Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Alabeo Mooney M20R released!

4 hours ago, DavidP said:

@Gregg_Seipp

Stolle definitely didn't make the old (or new) Mooney FDE as his first plane for Carenado was the 337 AFAIR.

Looks like you're right.  He did several before the C337 and I was mistaken that he'd done the Mooney...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/68931-Which-planes-have-Bernt-Stolle-doing-the-FDE

He also did an FDE for their early C182 which I have.  But no Mooney. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

11 hours ago, Lmaire said:

Here, the radio master switch doesn't work and the magneto/start switch as well.  Turning the STBY VAC switch changes nothing on the advisory panel (maybe it's not a bug and finally is there a switch to activate the speed brake?

Yes, I'm having the same issues in FSX. The yellow STBY VAC light is always illuminated no matter if the STBY VAC switch is on or off. Also the Low Fuel Boost Pump has no sound and does not trigger the corresponding message on the advisory panel.

But all in all I'm very happy with the Mooney!

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Further to last night's M20R stuttering left hand turn exit from Orbx Southampton in P3D v4, I ran some more tests this morning.

Using it in P3D v3.4, + AS16 & FPS pegged at 30, it ran ok around 22 FPS, apart from a couple of micro stutters during the left turn near the rail yards.

Back on v4 I recorded a variety of Alabeo aircraft idling on the taxi way at Southampton.

With AS16, GPS530 turned on & FPS set to Unlimited.

Data:

M20R HD: 40FPS average. (all data is +/- approx 5 FPS as it moves around)

M20R Lite: 44 FPS

C441 Conquest II: 46 FPS

PA22: 48 FPS

Aztec: 44 FPS

I then flew the M20R HD out again & when turning left had heavy stuttering over the houses near the rail yards. FPS bounced between 8 FPS to 25 FPS.

Next I took the Aztec over the same take off path & had the same heavy stuttering as the M20R.

So I don't think it is unique to the M20R.

I suspect my v4 isn't set up correctly yet & Orbx Southampton may be FPS hungry.

So far I am  enjoying the M20R. Found I have to hold in a fist full of right rudder during heavy take off acceleration, & the nose dips slightly when I pull full flaps on approach.

Is this behavior in line with the full size?

T45

4 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

Further to last night's M20R stuttering left hand turn exit from Orbx Southampton in P3D v4, I ran some more tests this morning.

Using it in P3D v3.4, + AS16 & FPS pegged at 30, it ran ok around 22 FPS, apart from a couple of micro stutters during the left turn near the rail yards.

Back on v4 I recorded a variety of Alabeo aircraft idling on the taxi way at Southampton.

With AS16, GPS530 turned on & FPS set to Unlimited.

Data:

M20R HD: 40FPS average. (all data is +/- approx 5 FPS as it moves around)

M20R Lite: 44 FPS

C441 Conquest II: 46 FPS

PA22: 48 FPS

Aztec: 44 FPS

I then flew the M20R HD out again & when turning left had heavy stuttering over the houses near the rail yards. FPS bounced between 8 FPS to 25 FPS.

Next I took the Aztec over the same take off path & had the same heavy stuttering as the M20R.

So I don't think it is unique to the M20R.

I suspect my v4 isn't set up correctly yet & Orbx Southampton may be FPS hungry.

So far I am  enjoying the M20R. Found I have to hold in a fist full of right rudder during heavy take off acceleration, & the nose dips slightly when I pull full flaps on approach.

Is this behavior in line with the full size?

T45

I read that the M20R requires almost full up trim with the flaps all down due to that big old heavy engine. Also due to the nose high design it requires a good bit of extra nose high flare to avoid touching down nose first. Something like 3 or 4 degrees extra. just fixing to try it. I hate most of the Carenado stuff but love that cockpit layout. I hope Bert and some of the guys can help iron out the bugs.How does it feel hand flying. I hope not on a string!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

5 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

I read that the M20R requires almost full up trim with the flaps all down due to that big old heavy engine. Also due to the nose high design it requires a good bit of extra nose high flare to avoid touching down nose first. Something like 3 or 4 degrees extra. just fixing to try it.

