Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP and P3D4.1

Hi,

This post to let you know if all goes well, and there is no last minute show stopper, we'll offer updates to all our X-Plane and FltSim products tomorrow, with new features, enhancements, and surprises!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 minute ago, RXP said:

Hi,

This post to let you know if all goes well, and there is no last minute show stopper, we'll offer updates to all our X-Plane and FltSim products tomorrow, with new features, enhancements, and surprises!

Thanks !

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Any new advisories?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 10/12/2017 at 0:47 PM, RXP said:

Hi,

Actually there is one very big showstopper. The requirement to purchase Garmin navdata for up to date nav information is prohibitive. Why on earth use Garmin data?

Cheers

Steve Hall

Because the only true GTN/GNS simulator are the garmin trainers (others are just jokes) and they use Garmin database only, and this cannot be changed.

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

@cowpatz Hi, there is no requirement to purchase anything other than our Reality XP GNS V2 or our Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch for FltSim.

Both come with a database in-par with the simulator you are using. Should you want to keep you simulator current database wise, then you might want to also keep your GTN/GNS V2 database current as well. In that case, I don't know any other way to get recurrent updates for free, be it the simulator or the Garmin. If you do, please let us know, I'd be more than willing to let our customers know.

In the meantime, like I've said many times in our forums, I know that DB updates is something some of our customers are requesting, and I've promised that once we're done with our batch of Garmin products releases, we will address this question more thoroughly than in the past. I have some innovative ideas about this, but there is only 24H a day.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

12 minutes ago, RXP said:

but there is only 24H a day.

And I can vouch for the credible hours you are putting in. Much appreciated!

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere