Sign in to follow this  
MarkN1232

I hate this

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Is this your recommended method for those who have FTXG & LC installed?

I have no idea - I do not use FTXG or LC

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

12 minutes ago, costamesa said:

it might be easy (apparently) but it is "confusing" too. 

Kevin, do you mean even the add-on aircraft was there too, after the re-install? Matt was saying it was all good unless you uninstall the main p3d version you have. But I assume you have uninstalled even that?

Yes all my add-on a/c, including A2A, PMDG etc

I was expecting the NGX to start and have problems once I saw it still there, but no, it worked quite happily.

Maybe I am still asleep and living in a dreamworld, but everything just....worked.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

Just now, kevinfirth said:

I have no idea - I do not use FTXG or LC

I do.

Since FTX replaces textures, your suggestion would not work for those with FTXG.

But uninstalling the client and content, then installing only the client & content update for 4.1 would be the right approach.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I do.

Since FTX replaces textures, your suggestion would not work for those with FTXG.

But uninstalling the client and content, then installing only the client & content update for 4.1 would be the right approach.

Technically maybe, I was only reporting what worked for me, not suggesting what would or wouldn't work for anyone else, with or without a different set of add-ons :)

However, even for me FTX Central 3 suggested I needed to update the Orbx libraries, but curiously declined to say I needed to re-install FTX HDTrees, which I understood to simply be a replacement for default autogen textures, and consequently I would have expected it to have been overwritten by my 4.1 installation, but it seemingly didn't?

xaP1VAU.png

Just now, kevinfirth said:

Technically maybe, I was only reporting what worked for me, not suggesting what would or wouldn't work for anyone else, with or without a different set of add-ons :)

However, even for me FTX Central 3 suggested I needed to update the Orbx libraries, but curiously declined to say I needed to re-install FTX HDTrees, which I understood to simply be a replacement for default autogen textures, and consequently I would have expected to have been overwritten by my 4.1 installation, but it seemingly didn't?

Thanks for your input. I'm going to wait a few days before I update client & content. I'm waiting for PTA to be updated.

Hello

The only FTX Orbx's products that will need to be reinstalled after Updating Or Reinstalling Prepar3D is from the Scenery component and that would be FTX Global Base, FTX Trees and the Orbx Libraries  

I have Included some steps here 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Hello

The only FTX Orbx's products that will need to be reinstalled after Updating Or Reinstalling Prepar3D is from the Scenery component and that would be FTX Global Base, FTX Trees and the Orbx Libraries  

Hi Elaine, I wonder why FTX Central 3 didn't think I needed to reinstall my HDTrees after uninstalling 4.0 and reinstalling 4.1?  Cheers Kev

xaP1VAU.png

18 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Hello

Thanks Elaine.

16 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Hi Elaine, I wonder why FTX Central 3 didn't think I needed to reinstall my HDTrees after uninstalling 4.0 and reinstalling 4.1?  Cheers Kev

Hello Kevin,

Once the FTX Central Control Panel can see the .TXT files at the location below for the different Orbx products you have Installed it will always think they are still installed and healthy 

Prepar3D v4 ► ORBX ► User Documents ► Versions ►  .TXT  

Once you Delete any of these .TXT files the Central Control Panel will think you have not got this product Installed

1 minute ago, Poppet said:

Hello Kevin,

Once the FTX Central Control Panel can see the .TXT files at the location below for the different Orbx products you have Installed it will always think they are still installed and healthy 

Prepar3D v4 ► ORBX ► User Documents ► Versions ►  .TXT  

Once you Delete any of these .TXT files the Central Control Panel will think you have not got this product Installed

Most useful, Thanks Elaine, I just uninstalled and reinstalled it :) Cheers K

xaP1VAU.png

6 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

This is bad advice. No need to download the entire 4.1.

O my Gosh Half the people say you need to install the Full 4.1 and half say you don't!!! It's no wonder nobody has any idea what is going on!!!!!

Hi Mitch,

When in doubt - trust "Poppet"...

:biggrin:

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

9 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

O my Gosh Half the people say you need to install the Full 4.1 and half say you don't!!! It's no wonder nobody has any idea what is going on!!!!!

I have not seen half the people stating to uninstall the entire application and then reinstall it. Most people seem to be just swapping out the old Client for the new Client msi file. Many people are also choosing to update the Content file as well. What a dreadfully long and error prone process it would be to uninstall the entire app as well as many add-ons and reinstall them when there is no need as LM has provided a solid means to avoid all that trouble.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

17 hours ago, ErichB said:

Kind of like flying an Airbus.

Not everyone likes Airbus.

Not to high jack this tread but I have both P3DV4 and XP11 and hands down XP keeps it simple, one button press and the sim checks your files, uploads and installs everything in the update and all addons and plugins planes etc are left unaffected...its perfect. I get your statement but we are talking about how it is possible that a sim can be updated easily or not whether or not we like the sim.

• Upvote 1

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

2 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

I have not seen half the people stating to uninstall the entire application and then reinstall it. Most people seem to be just swapping out the old Client for the new Client msi file. Many people are also choosing to update the Content file as well. What a dreadfully long and error prone process it would be to uninstall the entire app as well as many add-ons and reinstall them when there is no need as LM has provided a solid means to avoid all that trouble.

I agree I don't know whether or not the content has been updated and should also be installed. And I don't know if I do install the content if it wipes out my addon sceneries or planes of what?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3