Majestic Dash 8 Q400 coming October 23 for P3D v4

Hello,

I have a small problem everything works great

except on any landing when the wheels make contact

with the runway the aircraft bounces up and away

landing with ILS at 130kt autopilot off at 500 feet

Tony

Hello Tony,

I'm not sure, but I might be able to help.  I've been a senior Majestic Beta tester for, well, I guess it's over 7 years now.

I'm going to paint in broad strokes here, but I think it will help you.

Weight and balance has to be correct in the Dash and it's even more critical because the Dash is the only aircraft in flight sim that I've flown in 30 years that handles like a real aircraft. This due to the Dash being the only aircraft in flight sim that uses an external flight model (created by NASA).  Now, we're bound to have a few people jump up and down and say "oh no, the FSL A320 uses an external flight model (as well as one or two other aircraft) but I've spoken directly with the developers in question... DIRECTLY, and oh no they don't, so let's please not go down that road again, it's just plain silly and someone only has to look at the aircraft.cfg and AIR file to see it for themselves. Anyway....

I'm attaching a Weight and Balance sheet I want you to try when flying the Dash, it should help you out considerably.

Next, please try landing the Dash with Flaps sets to 15 and at 135 knots.  no slower than 135 and no faster than 138 (try my loadout and land with about 1500 and 3000 pounds of fuel).

Be careful not to slam the aircraft down, float the aircraft, or flare the aircraft too much (very, very little). Any of these will cause you problems.

Do the above and you'll likely have a much better landing experience, one that you'll be able to continue to fine tune as you gain more experience in the Dash.

xbVnxCe.jpg

Best wishes.

• Upvote 4

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

The Q400 is beautiful in VR. Particularly very clear overhead panel. One of the more impressive planes in VR.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Thanks for those landing tips, brother Dave.

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Thanks for those landing tips, brother Dave.

My pleasure!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

By the way... I live stream fairly often... and you usually get to see a few different Beta products from different developers.  Now, I'm having surgery tomorrow so I'll be offline for a few days (shoulder surgery on my dominant arm as well... arrrgghhh), but if you subscribe to my Twitch channel you'll be notified of when I'm streaming and you never know what you might see. 

Right now (not this moment, but in general) I'm streaming the Dash, the Beta for the Maddog, Aerosoft Airbus A320 64-bit Beta (soon the A330 as well), and maybe a very special upcoming product that (no kidding around) will knock your socks off.

Twitch channel is:  https://go.twitch.tv/ovpa

SOMETHING REALLY SPECIAL I'M ONLY SHARING WITH ME FELLOW DASH 8 LOVERS!

This coming week I'll be announcing the date and time for the upcoming Annual Flight Sim Web Conference.  This year our guests previewing new upcoming products will be Aerosoft, REX and a special guest we're not ready to announce. To receive direct notifications  you can either subscribe to the Online Virtual Pilots Association Facebook page or email us directly at new.ovpa@gmail.com.  Our website is down as we're switching providers and struggling to get a new website up... anyone who does this really well and wants to help... would love that!

Best wishes to everyone.

Dave Hodges

Yes, thanks Dave for the landing tips, I've been struggling with it but really enjoying this bird.

Also I used this video to get the 125hz controls to work with my saitek pro yoke and rudder pedals. End result very smooth controls.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

and maybe a very special upcoming product that (no kidding around) will knock your socks off.

But do you fly barefoot?  :)

Cheers, Rob.

I can only confirm what the others have been saying, specially about the VR experience. The last few flights were the most beautiful, engaging and thrilling moments I have ever had in the virtual cockpits. This is plane is a joy to fly using P3D V4.1 native VR, so much that I have barely touched the FSL a320 since its release.

I'll never forget the CAT-III night landing at Jersey Island using the HUD a couple days ago...

• Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

5 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

But do you fly barefoot?  :)

Cheers, Rob.

Hey Rob,

Now you kmow, in the Dash, I fly barefoot and naked!  Whoops, TMI... LOL!

Dave Hodges

I'm considering getting this. Quick question though. I have controllers disabled in P3d, but assigned and calibrated via FSUIPC. If I use the 125htz option, will that cause any issues? I assume I'll just leave the axis unassigned in FSUIPC and the Q400 external fd will read the data directly? 

Dave Garwood.

7 hours ago, branks737 said:

Also I used this video to get the 125hz controls to work with my saitek pro yoke and rudder pedals. End result very smooth controls.

There is a terrific utility that works even better/faster!

http://viaintercity.com/forums/bombardier-dash-8-q400-(dhc-8-402q)/majestic-q400-pro-125hz-controls-config-tool/

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

6 minutes ago, Dave CBFS said:

I'm considering getting this. Quick question though. I have controllers disabled in P3d, but assigned and calibrated via FSUIPC. If I use the 125htz option, will that cause any issues? I assume I'll just leave the axis unassigned in FSUIPC and the Q400 external fd will read the data directly? 

So long as each of the Axis are unassigned in FSUIPC, then the 125hz controls will work.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

5 minutes ago, Dave CBFS said:

Thanks Dave. 

You bet!  Anytime.

Dave Hodges