Sign in to follow this  
Cyrex1984

X-Plane 11.10 Beta

Steering issues is not something new to me, I ,actually, encounter the issue at the moment I moved from FSX-SE and installed the initial Beta. Lost steering authority at low airspeed making taxiing impossible. Response to the rudder pedals are way to sensitive ( regardless of calibration) same issue when landing and applying/releasing brakes the AP got the tendency to drift to the sides .... I know my Saites Pedals are okay since I have no such issue with FSX-SE over there the steering respect the surface and wind condition .... 

Cheers

Yair    

3 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Aileron to the wind, rudder to keep directional control that all I really know :) If my student can't do a good job then I correct it. Other than that I try to keep my airplane on the center-line the best I can. I don't really let 172 do anything until we in the air, so call me a chicken - my personal minimums are rather high :)

Now as soon as we get airborn airplane weathervane immediately. I actually let my students to crab while climbing, and actually teach them don't pay attention to cowling but rather track the flight path. My observation that 172 (clean) will start little weathervane as low as 5+ kts direct x-wind 

Going to have to test this out in real life ! Might be a while...

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Does anyone know what this means?

11.10 Flight model changes are now opt-in when the .acf is re-saved in 11.10 Plane Maker.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

8 minutes ago, Denco said:

11.10 Flight model changes are now opt-in when the .acf is re-saved in 11.10 Plane Maker.

This is what I understand it means:

Any future betas will NOT affect your current flight models settings in any way unless you go into Plane-Maker and re-save the aircraft .acf file with the new updated flight model.

• Upvote 3

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

So does that mean that if we update to this beta, to get the new flight models we will need to open and resave every aircraft in Plane-Maker?

Chris

3 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

So does that mean that if we update to this beta, to get the new flight models we will need to open and resave every aircraft in Plane-Maker?

Chris

For every stock aircraft, that is affirmative.

• Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

11 hours ago, strider1 said:

Going to have to test this out in real life ! Might be a while...

Contact me. I can arrange a flight for you out of CRQ 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 hours ago, CarlosF said:

Any future betas will NOT affect your current flight models settings in any way unless you go into Plane-Maker and re-save the aircraft .acf file with the new updated flight model.

Thanks for the explanation.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

For anyone testing weathervaning in a real plane, remember the effect in XP happens right at the start of a slow taxi, with very little forward speed, and therefore no rudder authority. So it's all about how the nose wheel steering is responding with no control  input. 

If it actually is exaggerated, then maybe it's related to not enough weight/friction on the nosewheel tire? If the tire friction modeling is allowing too much side-slip on a dry, paved runway, then it would cause this. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

4 hours ago, CarlosF said:

For every stock aircraft, that is affirmative.

..I'm only using the C172 & the B58, so would you kind enough and post instruction to how do we do it ?  

11 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

For anyone testing weathervaning in a real plane, remember the effect in XP happens right at the start of a slow taxi, with very little forward speed, and therefore no rudder authority. So it's all about how the nose wheel steering is responding with no control  input. 

If it actually is exaggerated, then maybe it's related to not enough weight/friction on the nosewheel tire? If the tire friction modeling is allowing too much side-slip on a dry, paved runway, then it would cause this. 

..make sense, but I think it's a Code issue & LR should consider fixing 

1 hour ago, N1125Y said:

.I'm only using the C172 & the B58, so would you kind enough and post instruction to how do we do it ?  

1. Open Plane maker.exe (XP11 root directory)

2. Click File/Open (select Aircraft/Laminar Research/Cessna 172SP/Cessna_172SP.acf), then click "Open aircraft" button located bottom right.

3. Click File/Save

4. Quit

That is it!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Contact me. I can arrange a flight for you out of CRQ 

Thanks ! I have a PPL, so not really looking for a instructor. If I am in your area and I am looking for a instructor I will keep you in mind !

Cheers.......

Eric Escobar

9 hours ago, CarlosF said:

I though the default planes include the new flight model with every new beta ?

Eric Escobar

25 minutes ago, strider1 said:

I though the default planes include the new flight model with every new beta ?

Starting beta 5, not any more

Beta 5:

• Upvote 1