Sign in to follow this  
jcjimmy

11.05r2 is out

5 hours ago, sparkie66 said:

Every calculation by the fms in the ixeg stalls xp11 for several seconds now. Anyone else experience this?

That has been an issue since the addon was released.  It has been discussed and acknowledged by the devs over on x-pilot.  Google "ixeg heartbeat stutter" and you'll see the first result.  They said they would look into it for a future update but that it may be hard to eliminate (i'm paraphrasing my understanding of the discussion, you can search for it over there).  Anyway, it's not an issue specific to the 11.05r2 update.

Ryan

1 hour ago, sparkie66 said:

I never have AV on when simming

The default windows defender sometimes resets and turns itself back on after windows updates. I would be very surprised if this is not the case here.

36 minutes ago, rjack1282 said:

That has been an issue since the addon was released.  It has been discussed and acknowledged by the devs over on x-pilot.  Google "ixeg heartbeat stutter" and you'll see the first result.  They said they would look into it for a future update but that it may be hard to eliminate (i'm paraphrasing my understanding of the discussion, you can search for it over there).  Anyway, it's not an issue specific to the 11.05r2 update.

These are actually two different issues. The first one is an antivirus doing a live-check on in-out data that is accessed by the FMS code while there is a route modification. This is a very noticable pause, which litterally brings the framerate down into the single digits. It can be easily cured by setting up an exception in your antivirus live-scan for the X-Plane folder.

The second is the "heartbeat"  periodic slowdown in framerate which is always running and is a lot more subtle and varies wildly from system to system and also with user perception.

Jan

17 minutes ago, Janov said:

These are actually two different issues.

Agreed.  I was referring to the heartbeat issue only with otherwise consistent, high FPS.  User perception is a good point.  While I easily perceive the heartbeat stuttering, I still fly the 733 more than any other plane right now.  So for me it's a small issue when weighed against the strength of the addon as a whole.  But it nonetheless exists and should be looked into which I am confident your team will do.  

• Upvote 1

Ryan

Sadly, IXEG:s fms feels like badly programmed. The hickups could probably have been avoided by developing a threaded plugin. But is that possible with Gizmo and LUA?

9 minutes ago, Vantskruv said:

fms feels like badly programmed.

your comment is too harsh Gosta and I totally disagree, I think IXEG have done a great job and the 737 will only get better.

Software/add-on's are never 100% efficient nor completed, it takes several revisions to reach maturity and that takes time. Do yo think you could have done a better job?

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Yeah, maybe I am too harsh. Sorry for that, but still so, the end-result makes me not wanna fly the airplane. The hitchups kills me, and I do not want to turn off any anti-virus too. But it is great airplane for sure. :)

8 minutes ago, Vantskruv said:

I do not want to turn off any anti-virus too

You don't have too, just include XPlane 11 folder into the AV scan exception list.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

We're getting there! I get 50-60fps stable with ALL sliders to MAX, except HDR+SSAO and anti-aliasing to NONE but in NVIDIA settings with anti-aliasing on x16, 3840x2160 with a GTX 1070. Outside cockpit 90+fps, inside 55-60fps stable.

4 hours ago, Janov said:

The default windows defender sometimes resets and turns itself back on after windows updates. I would be very surprised if this is not the case here.

Windows doing stuff without user permission hah! Impossible :laugh:

-Roland