Marko Bojbasa

FSX LAG PROBLEM

Recommended Posts

Hi,guys i flying on FSX SE for about year and about two weeks ago i got some lags,in the air i have about 30 to 35 FPS but i have some lags when I moving camera and on the ground same with GSX I didn't have this problem before and i didn't install anything, I've tried to reinstall FSX and nothing changed,i didn't have this before, and if you know how to fix this problem please answer on this, happy flying all ✈️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Before..before what? Have you updated anything or installed anything or made any changes very recently? I keep a written log, just in case! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm finding that Windows10 updates definitely affect my FSX and gaming experience. It is the ONLY thing that changes often times.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mithras said:

Before..before what? Have you updated anything or installed anything or made any changes very recently? I keep a written log, just in case! 

Before two weeks ago,and then lags strated,i have install pmdg777 and than started i have tried to delite pmdg and reinstall fsx but  nothing happen

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, VeryBumpy said:

I'm finding that Windows10 updates definitely affect my FSX and gaming experience. It is the ONLY thing that changes often times.

Yes I'm using windows 10,but I'm not sure that there was any updates there?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am old school, still using Windows Vista, FSX runs stably in that configuration.  I knew the OS upgrades would break something, always avoided jumping in.  Once on a stable platform I keep with it.  Eight years now my system has ran FSX with no hacks or changes.  My motto is get a stable system, then invest, whatever the OS you prefer.  Do a burnout of your rig,there are free testers out there, it will help you optimize your OS and hardware.

John

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cactus521 said:

I am old school, still using Windows Vista, FSX runs stably in that configuration.  I knew the OS upgrades would break something, always avoided jumping in.  Once on a stable platform I keep with it.  Eight years now my system has ran FSX with no hacks or changes.  My motto is get a stable system, then invest, whatever the OS you prefer.  Do a burnout of your rig,there are free testers out there, it will help you optimize your OS and hardware.

John

yhank you,be sure I will try:happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VeryBumpy said:

I'm finding that Windows10 updates definitely affect my FSX and gaming experience. It is the ONLY thing that changes often times.

Just to give an alternative view, I have had every update (excluding drivers) since I installed Win 10 and none of them have had any noticeable effect on FSX or any other game that I play. If updates had some fundamental effect on system performance, particularly in games, I'm sure that the Internet would be overwhelmed with complaints (especially from gamers, who are usually very vocal about this sort of thing) and that doesn't appear to be the case. You have my sympathies if an update has affected you, but most people seem to be generally unaffected by them. Remember that there are quite a number of other (non-OS) apps and drivers which can update automatically and could just as easily be causing your problems - antivirus, anti-malware, Flash Player, browser updates and many others that update automatically by default if you do nothing to stop them.

That's not to say that OS updates can't affect your system. There's always going to be some combination of hardware and software that Microsoft hasn't tested which could cause issues - there must be an almost infinite number of possible system configurations that they have to contend with. If a problem suddenly appears, and you are certain you haven't changed or installed anything, just check the date of the last update on your system and see if it corresponds with the start of the problem. If so, it's easy enough to uninstall an update to confirm that it really was the cause of your problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

I am old school, still using Windows Vista, FSX runs stably in that configuration.  I knew the OS upgrades would break something, always avoided jumping in.  Once on a stable platform I keep with it.  Eight years now my system has ran FSX with no hacks or changes.  My motto is get a stable system, then invest, whatever the OS you prefer.  Do a burnout of your rig,there are free testers out there, it will help you optimize your OS and hardware.

John

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Marko Bojbasa said:

Hi,guys i flying on FSX SE for about year and about two weeks ago i got some lags,in the air i have about 30 to 35 FPS but i have some lags when I moving camera and on the ground same with GSX I didn't have this problem before and i didn't install anything, I've tried to reinstall FSX and nothing changed,i didn't have this before, and if you know how to fix this problem please answer on this, happy flying all ✈️

Do me a favor.  Backup your FSX.cfg, then delete the original file.  Also, please delete your Shaders folder (you can find out how to do this by searching the forums, but let me know if you can't find it).  Then restart FSX.  Then check your frame rates and let us know how it worked out.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Do me a favor.  Backup your FSX.cfg, then delete the original file.  Also, please delete your Shaders folder (you can find out how to do this by searching the forums, but let me know if you can't find it).  Then restart FSX.  Then check your frame rates and let us know how it worked out.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

 

Do you mean to reinstall FSX and than put original cfg file? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not at all.  Simply back up, then delete your FSX.CFG file and your shaders, then restart FSX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Not at all.  Simply back up, then delete your FSX.CFG file and your shaders, then restart FSX

How to restart?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Just click on the FSX Icon as you always do.

 

oh ok but i cant find how to delete shader folder,do you know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, look on the right side of this page for the "AVSIM CTD Guide". Click on it to open the associated PDF file and then search for "Shader".  It will take you right to the procedure.  I beleive it will also help you to delete your FSX.CFG file if you need help with doing it.

Best wishes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Sure, look on the right side of this page for the "AVSIM CTD Guide". Click on it to open the associated PDF file and then search for "Shader".  It will take you right to the procedure.  I beleive it will also help you to delete your FSX.CFG file if you need help with doing it.

Best wishes.

 

it work but FPS are so bad now in cockpit,doyou know how to fix that?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If that made things worse, then you have something different going on because all we did was change your settings back to default, and if anything you're frame rates should have improved.

My recommendation would be to read through the AVSIM FSX SETUP MANUAL located on the right side of this page.

Since you've been flying FSX for over a year, you know how hard FSX is on a system and that each system, no matter how similar, is very different from the next.  You'll have to figure what has changed on your system, and do what is recommended in the referenced guide in order to groom your system for running FSX.  There is no one setting or fix that will work for everyone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now