Have a link?  I'll be interested in your test.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

42 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

How does it feel hand flying. I hope not on a string!!

It hand flies partly "very nice", and partly "Alabeo". 

It is nice to hand fly, (nicer than a lot of other Alabeo/Carenado) but it does still have that feel that they all seem to have.  You know you're not flying a RealAir, A2A or Milviz C310.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

3 minutes ago, JYW said:

It hand flies partly "very nice", and partly "Alabeo". 

It is nice to hand fly, (nicer than a lot of other Alabeo/Carenado) but it does still have that feel that they all seem to have.  You know you're not flying a RealAir, A2A or Milviz C310.

Thanks....you saved me from being victimized by these guys again. Too bad it is such a nice picture of a plane. Maybe a real developer will step out and give us a nice quick modern single to fly some day.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

Just now, shivers9 said:

Thanks....you saved me from being victimized by these guys again. Too bad it is such a nice picture of a plane. Maybe a real developer will step out and give us a nice quick modern single to fly some day.

Don't get me wrong - I really like it, it's good fun and I don't regret the purchase (it's nothing like some of the dogs they've released, such as their Cessna 400 Corvalis).  It's just that it ultimately feels like an alabeo plane in very nice dressing.

Bill

2 minutes ago, JYW said:

Don't get me wrong - I really like it, it's good fun and I don't regret the purchase (it's nothing like some of the dogs they've released, such as their Cessna 400 Corvalis).  It's just that it ultimately feels like an alabeo plane in very nice dressing.

Yep...I get it but I will stick with the Comanchee for now. These guys don't if try anymore. Too easy to churn out trash and collect the cash.

Sam

37 minutes ago, JYW said:

You know you're not flying a RealAir, A2A or Milviz C310.

Ouch.  That's going to need some of this...

water-jel-burn-jel-bb004-lg.jpg

:blink:

Gregg Seipp

I recently read an article on the real M20R's and it mentioned two batteries are used. As such the pilot should alternate between the two batteries with each flight. Anyway I see the two batteries are not modelled in this Alabeo offering and the switch for them is not functional. I also noticed the cold and dark shortcut button does not set the fuel selector to the off position, and that is fine as I do it manually anyway. However when you load up the aircraft the next time, the fuel selector is back to the left tank again no matter where you last left it, or if you hit the Cold and Dark at any time.

I flew it for an hour today and really like it, but I'm just a simmer with no RW experience. I love the looks of the Mooney's in general and really like the included livery's this came with. Also cockpit night lighting was done fairly well for this price point, and that's important to me as I like flying at night too. I don't fly 1/2 of the planes in my hanger at night because of the poorly executed cockpit night lighting. I never compare Carenado/Alabeo to all my A2A and Real Air as it's not apples to apples. You get what you pay for and I'm pretty happy with this one, and will be even more so when a patch is issued.

Love Airplanes and American Muscle Cars

23 hours ago, Lmaire said:

Here, the radio master switch doesn't work and the magneto/start switch as well.  Turning the STBY VAC switch changes nothing on the advisory panel (maybe it's not a bug and finally is there a switch to activate the speed brake?

FWIW both my radio master switch and magneto switch work fine. STBY vac switch does not seem to do anything just like yours.  

Anybody see a Hobbs meter anywhere?

Love Airplanes and American Muscle Cars

4 hours ago, JYW said:

You know you're not flying a RealAir, A2A or Milviz C310.

Now there's something beautiful to ponder... A2A doing a Mooney! (Be still my beating heart!!) :biggrin:

Greg

• Upvote 1

Where does one find the place where "fixes needed" for the M20R are being submitted?

T45

23 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Where does one find the place where "fixes needed" for the M20R are being submitted?

T45

Alabeo don't have an official support forum (and don't view the unofficial forum here at AVSIM), so they will only act upon emailed reports of issues,    It's therefore a good idea that as many people as possible email through the bugs we've found.   It's  support@alabeo.com

Bill