branks737

Directional Lighting 3 error

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I just upgraded to v2.60 but now I get this error "ERROR applying custom tweak [Clouds directional lighting 3] : the desired block is not found Preset has been applied with errors. See log above"

It doesn't matter which preset I use I get the same error

Regards

 

Branko Markovic

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There may be some small incompatibility issues that we've missed. Can you try the preset that I included with the download and tell me if it works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt your 1.3 preset works. It seems that others I have obtained from the Mega preset thread get that error that I mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So looks like the old preset isn't compatible?

Perhaps the best way take Matt's preset and after this modify it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also seeing this error using the PTAbsolute preset.

If I disable the offending custom tweak (cloud directional lighting 3) it installs without error but then I have no clouds in the sim at all.

It only works properly by disabling all custom cloud tweaks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PilotGW said:

I'm also seeing this error using the PTAbsolute preset.

If I disable the offending custom tweak (cloud directional lighting 3) it installs without error but then I have no clouds in the sim at all.

It only works properly by disabling all custom cloud tweaks.

Ah, that's what happened to my clouds then. Thought it was suspiciously sunny over the UK earlier!! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No clouds = not compatible

The PTAbsolute preset has to be modified to have it working.

Mat’s , Adam’s latest and my new preset are fully compatible.

regards

Gerard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GSalden said:

No clouds = not compatible

The PTAbsolute preset has to be modified to have it working.

Mat’s , Adam’s latest and my new preset are fully compatible.

regards

Gerard

I should hire you and Adam to deal with the spam of support requests I am obliged to deal with - you seem to get to people quicker than me :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GSalden said:

No clouds = not compatible

The PTAbsolute preset has to be modified to have it working.

Mat’s , Adam’s latest and my new preset are fully compatible.

regards

Gerard

Hi Gerard, this is the only preset I want to use, so how would I make it compatible?  I'm by no means conversant in PTA speak, I just like to install the preset and go.  All I did was change two settings for cloud shadows, all I'm capable of learning so far.

I've tried them all and I like this one the best.

I'm curious as to why some will run and others will not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same problem.... I have tested with the REX presets and the same issue occurs... Zero clouds.

 

Andrew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try Mat’s , Adam’s or one of mine as a start.

To make things compatible you manually need to modify ini files and if you have it working you will not have the new features that Matt included.

I am using EnvTex too + ASP4 + ASCA .

Here my latest incl post processing and the new features :

Nice%20Dusk%20-%20P3Dv41.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Hi Gerard, this is the only preset I want to use, so how would I make it compatible?  I'm by no means conversant in PTA speak, I just like to install the preset and go.  All I did was change two settings for cloud shadows, all I'm capable of learning so far.

I've tried them all and I like this one the best.

I'm curious as to why some will run and others will not.

 

 

5 hours ago, AndrewB said:

I have the same problem.... I have tested with the REX presets and the same issue occurs... Zero clouds.

 

Andrew

 

On 24.08.2017 at 11:32 PM, _Patrol said:

PTA -> Miscellaneous -> custom tweaks

uncheck "Clouds directional lighting 1" /2 and 3

click "preset" -> save

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, _Patrol said:

 

 

Thanks Patrol, but won't this diminish the usefulness of PTA?  I mean does this apply to all existing presets?  And if not then why just to PTAbsolute Natural?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same issue.

If I disable Cloud Directional Lighting 3, it applies without errors, but I loose all clouds within the sim. If I disable the Custom Tweaks entirely, I get the clouds back.

I this something which needs to be corrected within the preset or with PTA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

I have the same issue.

If I disable Cloud Directional Lighting 3, it applies without errors, but I loose all clouds within the sim. If I disable the Custom Tweaks entirely, I get the clouds back.

I this something which needs to be corrected within the preset or with PTA?

Those presets do not work correctly with V2.60.

If you delete those custom entries you still have a preset that is not fully functional ...

Regards,Gerard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GSalden said:

Those presets do not work correctly with V2.60.

If you delete those custom entries you still have a preset that is not fully functional ...

Regards,Gerard

Alright. Thanks Gerad.

I guess I'll ask if FlightBeam would update their preset, then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now