Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 coming October 23 for P3D v4

4 hours ago, ckyliu said:

You can adjust the turbulence susceptibility in the MJC84.ini under the [FLIGHTCONTROLS] section:

TURBULENCE_FACTOR =0.75  

Max 1.0, min 0.0, default .75, I suggest you try .5 to start with.

Thanks

6 hours ago, branks737 said:

Is anyone running ASP4 with the Q400? In heavy turbulence I'm getting erratic flight dynamics and constant AP disconnections. I have turbulence effect scale to 35, I need to leave it at 35 because it's a requirement for ezdok2.

Is there certain settings recommended with this combo?

Hello!

Had the same problem like you and found in Debug (left side of ASP4) i was getting instant Vertical speed changes in the range of 5000ft/min direct to -5000 ft/min. 

In ASP4 go to "Options/Wind options (and effects)/Realistic thunderstorm up and downdraft rate", then untick checkbox.

How did it work?

Is fs2crew doing a v4 installer for the Q?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Is fs2crew doing a v4 installer for the Q?

Yes. Should be ready tomorrow or Saturday it appears. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

3 hours ago, redline said:

Hello!

Had the same problem like you and found in Debug (left side of ASP4) i was getting instant Vertical speed changes in the range of 5000ft/min direct to -5000 ft/min. 

In ASP4 go to "Options/Wind options (and effects)/Realistic thunderstorm up and downdraft rate", then untick checkbox.

How did it work?

That's already unticked. I limit the up/down draft to 2000ft/min

I looked in the debug screen and I wasn't getting up/down draft, but it was indicating heavy turbulence. 

I will turn down turbulence scale in the q400.ini file as suggested by someone

12 hours ago, branks737 said:

I have fuselage effect disabled. You mean also the camera effect level?

I was referring to the levels of TURBULENCE.

Turbulence.jpg

But they do not affect the fuselage, they only affect the camera view of the pilot, therefore, can not affect the autopilot. I realized what was wrong with the Board, but you have already given the right advice to change the turbulence setting in the file:

16 hours ago, ckyliu said:

You can adjust the turbulence susceptibility in the MJC84.ini under the [FLIGHTCONTROLS] section:

TURBULENCE_FACTOR =0.75  

Max 1.0, min 0.0, default .75, I suggest you try .5 to start with.

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

Just came here to say I just bought the P3Dv4 Pro edition. No previous experience with the 32-bit versions, but I flew thousands of hours with Flight1's ATR back in the FS9 days. I have not read any manuals yet, but managed to start it from C&D and go for a circuit around a few really "heavy" sceneries for FPS. All I can say is WOW... I have never seen an add-on that is such a pleasure to hand fly, that much detail graphically and from a sound perspective, so much system depth, and on my (admittedly powerful 7700K + GTX1080Ti) system it is as light on FPS as the default F22 if not better!
I am just amazed at this, the best 53 GBP I have spent in my simming career... I think I have now found the holy grail of a/c add-ons. I will not ever enjoy anything as much as this! Keep your PMDG737, 777, FSL A320's... To enjoy an add-on it also needs to perform well and this is the best piece of programming and optimization I have seen ever. And I have been simming since the FS2000 days...

Thank you Majestic, you have another big fan here and a loyal customer. Now off to start studying for this beauty :)

• Upvote 3

Has anyone experimented with the CPU core mask function in the MJC84.ini?

I don't know that it's necessary, or possibly even helpful to mess with it...just curious.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

8 hours ago, Makinen11 said:

Just came here to say I just bought the P3Dv4 Pro edition. No previous experience with the 32-bit versions, but I flew thousands of hours with Flight1's ATR back in the FS9 days. I have not read any manuals yet, but managed to start it from C&D and go for a circuit around a few really "heavy" sceneries for FPS. All I can say is WOW... I have never seen an add-on that is such a pleasure to hand fly, that much detail graphically and from a sound perspective, so much system depth, and on my (admittedly powerful 7700K + GTX1080Ti) system it is as light on FPS as the default F22 if not better!
I am just amazed at this, the best 53 GBP I have spent in my simming career... I think I have now found the holy grail of a/c add-ons. I will not ever enjoy anything as much as this! Keep your PMDG737, 777, FSL A320's... To enjoy an add-on it also needs to perform well and this is the best piece of programming and optimization I have seen ever. And I have been simming since the FS2000 days...

