bpollock

Synthetic Vision

Recommended Posts

A bit premature as I'm sure not too many people have yet to test this new bird, but how is the Synthetic Vision on FPS, and what is the cost past the 1 year included subscription?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

according to the guy that developed websimconnect, there is no pricing structure yet, but IF there is going to be one its likely less than 10$/year

 

as for the performance: on my system which is pretty low end these days i can run the "very high" setting with 0 FPS impact and very minimal bandwidth requirements....i cant wait to see that system in other planes (phenom 300! please!)...it works extremely well and looks close enough to the real deal to not be immersion breaking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should the synthetic vision activate automatically or do I need to activate it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheLurk said:

according to the guy that developed websimconnect, there is no pricing structure yet, but IF there is going to be one its likely less than 10$/year

 

as for the performance: on my system which is pretty low end these days i can run the "very high" setting with 0 FPS impact and very minimal bandwidth requirements....i cant wait to see that system in other planes (phenom 300! please!)...it works extremely well and looks close enough to the real deal to not be immersion breaking

What does the SVS do?

TT45

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, this looks pretty amazing... A C172SP with a fully functional VNAV/LNAV G1000 with Navigraph support that also includes synthetic vision for 34.95? Am I dreaming? Has Carenado just upped their game several hundred notches? :O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jocko Flocko said:

Wow, this looks pretty amazing... A C172SP with a fully functional VNAV/LNAV G1000 with Navigraph support that also includes synthetic vision for 34.95? Am I dreaming? Has Carenado just upped their game several hundred notches? :O

Nope, not dreaming. Still buggy. G1000 is still a marginal upgrade over the default GPS. That said, the SVS is cool. Just wish I could get it to work without error after error.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, N2382R said:

Nope, not dreaming. Still buggy. G1000 is still a marginal upgrade over the default GPS. That said, the SVS is cool. Just wish I could get it to work without error after error.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll wait until it's patched and the bugs are worked out of it. For my money right now it doesn't get any better than the A2A 172 running a Flight 1 GTN 750 in terms of realism. Wouldn't it be absolutely amazing if Garmin developed and released a fully functional G1000 trainer? Heaven... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jocko Flocko said:

Thanks for the heads up, I'll wait until it's patched and the bugs are worked out of it. For my money right now it doesn't get any better than the A2A 172 running a Flight 1 GTN 750 in terms of realism. Wouldn't it be absolutely amazing if Garmin developed and released a fully functional G1000 trainer? Heaven... :)

Don't get me wrong. It's still a good bird, just depends how much value you place on the eye candy. The A2A with the GTN is the way to go for now though.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now