737guy1

SVMI-SVMD (Learjet 25)

Recommended Posts

Just enjoying the new OpenLC and the amazing Learjet 25 from Xtreme Prototypes!

 

The flight into SVMD (Merida, Venezuela) is very scenic!  The scenery I used for the aiport is freeware: http://www.fs2000.org/2015/12/10/fsxp3d-scenery-merida-svmd/

 

37245397175_38f4896434_o.jpg2017-9-15_10-59-15-190 by Mitch Haughee

 

37245401385_6094c7b9e6_o.jpg2017-9-15_11-30-56-930 by Mitch Haughee

 

37245399045_d1dfcfc4b7_o.jpg2017-9-15_11-42-38-739 by Mitch Haughee

 

Hope you enjoyed looking!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nice aircraft!  Does it have a virtual cabin?  And how is the VC, is it immersive and realistic?

John

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

Nice aircraft!  Does it have a virtual cabin?  And how is the VC, is it immersive and realistic?

John

 

Yes, to all of the above.  It is all very well done, inside and out.  With 2.1 being out, the simulation itself is about as real as it gets.  The only knock I have on it is that I believe it to be over-powered.  I have adjusted the .air and .cfg files to my liking.  If anyone else feels this way about it feel free to let me know and I can give you my files and see if you like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 737guy1 said:

Yes, to all of the above.  It is all very well done, inside and out.  With 2.1 being out, the simulation itself is about as real as it gets.  The only knock I have on it is that I believe it to be over-powered.  I have adjusted the .air and .cfg files to my liking.  If anyone else feels this way about it feel free to let me know and I can give you my files and see if you like it.

Yes, sometimes I have run into underpowered or overpowered aircraft that require a few tweaks.  Carenado's Mirage is the closest to specs I''ve seen when cruise power is applied.  It also lands at Piper's advertised touchdown speeds.  I also like their 525, those are currently the only two add-ons I have for P3D since their A36 fills the niche for piston driven aircraft.  I will probably add the Cardinal at some point just because I find it one of the sleekest looking piston aircraft.  Might also add the Premier but I will take my time enjoying what I have.  Currently I have a flight in progress, the Mirage from Napa to Reno at FL180.  Flying it over my MSE V2 California scenery.  I don't plan on getting California V3, since the V2 scenery blends in well with my FSEarthtiles resolution, having a small footprint and impact on the sim.  It looks excellent in the flight levels and even at 1000 foot AGL it looks good.  It took half a day to download and install though!  It did not recognize P3d V4, so I had to manually add it to my scenery.cfg, thus it ended well.

I might get the Lear 25, love the Learjets, the 24 is my favorite!  I remember the Lear in the early versions of MSFS, we've come a long way!  Kudos to third party developers and their hard work.

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real Lear 25 is quite powerful - I haven't flown it in a while but I'd guess its close to realistic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They worked with a Learjet 25 pilot during development and he makes a few statements in the manual regarding this model, so I suspect the performance is pretty realistic. You really have to manage the power in this beast, more than once I've heard the over speed buzzer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My logic comes from watching footage of the aircraft.  If you watch it, or look at flightaware data on climb rates, there's a discrepancy.  This addon out of the box will having you at mtow going up at 3000fpm in the 30000s.  No way lol.  It's not that good.  Not without bleeding off a ton of airspeed to briefly reach that rate at that altitude.  And 90 percent rpm climb? Sure. But you're not going to pull over 6000fpm at low altitude.  Not unless you're super light.  And at cruise you have to bring power back into the 70s like 75 on the rpm.  Which the real aircraft is cruising using about 90 percent rpm.  I've got mine up to 86-87 and that's the best I can do with the simulator limitation.  

 

The 25 is 3000lbs lighter than the 35 at mtow.  And that's mostly because it has smaller wings I think.  It also has 1000 lbs LESS total thrust than the 35.  I believe the max climb rate is 6300fpm in a Lear 25? And the 35 is around 4300?  My point is those numbers differ so much not because the 25 is a miracle jet, but because the 25 is limited on how much weight it can carry because of the wings.  So it will climb faster on less powerful engines than the 35 because of that decrease in weight. And slightly less drag because the engines have a Lower profile.  

 

Obviously most of this is just my opinion and I'm not a real pilot! :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes sense, good to check out RW flights using flightaware, will have to check that out. I use it for routes but didn't think to use it for RW climb rates!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But they're also more concerned about fuel economy...  so they'll be at reduced power settings.  

In the sim I'm not paying for gas - if the acft can do it - I'll push it to MMO ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

But they're also more concerned about fuel economy...  so they'll be at reduced power settings.  

In the sim I'm not paying for gas - if the acft can do it - I'll push it to MMO ha!

I'm at Mach .8 at 86-87 rpm.  At that altitude it will go to 90-93 rpm.  So it's still reduced thrust for cruise, but a more realistic value in my opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2017 at 7:31 PM, 737guy1 said:

Just enjoying the new OpenLC and the amazing Learjet 25 from Xtreme Prototypes!

 

The flight into SVMD (Merida, Venezuela) is very scenic!  The scenery I used for the aiport is freeware: http://www.fs2000.org/2015/12/10/fsxp3d-scenery-merida-svmd/

 

37245397175_38f4896434_o.jpg2017-9-15_10-59-15-190 by Mitch Haughee

 

37245401385_6094c7b9e6_o.jpg2017-9-15_11-30-56-930 by Mitch Haughee

 

37245399045_d1dfcfc4b7_o.jpg2017-9-15_11-42-38-739 by Mitch Haughee

 

Hope you enjoyed looking!

Hi! 

Great shoots!!  SVMD it's a hard approach, between mountains. This repaint it's available?  Where I can download?  Only found some November's and YV3087.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now