Thank you Majestic, you have another big fan here and a loyal customer. Now off to start studying for this beauty :)

I love the ATR, I read talk of and update but nothing in years. Milviz is doing a -600

I'd like to fly the AT4 and 7 and a freighter variant too

Now if only Majestic made a c208... I‘d be all over a smaller accurately simulated single turbo....

On 25 October 2017 at 1:34 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

This plane is great and I decided to get the pro version for the 125 Hz control input and the positive reviews on this forum

However, I am stuck configuring the 125 Hz setting. This utility does not work on my Windows 7 system (does not respond).

Changing the .ini file is not working either. I used fsupic to get the joystick numbers and added 1 as suggested.

I am using a saitek yoke and CH paddles. The rudder work but the elevator and aileron (reportted as the X and Y axis in fsupic) does not work. I tried an number of joystick numbers, no joy.

Any suggestions.

Johan Pienaar

4 hours ago, pinepix62 said:

This plane is great and I decided to get the pro version for the 125 Hz control input and the positive reviews on this forum

However, I am stuck configuring the 125 Hz setting. This utility does not work on my Windows 7 system (does not respond).

Changing the .ini file is not working either. I used fsupic to get the joystick numbers and added 1 as suggested.

I am using a saitek yoke and CH paddles. The rudder work but the elevator and aileron (reportted as the X and Y axis in fsupic) does not work. I tried an number of joystick numbers, no joy.

Any suggestions.

I have the saitek pro yoke. This is what I have in the .ini file.

; Flight Controls positions from FSX
ElevatorsByFSX=0
AileronsByFSX=0
RuddersByFSX=0

; CENTER AND DEFLECTION ARE IN THE 0x0000-0xFFFF range

ELEVATOR0_CENTER    =32768
ELEVATOR0_DEFLECTION     =32768

AILERON0_CENTER        =32768
AILERON0_DEFLECTION    =32768

RUDDER0_CENTER        =32768
RUDDER0_DEFLECTION    =32768

BRAKEL0_OFF        =1
BRAKEL0_ON        =65535

BRAKER0_OFF        =1
BRAKER0_ON        =65535

ELEVATOR1_CENTER    =32768
ELEVATOR1_DEFLECTION     =0

AILERON1_CENTER        =32768
AILERON1_DEFLECTION    =0

RUDDER1_CENTER        =32768
RUDDER1_DEFLECTION    =0

BRAKEL1_OFF        =1
BRAKEL1_ON        =65535

BRAKER1_OFF        =1
BRAKER1_ON        =65535

TILLER_CENTER        =32768
TILLER_DEFLECTION    =32768

FORCEFEEDBACK_TWIST    =0.00

YAW_DUE_TO_PROPWASH    =1.0
TURBULENCE_FACTOR    =0.75

ELEVATOR_EFFECTIVENESS    =0.5
AILERONS_EFFECTIVENESS    =0.85
RUDDERS_EFFECTIVENESS    =0.5
PEDALS_STEERING_EFFECTIVENESS =0.5
AUTO_RUDDER_FACTOR    =1.0

[JOYSTICK_INTERFACE_ASSIGNMENTS]
; See SpecialFeatures.pdf Joystick Connector section for description
; Ailerons
J1_X=FlightControls_->sensors.Aileron0_ADC
; Elevators
J1_Y=FlightControls_->sensors.Elevator0_ADC

; Rudder
J0_Rz=FlightControls_->sensors.Rudder0_ADC
; AP DISC
J0_b1=AFCS_->inputs.AP_disengage
J0_b2=AFCS_->inputs.TCS_button

Do you have the same values for flightcontrol, sensors.ailerons??????

Yes, all the same.

I have for rudder:

J1_Z=FlightControls_->sensors.Rudder0_ADC

That works fine for the rudder (CH Rudder)

I have tried J0,1,2,3,4,5 and 6 (not sure where I should stop) for the Saitek elevator and aileron but nothing works.

Johan Pienaar

4 hours ago, pinepix62 said:

This utility does not work on my Windows 7 system (does not respond).

Did you comply with all the prerequisites? Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 or later and run the tool with administrator rights?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 minute ago, ckyliu said:

Did you comply with all the prerequisites? Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 or later and run the tool with administrator rights?

Yes, reinstalled .NET (reported as being installed already) and ran as administrator.

Johan Pienaar