Von Target

Austin cares about the Moon and Sun, after all...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

How did I know who started this thread, just from the title? :laugh:

• Upvote 8

GPS? Ugh...go follow your little magenta lines you magenta loving zombies. Radio based navigation? Pfft...used by a bunch of wimps. Pilotage? Dead reckoning? Please don't make me laugh. REAL pilots use celestial navigation :laugh:

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, snglecoil said:

GPS? Ugh...go follow your little magenta lines you magenta loving zombies. Radio based navigation? Pfft...used by a bunch of wimps. Pilotage? Dead reckoning? Please don't make me laugh. REAL pilots use celestial navigation :laugh:

REALer pilots use celestial navigation when it's overcast, on a moonless night and flying IN A SHOEBOX!! So there.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

How did I know who started this thread, just from the title? :laugh:

Educated guess? :biggrin:

That's not an eclipse you're seeing, it's just the moon. X-Plane (like all other flight simulators, except maybe Orbiter) does not model eclipses.

11 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

Are you sure, it faded in and out a number of times.

Mmm... You should make a video or a series of screenshots to see what's going on. I tried in XP11 and the eclipse does not show.

It doesn't, in XP11.05.

Maybe Jude's remarks were regarding XP10

Tried at various locations, although one would perfectly suffice... at the USA along the full eclipse band, and also in Norway ( Bergen ).  Nothing even close - not even any hint of Moon, but then, it was supposed to be full, anyway...

Sometimes XP is in schedule with reality, but most of the time it isn't, both regarding Moon placement and phase, as well as daylight / twilight...

I was using XP 11.02, I was getting twilight in and out a couple of times, where it would fade completely dark and back to daylight about 5 or 6 times, I was flying from ENGM to ENBR - luckily daylight arrived again just on approach :)