Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Future US Payware Airports

Does anyone know of any future US payware airports that developers are working on that aren't out now for any P3d?  I was curious if there were any rumors or info on some that I might not know of.  I have heard there is an KORD out but is far from complete.  Other airports I am surprised that are not available would be the following:

KPHL, KPIT, KCLE, KBNA, KSEA, KDTW, KBWI, KCMH - or even some popular regional airports would be nice.  I realize this is not an easy task but was just curious as to any plans for any of these (or others) to be release.  KORD is the one I want the most since I can't figure out a way to get the new runway config working in v4. 

Also, any word on when ORBX KJAC will be ready?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

2 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Does anyone know of any future US payware airports that developers are working on that aren't out now for any P3d?  I was curious if there were any rumors or info on some that I might not know of.  I have heard there is an KORD out but is far from complete.  Other airports I am surprised that are not available would be the following:

KPHL, KPIT, KCLE, KBNA, KSEA, KDTW, KBWI, KCMH - or even some popular regional airports would be nice.  I realize this is not an easy task but was just curious as to any plans for any of these (or others) to be release.  KORD is the one I want the most since I can't figure out a way to get the new runway config working in v4. 

Also, any word on when ORBX KJAC will be ready?

There's a high-quality KBWI here on the library. I'm not sure if it's compatible with v4:

Sunskyjet is working on a freeware but payware quality KDTW. It's been WIP for a long time but apparently we won't have much longer to wait. . I'd be extremely surprised if it isn't v4 compatible on release day. Sunskyjet also has a very, very good rendition of KPHL that apparently works fine in v4. 

SXAD has a rendition of Nashville for P3D. No p3d v4 specific installers yet however according to their facebook page it works in v4.

Not on your list, but FSDreamteam is working on KSDF

Finally, Drzwiecki is working on KSEA and the surrounding area for XPlane- although I haven't seen anything about this product for P3D, it's standard practice for them to release sceneries for both sims. Until they release an official v4 version (if they do that is), you can try taxi2gate's KSEA. It isn't officially v4 compatible yet but apparently works fine in v4 along with their other airports 

Take any statements about compatibility with a grain of salt! I don't own v4 and have not used P3D for a while now (XPlane 11 4 lyfe baby!), so whatever I say about compatibility is based on various threads online, not personal experience. 

EDIT: Welp, I removed the links so this post stays up in light of Jim's new announcement. 

• Upvote 1

Here are the few that I know of:

Flightbeam PDX

FlyTampa LAS and ATL

Pacsim RNO

LatinVFR BWI

TropicalSim ABQ

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

FSDT is doing KPIT.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Fly Tampa is also updating KBOS for P3DV4.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Glad to hear that, KBOS from Fly Tampa has been pretty high on my list lately; knowing they are working on a new version I'll wait this one out.

Used to fly up there on a regular basis for business when I lived in Dallas.  Scariest landing ever was coming into KBOS during a rainstorm...you could feel the tension in the cabin...no one was saying a word and we were on a rollercoaster on the approach....I had a window seat and it felt like once we were over the runway the plane just wouldn't settle- it floated for what seemed like forever; somehow we got stopped in time though.

Coming back I had the honor and privilege of flying on a MD-11 that was, at most, 20% occupied and configured for international travel - once back at Dallas it was scheduled to leave for London.  Everyone had blankets, pillows, magazines, proper attention from the staff, soft drinks, food....bliss!   My best flight ever.  Got to sleep that late night flight laying across 3 seats with the arm rests up.

Mark Trainer