n4gix

Fixing Dweezil Zappa's Guitar

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

LoL, guitar repairs.

But it was broken by an airline...... :biggrin:

It must be a nice feeling of accomplishment to be able to restore something like that. Just imagine how proud he would be at getting a damaged 200 year old violin back in working order.

wowzer Fr. Bill...incredible story! Glad to see another Zappa fan. My sons and I have seen Dweezil 3 times in the last 5 years.

Brother Bill,

Pure joy to see this thread and watch the video! Great! Great! Great!

Kind regards,

To add to this music discussion, anyone who is into synth playing and programming needs to have fun on this site:

http://www.audiosauna.com/studio/

I used to play the keyboards, this site emulates FM and Analog synths and will let you play and record your efforts.  Clicking a mouse button on a webpage can be a lot of fun. 

If you like the Steel Pan from the Caribbean, you will also like this link for making some cool sounds.  Ja Man!

http://keywestcalypso.com/j_wist_webpan.html

John

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Henry Street said:

wowzer Fr. Bill...incredible story! Glad to see another Zappa fan. My sons and I have seen Dweezil 3 times in the last 5 years.

I was (and still am) a fan of Frank Zappa. For some reason his peculiar and somewhat warped sense of musical humour appealed to my youthful soul. Of course it may have been something else in my pipe that was the proximate cause...

...the late sixties and early seventies were rather strange as I recall. :laugh:

17 minutes ago, n4gix said:

I was (and still am) a fan of Frank Zappa. For some reason his peculiar and somewhat warped sense of musical humour appealed to my youthful soul. Of course it may have been something else in my pipe that was the proximate cause...

...the late sixties and early seventies were rather strange as I recall. :laugh:

LOL..yes there was "something" in the air :-)

Dweezil and band does his father great devotion, keeping the sardonically iconoclastic spirit of the music alive as well as accurately playing it.

Done a few fixes and made a few guitars over the years, and I have to say they did a really nice job of fixing that one.

Here's one of mine that I made: This is a replica of a much loved Telecaster Thinline which belonged to me but was stolen from a rehearsal room many years ago. I missed that one so much I decided to make a copy of it, so I made it from custom components; the observant among you will note that I did a little tweak when I added the Fender logo and serial number, to ensure nobody would be able to pass this one off as a genuine original Fender if they should steal it. I'm pretty sure Fender don't have a guitar factory in the back of a wardrobe:

mD8xMVl.jpg

• Upvote 1

Classic British humour! I love it!:biggrin:

On 9/3/2017 at 10:26 AM, n4gix said:

Bill, still remember you and I and Bobby Hayes in Orlando laughing 'til our guts hurt over your hilarious "sixties" tales. What a long strange trip it's been indeed...:cool::biggrin::blink:

• Upvote 1