Sign in to follow this  
Dannyboy_1

A2A Cherokee or C 182

Recommended Posts

I have the  Realair Turbine Duke V2.

The Duke V2 for FSX Steam is or should have said was the best it's a shame I can't use it in anymore as I have moved over to Prepar3D V4.

So may have to buy the A2A Cherokee.

Jack Nicholl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, Dannyboy_1 said:

I have the  Realair Turbine Duke V2.

The Duke V2 for FSX Steam is or should have said was the best it's a shame I can't use it in anymore as I have moved over to Prepar3D V4.

So may have to buy the A2A Cherokee.

Jack Nicholl

The RealAir TD V2 works in P3d V4.1 with some effort. There is a long thread on the AVSim forums that explains how to get it installed and how to make the extra sounds and lights work correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, me too for the Cherokee. Why? Not entirely sure. I think I prefer the handling and aesthetics. But as said earlier, it's a little like comparing oranges and apples. Regardless of whichever aircraft you buy, it's academic, because it will simply spur you on to buy the other anyway... I promise :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Folks,

While I have them both - I think I prefer the Cherokee as well...

I know A2A aircraft are some of the best of the best - but - to me the Skylane is a bit squirrely on takeoff - I've flown a friends Skylane a couple of times - been a passenger a couple more - and it's much more stable and forgiving than the A2A FDE... Put in a 12 knot cross wind and try the A2A Skylane - it's very easy to crash and I kind of know what I'm doing... The RW SKylane is a very forgiving plane who's worst flight characteristic is some tendency to drop the heavy nose on landing if you don't watch your airspeed... Just my humble opinion - I like the FDE on the Cherokee and Comanche much better...

Regards,

Scott    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

While I have them both - I think I prefer the Cherokee as well...

I know A2A aircraft are some of the best of the best - but - to me the Skylane is a bit squirrely on takeoff - I've flown a friends Skylane a couple of times - been a passenger a couple more - and it's much more stable and forgiving than the A2A FDE... Put in a 12 knot cross wind and try the A2A Skylane - it's very easy to crash and I kind of know what I'm doing... The RW SKylane is a very forgiving plane who's worst flight characteristic is some tendency to drop the heavy nose on landing if you don't watch your airspeed... Just my humble opinion - I like the FDE on the Cherokee and Comanche much better...

Regards,

Scott    

I agree Scott, not that I have any RW experience in the 182, I do nevertheless find it a bit of a handful on take off and landing in anything other than a light wind.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

While I have them both - I think I prefer the Cherokee as well...

I know A2A aircraft are some of the best of the best - but - to me the Skylane is a bit squirrely on takeoff - I've flown a friends Skylane a couple of times - been a passenger a couple more - and it's much more stable and forgiving than the A2A FDE... Put in a 12 knot cross wind and try the A2A Skylane - it's very easy to crash and I kind of know what I'm doing... The RW SKylane is a very forgiving plane who's worst flight characteristic is some tendency to drop the heavy nose on landing if you don't watch your airspeed... Just my humble opinion - I like the FDE on the Cherokee and Comanche much better...

Regards,

Scott    

Agreed. I love the A2A 182 but its handling is not quite what I expect. I have tried playing with the simulated force options in the control panel and all sorts.

With a fair number of hours in 172's it feels far too jumpy on the controls to me.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

I agree Scott, not that I have any RW experience in the 182, I do nevertheless find it a bit of a handful on take off and landing in anything other than a light wind.

 

25 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

Agreed. I love the A2A 182 but its handling is not quite what I expect. I have tried playing with the simulated force options in the control panel and all sorts.

With a fair number of hours in 172's it feels far too jumpy on the controls to me.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the confirmation - I had brought it up very tactfully and politely on the A2A forum a while back - and - they very politely responded - however - it seemed more like it was me, my controls, my system, the way I fly - - - than we'll take a serious look at the product...

Regards,

Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this