Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

GTN750 For P3dv4 and Realair Duke?

Now that the GTN750 has been released for P3Dv4 is their away to install it into the RealAir Duke panel?

Thanks

Bill McCracken

Not native support but Bert Pieke did a mod to have it showed up in the GNS530 frame.  Just Google for it for the info and PM Bert to get the mod.  

• Upvote 1

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Hi,

I don't know about yours, but my Duke Turbine V2 supports the GTN750 natively. Just use the 'GPS & Radios' tab in the duke's control panel to select the GTN750.

Maarten

• Upvote 1

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Me too!  But I think you have to have the Duke installed by addon method. 

Config app is in addon folder

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

40 minutes ago, Dean33 said:

.. have to have the Duke installed by addon method. 

The add-on.xml installation method is not needed. This method was not even used when the duke came out. On my machine the control panel is here: ...Prepar3D v4\RealAir\duketv2p3d2\Config Panel.exe

Maarten

54 minutes ago, Dean33 said:

Config app is in addon folder

How did you get this working? I have edited the config files manually - a nice 750/650 stack but it would be easier if the config app worked.

David Porrett

42 minutes ago, DavidP said:

How did you get this working? I have edited the config files manually - a nice 750/650 stack but it would be easier if the config app worked.

Point the installer at your main P3Dv4 folder. Then in that folder go to the RealAir folder.  Then open the duketv2p3d2 folder.  Then open the AutoPlay folder. Then open Files Folder.   Right click on the Config file and choose edit.  At the very bottom change the gps types as follows.    

gps1.type=750

gps2.type=650

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

6 hours ago, mawibo said:

Hi,

I don't know about yours, but my Duke Turbine V2 supports the GTN750 natively. Just use the 'GPS & Radios' tab in the duke's control panel to select the GTN750.

Maarten

The OP asked about the original Duke V2 (Piston) RealAir was working on a P3D version but dropped it after closing shop.  The FSX Duke V2 works fine in P3D (using the XML sound gauge (now 64 bit also) and Bert did a mod to also use the GTN 750 with this one after he learned that RealAir is not going to bring the Duke V2 into P3D.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Hi Vu,

The OP did not specify piston or turbine.

Maarten

3 hours ago, YukonPete said:

Point the installer at your main P3Dv4 folder. Then in that folder go to the RealAir folder.  Then open the duketv2p3d2 folder.  Then open the AutoPlay folder. Then open Files Folder.   Right click on the Config file and choose edit.  At the very bottom change the gps types as follows.    

gps1.type=750

gps2.type=650

Thanks Pete. I installed it outside of the P3D folder in accordance with the "preferred" install method. Haven't had a chance to look at it - does that make a difference?

David Porrett