Sign in to follow this  
Ident

LM P3Dv4.1 Let the good times roll!

By the end of this month P3Dv4  (v4.1 really) IMHO will finally be the sim I have been hoping for since I got it back in June.

We have had one small common issue with ground handling that has been determined got broken in a fix and all the A2A planes are now being fixed in a hotfix;

"In v4.1 we fixed an issue with an incorrect unit conversion for body relative rotations in the SDK. This impacted some third parties including A2A. They are aware of the change and making necessary updates. We apologize for the inconvenience but this change was necessary to improve future development. 

Regards,
Rob McCarthy (of LM
)"
------------------------------------------
"Yes we have identified the Lockheed unit change and will have a hot fix out soon

thanks,
Lewis (of A2A)"
-------------------------------------------
"Guys, the reason for this issue is that in one of the latest builds of 4.1 LM has fixed a long standing bug in the SDK (carried over from FSX days), which changed the units used by one of the variables in the sim. We have custom ground handling model for our aircraft, and this broke our steering capability.

The fix is simple and we plan to release a core accusim update in the following days that addresses this issue. In the meantime, if you've already installed 4.1, you can roll back your P3D client to version 4.0.

For all us VR simmers Dan Church has made this announcement:
"Hi All,

We're in the process of cleaning up a couple of small bugs. We plan to launch FlyInside P3D4 for this weekend - either tomorrow (10/13) afternoon or Saturday. This is the same features you know/love from FlyInside, plus very smooth frame-rates (much smoother than P3D4 native VR). Compatible with both Prepar3D v4.0 and v4.1.

Given the months of development we've spent upgrading FlyInside P3D4 to support 64-bit and the new graphics changes from LM, this is launching as a separate product from FlyInside P3D (32-bit). For new customers $27, and we have a discount for existing FlyInside customers - only $20, available until the end of October. 

Thanks,
Dan (of FlyInside
"
------------------------------------------------------

Next is great news from Majestic about the Dash 8 found on their Facebook page:
"Attention ALL Majestic Software Q400 Captains, First Officers, and Virtual Airlines:

The wait has been a laborious one for all crew members that were grounded for the past 5 months awaiting their Q400s to become air-worthy for use with Prepar3D v4. We are pleased to announce that the x64 bit version of the Majestic Software Q400 addon is currently being tested in-house, and should begin beta testing shortly, and the "tentative" release date is now being set for Monday 23rd of October 2017.

As mentioned in previous updates, there has been a significant amount of work that had to done to resurrect the Q400 for the x64 bit version of Prepar3D, which included replacing a number of functionalities, such as the navigational database engine, 2D panel graphics engine, network and interfacing - to enable them to function and take the full advantage of the x64 bit platform. Hopefully, the beta testing stage will be fairly straightforward (fingers crossed).

So the question everyone's been curious about: Will there be a cost for the transition to Prepar3D v4? - Yes, there will be. Current owners of the PILOT & PRO editions for FSX/FSX:SE/Prepar3D v3 Q400 PILOT and PRO will be discounted significantly for the Prepar3D v4 transition. The discounts will be provided by the stores where the original purchases were made, or by Just Flight Ltd for the Boxed editions.

Discount Pricing: APPLICABLE ONLY TO OWNERS OF THE Q400 PILOT & PRO x32 bit Editions.
PILOT - 14.95 Euros
PRO - 19.95 Euros

New purchases of the MJC Q400 PILOT and PRO Editions for Prepar3D will be the same as the FSX/FSX:SE and Prepar3D v3 editions.

As always, we thank you all for your continued patience and support.

The Majestic Software Team
-kroswynd (Of Majestic)"
--------------------------------------

With seeing addons like Acitve Sky, FSUIPC, RealAir (mentioned because there is no longer customer support or updates to follow), F1 GTN's and numerous others are already working in v4.1 from day one, really the only last thing to get v4 almost exactly as we have it in v3.4 would be Orbx ObjectFlow allowing for their addon sceneries to be v4 ready.

The concern of moving from the 32bit to 64bit that anyone (myself included) might of had prior to it being released and starting over or loosing so much that was invested in v3 and going all the way back to FSX seems to now be a huge sigh of relief. A huge thanks to the efforts of LM and their openness to work with addon developers, the beta testers and the community. Great times in simming are shortly ahead!

• Upvote 1

Object flow is already working. Its supposedly an open beta but there have been zero issues on my side. I believe its about to go mainstream.

Well in to be fair, these developers didn't had the opportunity to obtain access to 4.1 beta or any warning about the changes that were going to be released by LM and that is why their add-on's found problems as soon 4.1 was released.

My congratulations goes to all of these developers for addressing the issues so quickly and to the Avsim community users for reporting and communicating problems and fixes so effective as this was key to get every single user into a stable platform.

Well done all of you!!!, you are the real heros.

Special thanks to LM software engineers who were very active on the Prepar3d forums after the initial release to respond as quickly as possible to any end users or developers issues.

Best regards,

Simbol 

Ye'h using it here too no issues also, ref Object flow . I moved over to P3D just recently, am happy with LM and future looks pretty good too, more and more developers getting on board, more and more options for us. A platform  that has good foundations and grows daily, happy with that.

Are there any other aircrafts than A2A that are affected by fixing the unit conversion in the SDK by LM? So far I am only aware of A2A (and EZDOK as tool), but would be good to know whether other aircrafts such as Carenado, Alabeo, Realair, PMDG are affected as well.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

1 minute ago, Cargostorm said:

Are there any other aircrafts than A2A that are affected by fixing the unit conversion in the SDK by LM? So far I am only aware of A2A (and EZDOK as tool), but would be good to know whether other aircrafts such as Carenado, Alabeo, Realair, PMDG are affected as well.

I can say that I tried the Real Air Lancair and it was not affected. 

So now that the dust has settled a bit, I'm curious if there is a need to update the content to 4.1 as well as the client? Client is required, I get that, and scenery I don't think I'm too worried about, but is content recommended also? Are there any actions that would require reinstalling add-ons?

- Aaron

1 minute ago, slait said:

So now that the dust has settled a bit, I'm curious if there is a need to update the content to 4.1 as well as the client? Client is required, I get that, and scenery I don't think I'm too worried about, but is content recommended also? Are there any actions that would require reinstalling add-ons?

Some people here are strongly recommending that the content be updated, but to be honest, most users won't see a difference. The biggest change is that many of the stock aircraft have the windscreen rain effect. 

The way i see it why not update the content too, it's there so may as well use it and it don't take long to do. May as well have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. The way LM do it now modular it wont affect your addon's either, win, win. :happy: