macpilot

GTN750 For P3dv4 and Realair Duke?

Recommended Posts

Now that the GTN750 has been released for P3Dv4 is their away to install it into the RealAir Duke panel?

 

Thanks

Bill McCracken

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Not native support but Bert Pieke did a mod to have it showed up in the GNS530 frame.  Just Google for it for the info and PM Bert to get the mod.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,

I don't know about yours, but my Duke Turbine V2 supports the GTN750 natively. Just use the 'GPS & Radios' tab in the duke's control panel to select the GTN750.

Maarten

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Me too!  But I think you have to have the Duke installed by addon method. 

Config app is in addon folder

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Dean33 said:

.. have to have the Duke installed by addon method. 

The add-on.xml installation method is not needed. This method was not even used when the duke came out. On my machine the control panel is here: ...Prepar3D v4\RealAir\duketv2p3d2\Config Panel.exe

Maarten

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, Dean33 said:

Config app is in addon folder

How did you get this working? I have edited the config files manually - a nice 750/650 stack but it would be easier if the config app worked.

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, DavidP said:

How did you get this working? I have edited the config files manually - a nice 750/650 stack but it would be easier if the config app worked.

Point the installer at your main P3Dv4 folder. Then in that folder go to the RealAir folder.  Then open the duketv2p3d2 folder.  Then open the AutoPlay folder. Then open Files Folder.   Right click on the Config file and choose edit.  At the very bottom change the gps types as follows.    

 gps1.type=750

 gps2.type=650

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, mawibo said:

Hi,

I don't know about yours, but my Duke Turbine V2 supports the GTN750 natively. Just use the 'GPS & Radios' tab in the duke's control panel to select the GTN750.

Maarten

The OP asked about the original Duke V2 (Piston) RealAir was working on a P3D version but dropped it after closing shop.  The FSX Duke V2 works fine in P3D (using the XML sound gauge (now 64 bit also) and Bert did a mod to also use the GTN 750 with this one after he learned that RealAir is not going to bring the Duke V2 into P3D.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Vu,

The OP did not specify piston or turbine.

Maarten

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, YukonPete said:

Point the installer at your main P3Dv4 folder. Then in that folder go to the RealAir folder.  Then open the duketv2p3d2 folder.  Then open the AutoPlay folder. Then open Files Folder.   Right click on the Config file and choose edit.  At the very bottom change the gps types as follows.    

 gps1.type=750

 gps2.type=650

Thanks Pete. I installed it outside of the P3D folder in accordance with the "preferred" install method. Haven't had a chance to look at it - does that make a difference?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now