Sign in to follow this  
IOWA

LA PALMA X: AI-OBJECTS FLOATING IN THE SKY

Some days ago I downloaded La Palma X and installed the program on my computer (Windows 10, 64 bit)

Then I started my FSX Steam Edition and opened a free flight from La Palma airport.

When I looked around on the airport I noticed several AI-objects, such as airplanes, ground vehicles, etc. floating in the sky.

I have included 2 screenshots showing this event.

I would be very pleased if somebody could tell me what went wrong.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Ao_CzVgWFVVEJZaDlXR2ZJZlk/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Ao_CzVgWFVUDROSlZYVHVvQVk/view?usp=sharing

Probably a conflicting AFCAD. For example, if you are using MyTraffic X you should go into your MyTraffic folder/scenery and rename the relevant .bgl file (BR2_GCLA.BGL) to BR2_GCLA.BGL.bak. Also, make sure your scenery is in the correct order.

Cheers.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

20 hours ago, speedyTC said:

Probably a conflicting AFCAD. For example, if you are using MyTraffic X you should go into your MyTraffic folder/scenery and rename the relevant .bgl file (BR2_GCLA.BGL) to BR2_GCLA.BGL.bak. Also, make sure your scenery is in the correct order.

Cheers.

I don't use MyTraffic X, instead I use AI Flight Planner.

As a test, I disabled all GCLA scenery, except the default La Palma Airport APX 43220 in Base 0502

Then I flew over the airport and made some strange pictures:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Ao_CzVgWFVLVNkVHhnaW1wWFU/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Ao_CzVgWFVZXd5QnRULVU1Z0U/view?usp=sharing

What's going on here?!?

What is your Mesh and Texture Resolution set to? 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

As i recall La Palma X is notorious for elevation problems; possible culprits include duplicate AFCADs and add-on mesh products.  Head to the Aerosoft forums for discussions and various solutions - in fact, looks like the topic is pinned at the top of their scenery forum

Hans Soule

Hello flibinite,

Indeed, I use also add-on scenery for the Canary Islands from other parties as well. But I switched them off and on, one by one. to see the difference. But the floating AI-objects remain.

I posted this problem already at the Aerosoft Forum. But from that side I didn't get a satisfactory solution until now.

Just for 'fun'...suggest instead of only disabling those sceneries, temporarily remove them from the sim, or rename all the ".bgl" extensions to something like ".off" (you can just add ".off" to the end of them, for example "filename.bgl.off". I've had cases, such as with Orbx global airports, where disabling the scenery wasn't enough to resolve conflicts, even when Orbx was both disabled and below the preferred scenery in the library

Hans Soule

I know that many Global vector scenery like Orbx or UTX throw elevation files in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder and they are turned on or off as you want.  If you could find a elevation file there which might be covering the La Palma Islands, you can disable it by placing the .OFF extension at the end of the file.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello flibinite and Jim Young:

I have found the problem. It was indeed in the  Scenery/World/Scenery folder. There was a file "GCLA_vacio_ADE_ASS.BGL". I disabled it and the problem was solved. I don't know where this file came from.

Thank you and all the other members of the forum for your advises and suggestions.

I shall inform the Aerosoft Forum accordingly

Best Regards