Sign in to follow this  
twister1853

Hunter lift off problem

57 minutes ago, twister1853 said:

Though, could I live with a cold and dark setup each time I fly?  Questionable!

It will surely beat the pants off of what you are living with now! Think of it as

real life.  I would bet you don't leave your car running 24 hrs. a day just so you

don't have to start it up:happy:

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Whilst it is not a bad idea, quite often with add-on aeroplanes, the 'load up a default trike flight first' stuff is simply to ensure that any complex aeroplane you subsequently load up is on as basic a setting for avionics and engine controls as it can be. Many developers advocate this because it is easier than constantly having to answer support questions for people who are not that experienced with ensuring everything is switched off before cranking something complex like a 737 or A320 up, thus finding something which they think is weird going on and submitting a ticket about it.

Thus it often isn't necessary to do that, I can cheerfully load up the FSL A320 straight from cranking up FSX and it doesn't have any problems at all, and that's about as complex an FS add-on as you can get, but even though I can do that, I still have the default FS Trike at an airport with the engine off saved as my default flight upon sim start up, simply because it loads the sim itself up a little bit quicker.

Anyway, glad you got to the bottom of the mystery and can fly your Hunter about and, more importantly actually get the thing off the deck. You are not the first person to have fallen foul of that autopilot on when you think you're in a plane which doesn't have one gotcha, I've done that myself and it puzzled me for a while too when the aeroplane was thundering across the grass heading for a fence and refusing to respond to the rudder lol. I daresay we won't be the last people to have it happen either.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Other than some sympathy I can't offer a suggestion but I fly the JF Hunter frequently - it is definitely one of their best addons... Occasionally after doing one take off and landing I have had the elevators lock up when I began a second take-off. When anything like that happens, I automatically check AP off and I also tried cranking the elevator trim back but to no avail. Ended up running off the runway into the trees! LOL But it has only happened a few times and has brought me back to the good practice of an external check of all controls before take off at any time. When I notice the elevator is locked, I just restart the flight.

But your problem sounds like it's more than the JF Hunter and I can imagine it's driving you nuts. I know it would do that to me!!!! Good luck with a solution

Another glorious victory for my Hawker Hunter against a wily and dangerous enemy, cunningly disguised as a British Midland Airbus A319, but that disguise and the crew's authentic sounding pleas for mercy and repeated Mayday calls on 121.5 Mhz and the people dressed as holidaymakers frantically waving at me from the passenger windows didn't fool me for a second. I knew he was just waiting for his chance to strike...

31vXFho.jpg

BsLNwj8.jpg

Mc49kyc.jpg

eSLOrfF.jpg

2KLbPVq.jpg

FfiWdj4.jpg

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Hi Chock,

I've done what you suggested and made the MS Trike the default aircraft at my local airfield.  I've tried it with and without the engine running.  In both cases, this seems to eliminate my problem, i.e. the Hunter (and other aircraft) now do not have the autopilot engaged when loading FSX.  In future I'll keep my hands away from the Z key, just in case!  10/10

Raymond

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, twister1853 said:

Hi Chock,

I've done what you suggested and made the MS Trike the default aircraft at my local airfield.  I've tried it with and without the engine running.  In both cases, this seems to eliminate my problem, i.e. the Hunter (and other aircraft) now do not have the autopilot engaged when loading FSX.  In future I'll keep my hands away from the Z key, just in case!  10/10

Raymond

Glad it's sorted. :cool:

Alan Bradbury

14 hours ago, Chock said:

........I knew he was just waiting for his chance to strike...

You are a bad man, Mr. Bradbury! A bad man! Cool  effects though! :happy:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)