. But if you look around our forum section, it's easy to find a lot of ideas that were confirmed to be on this list. Also important to note, I do not own EzDok v2 and I'm not following their developments. Our inspirations comes from our users whether or not it's related to what the competition is doing.

A lot of the hate comes from past experiences. Most people had something against EzDok long before our product was even announced. When a developer breaks the relationship with their customers, they have to rebuild that relationship on their own. This is true for them, for us and for every other company on this earth. Sadly, I have no control over what others say or do.

I did read a lot of attacks from the EzDok developer on their forum and even here on Avsim. They even got suspended from posting here because they made direct threats in russian. I never saw this kind behavior from our end. (Some posts were apparently hidden: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/500656-new-release-from-ezdoc/?page=2)

I have nothing against the guy(s) or what he/they are doing. It's great to see EzDok back in the game but can we focus on moving this concept forward instead of constantly trying to find a winner and a looser?

• Upvote 2

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

17 hours ago, Nyxx said:

thats the  beauty of  cp    assigning more  than  1  view  per  keys,  saves  getting  another keyboard:laugh:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

7 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

This thread is digging deep! A lot of people really know what they are doing and I understand the need for a software that works with the user's setup.

@Ray Proudfoot, Let's sort all your questions in the most efficient way... Send me an email via our support page (https://fsfxpackages.com/en/support/) with a link to this thread and I'll provide you a copy of ChasePlane to try for a week. You can then decide if you like it or not. We might even change a few things based on your feedback.

Best Regards,
Keven

Hi Keven,

That's very kind of you, thanks. Perhaps I should change the title of this topic! :laugh:  I do need these views to be controllable via a GoFlight button for reasons explained. I'll be able to check that and provide feedback.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather